Khaled almost no set a CoC 3.5 and 107.1 KG RT lift

Alawadhi

So today after work I took Khaled for his first MMA training and Brazilian Jujitsu which lasted 2.5 hours. We then went to my place and I trained him in grip. He (when we met me at my office) curled 20KG plate. Not as quite strict or like my crazy thick olympic size 45 pounds plate. But got it. He then should pressed up to 100 kg. Nothing serious. Then he easily closed my CoC 2.5 then easy 3 then average 3 all no set. Then almost no set my CoC 3.5. Crazy strong as he is finding his sweet spot now. All thanks to Jonas from Sweden @Griparn for sending him a couple of grippers to train. I showed him few times where to place and he was practicing at his home. He then got air under 70+ KG on a 3.5" FBBC crusher and one lift on 3.25" FBBC crusher (he repped the same weight using 3" crusher). Then came the IronMind RT. Did 95.8 KG and then 107.1 KG. Looked good for more. He of course repped the 98KG inch before the crusher and the RT. He finished with few fatman 100 blob curls. More videos on my channel.

There is the double fatman curls attempts too! Enjoy.

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

So today after work I took Khaled for his first MMA training and Brazilian Jujitsu which lasted 2.5 hours. We then went to my place and I trained him in grip. He (when we met me at my office) curled 20KG plate. Not as quite strict or like my crazy thick olympic size 45 pounds plate. But got it. He then should pressed up to 100 kg. Nothing serious. Then he easily closed my CoC 2.5 then easy 3 then average 3 all no set. Then almost no set my CoC 3.5. Crazy strong as he is finding his sweet spot now. All thanks to Jonas from Sweden @Griparn for sending him a couple of grippers to train. I showed him few times where to place and he was practicing at his home. He then got air under 70+ KG on a 3.5" FBBC crusher and one lift on 3.25" FBBC crusher (he repped the same weight using 3" crusher). Then came the IronMind RT. Did 95.8 KG and then 107.1 KG. Looked good for more. He of course repped the 98KG inch before the crusher and the RT. He finished with few fatman 100 blob curls. More videos on my channel.

There is the double fatman curls attempts too! Enjoy.

BEASTMODE!

• Like 3

In any case even if he is an incredible genetic freak what he does as manual work is super efficient, it has already been said but his muscular development is especially enormous in the hands, forearms and biceps ... grip strength areas.

• Like 3

Insane strength!! Id say with dedicated training he could certify on the 3.5 pretty quickly

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lennix said:

What does his forearm and wrist measure?

And how tall? His wrists look THICK and hands thick too.

WOW is all I have to say on what he's doing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Maiche 25 said:

In any case even if he is an incredible genetic freak what he does as manual work is super efficient, it has already been said but his muscular development is especially enormous in the hands, forearms and biceps ... grip strength areas.

For sure. He sent me a video few days back lifting a big engine by holding its wires. Looked heavy so I asked how much it weights, he said around 160 KG. I am not sure if he is right. But the engine easily looked 100 KG or more.

1 hour ago, Lennix said:

What does his forearm and wrist measure?

I did not measure his forearms. Will do it next time. I don't really remember the wrist but he is like mine. Around 8.1 inches. I noted it in my first topic gere meeting him.

1 hour ago, Wannagrip said:

And how tall? His wrists look THICK and hands thick too.

WOW is all I have to say on what he's doing.

Will take his exact height next time. Anywhere between 5'11" to 6'1" though

• Like 2

Yes it must be true, a 1000 cc engine already exceeds 100 kilos so a big engine for sure ... When I registered here I was convinced that it would be super talented guys working in garages or in any case with heavy machines which would be the best and with a few exceptions it is true. Dave Morton, Jonathan Vogt, Khaled all fit this description, I can't wait to see Khaled's evolution as he start at the near top, will probably get to the top of what has existed too but will overtake it? Indeed, I note that the margin of progress of the top guys is much lower than the others, we could expect that a guy who closes a coc 3.5 CCS in one year closes a weak coc 4 CCS one day, yet we never have seen that again unless I'm mistaken.The guys who did that (Nathan Holle and David Shamey) needed a lot more time and weren't as strong as Khaled at the start.I very much wish Khaled to reach the end of his potential!

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

Where they are working are most likely just a coincidence. These guys could have worked with house cleaning and would be just as strong. 

It is possible but the average joe can goes from rgc 80 MMS to 150 MMS while having no physical job and background in grip. Proportionally if we consider that Khaled is not trained either beforehand and well he should close CCS at least one COC 4 with 240 of RGC, maybe he will do it but none of the top guys of the past have even approach that level and yet they had about the same strength as him at the base.

25 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I sort of get what you are getting at. Basically that just because their starting point may be higher, their ceiling may not necessarily be that much higher in relation to their starting point. Khaled here already have heavily muscled forearms, perhaps they already are near their potential in size and the question comes down to how much he can improve recruitment and firing rate from there.

I agree, except that I think the reason his muscles are so developed in the grip areas is that he's super talented and his work requires a lot of grip. I strongly believe that when you're super good you don't react to training at all like a normal person. If he was totally homogeneously muscled in the upper body I would be less inclined to think that his workout is not very efficient to build up his incredible strength, I could consider that he is muscled without doing anything at all and therefore impossible to say if there is indirect training or not.

Very strong but please that #3.5 attempt was not anywhere near a no set. He clearly set the gripper by bracing the handle with his thumb.

Edited by Mikael Siversson
  • Like 1

Very nice and clean lifts with that 98 kg dumbbell. Not sure why you call it an Inch dumbbell though. Pretty sure an Inch replica weighs 78k or thereabouts. To me its a 98k dumbbell with, I presume, the same handle dimensions as the Inch dumbbell.

34 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Very strong but please that #3.5 attempt was not anywhere near a no set. He clearly set the gripper by bracing the handle with his thumb.

I will assume these are legit vids with legit grippers, and if so, wow, that is serious power.  Not a "no-set," but a very wide set, and almost surely CCS wide.  This with no chalk.  And remember, with COC cert, there is no rule that you cannot get a good deep set first to get your handle on it, and then open up to slide the card.  If this guy were to have chalked up, MMS set it, opened up and slid a credit card, and then closed, he'd have had it right then.  I am confident that if he learns to set and uses chalk, he can cert the 3.5 any day.  I would not be surprised if he could MMS quite a bit more, like high MM ladder stuff.  I do agree that you can't argue proportionally that someone can go from 80 to 150, so he can go from 150 to 240ish.  Things do not translate proportionally that way, just like a guy who is double your weight can't be expected to double your lifts.  But I do suspect that he could go much higher with good technique and some dedicated training.  Again, wow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Very nice and clean lifts with that 98 kg dumbbell. Not sure why you call it an Inch dumbbell though. Pretty sure an Inch replica weighs 78k or thereabouts. To me its a 98k dumbbell with, I presume, the same handle dimensions as the Inch dumbbell.

He’s communicating what it is in a way that the target audience understands. When he says it’s an inch dB at a given weight he implies it is the similar handle dimensions. Why so hard to understand? 

Bader please continue to share these videos- this man is truly one of a kind in his grip strength. I look forward to a day I can lift with him 👍👍👍👍💪💪💪💪

• Like 7

Omg those gripper closes :ohmy They looked effortless! Very impressive. I hope he trains up past the 3.5. 

His hands are so damn big. 

Great videos. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

He’s communicating what it is in a way that the target audience understands. When he says it’s an inch dB at a given weight he implies it is the similar handle dimensions. Why so hard to understand? 

He understands. 

What is a descriptive word or phrase that describes a dumbbell that is all one piece, round bells on the end with a thick handle? Thick handled Inch-like dumbbell? There must be a good description for that?

it appears to me that Bader has one of the world’s collection of such contraptions. Bader Bells?

1 hour ago, Hubgeezer said:

He understands. 

What is a descriptive word or phrase that describes a dumbbell that is all one piece, round bells on the end with a thick handle? Thick handled Inch-like dumbbell? There must be a good description for that?

it appears to me that Bader has one of the world’s collection of such contraptions. Bader Bells?

Okay, I have it.

From here on, I am referring said dumbbells as:

Rotational Kinetic Energy Bells, or RKE Bells

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Bader please continue to share these videos- this man is truly one of a kind in his grip strength. I look forward to a day I can lift with him 👍👍👍👍💪💪💪💪

Oh no he understands well. But it seems he cannot sleep well at night if he doesn't criticize something. 

More videos to come. And I hope one day you two can train together to together lift the 98 KG Inch!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Oh no he understands well. But it seems he cannot sleep well at night if he doesn't criticize something. 

More videos to come. And I hope one day you two can train together to together lift the 98 KG Inch!

You used to be pretty accurate in your description of feats. I make no distinction between world class grip feats and mediocre ones when it comes to my criticism of the description of them by whoever posts these videos. By and and large not much has changed on the GB over the years; feelings rules fact😄.

• Like 1

I’m particularly impressed by his performance on grippers! Sure, the thickbar and pinch is absolutely world class, but that is perhaps to be expected from a strong individual with such large hands. For the grippers however, the size of his hands is more likely to be a hinderance than an advantage. Absolutely crazy strong dude!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

I’m particularly impressed by his performance on grippers! Sure, the thickbar and pinch is absolutely world class, but that is perhaps to be expected from a strong individual with such large hands. For the grippers however, the size of his hands is more likely to be a hinderance than an advantage. Absolutely crazy strong dude!

Exactly my thought. 

• Like 1