COC 3.5 Certification

Morgan

I wish closing part was little longer so I dont have to put slow motion but I am glad that finally I completed it. 

• Like 20

Congrats Morgan, so well deserved given your talent and seriousness! If I understood well a few years ago you made an attempt at certification with an incredibly hard coc 3.5 above 185 RGC?  How much do you estimate the one you just closed?

• Like 1

Congrats! Crazy Strong

I am a little surprised that Ironmind let that pass its hard to tell for sure if they touch. It is very very close at 7:31 it looks closed

Very impressed with that double pump action you used that's almost like a mini rep to get that last 1/4 inch of the close - That might be more impressive than the close.

• Like 1

Congrats! Thats awesome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maiche 25 said:
Congrats Morgan, so well deserved given your talent and seriousness! If I understood well a few years ago you made an attempt at certification with an incredibly hard coc 3.5 above 185 RGC?  How much do you estimate the one you just closed?

I did my first 1st attempt 4 years ago and it was 183 (rated by CPW). My 2nd attempt was done last year October and the gripper was somewhere in between 185~190. I would say the gripper in the video is somewhere in between 175~180. Definitely not over 180.

44 minutes ago, eman said:

Congrats! Crazy Strong

I am a little surprised that Ironmind let that pass its hard to tell for sure if they touch. It is very very close at 7:31 it looks closed

Very impressed with that double pump action you used that's almost like a mini rep to get that last 1/4 inch of the close - That might be more impressive than the close.

Closing part should be more visible if you pause couple times in between 7:38~7:41. 

Edited by Morgan
  • Thanks 1

Congrats. That is very impressive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

I did my first 1st attempt 4 years ago and it was 183 (rated by CPW). My 2nd attempt was done last year October and the gripper was somewhere in between 185~190. I would say the gripper in the video is somewhere in between 175~180. Definitely not over 180.

Closing part should be more visible if you pause couple times in between 7:38~7:41. 

Yes, definitely closed at 7:40-7:41. Great job.

• Like 1

Just read what Ironmind posted on Facebook about your certification attempt. I'm surprised that they actually allowed the certification to to be done this way without an actual judge being present. Could open the doorway to to more certification attempts through video.

• Like 4

Great job!

Awesome determination!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

Just read what Ironmind posted on Facebook about your certification attempt. I'm surprised that they actually allowed the certification to to be done this way without an actual judge being present. Could open the doorway to to more certification attempts through video.

I think IronMind would not do this if not for Covid. If you look on their website, there were a few "Red Nail" certifiers recently as well. 

As far as Certification for the 3.5 goes, I don't think there are many guys "waiting in line" for getting Certified. 

• Like 2

Speaking of IronMind, no one posted the link to the writeup, as well as a slightly shorter video:

https://www.ironmind.com/news/Slghi-Choi-Certifies-on-the-Captains-of-Crush-No.-3.5-Gripper/

Actually, it is very cool to watch the close. He was punching the sucker multiple times until they touched, and touched twice by my count. Even the biggest grip nuts don't make these things a "majestic battle", but it was as good as watching a movie action hero get the bad guy. :) 

I credit Randy with allowing it. Nowhere in the rules does it say "Must be touching for 1.5 seconds", and everyone can see that they did in fact touch, even if it was for a short burst (or two short bursts). 

If I was a judge in person, I am not sure I would have given it a White Light, because it happened so fast. You don't have the benefit of replaying the video. 

I think it was all good, fair, etc. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Speaking of IronMind, no one posted the link to the writeup:

https://www.ironmind.com/news/Slghi-Choi-Certifies-on-the-Captains-of-Crush-No.-3.5-Gripper/

Actually, it is very cool to watch the close. He was punching the sucker multiple times until they touched, and touched twice by my count. Even the biggest grip nuts don't make these things a "majestic battle", but it was as good as watching a movie action hero get the bad guy. :) 

I credit Randy with allowing it. Nowhere in the rules does it say "Must be touching for 1.5 seconds", and everyone can see that they did in fact touch, even if it was for a short burst (or two short bursts). 

If I was a judge in person, I am not sure I would have given it a White Light, because it happened so fast. You don't have the benefit of replaying the video. 

I think it was all good, fair, etc. 

Congrats! Strong close 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John McCarter said:

If you have to do long distance drive to meet your referee, then yes. You can take advantage from this video certification.

Edited by Morgan
  • Like 2

Congratulations Morgan!

12 hours ago, John McCarter said:

Yes I was thinking the same. We all know Morgan and what he is capable. But the video shooting rules must be tough or tougher than MMG cert. I mean if they use a special gripper and that should be shipped back to check is much better. Few fake people will attempt it now.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, John McCarter said:

49 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Congratulations Morgan!

Yes I was thinking the same. We all know Morgan and what he is capable. But the video shooting rules must be tough or tougher than MMG cert. I mean if they use a special gripper and that should be shipped back to check is much better. Few fake people will attempt it now.

Well, it's pritty hard to fake when you have to show opening both the postpackage and then also the gripperpackage, showing the handle of the gripper and doing all this without the gripper going out of frame.

I hope this opens up for more certs! :D

• Like 2