New Rogue Deep Dish Plates

Climber028

deep-dish-plates-web6.jpg

Is anyone else excited about these new production deep dish plates? Could see a lot more feats go down with easy access depending on how they feel compared to the originals. 

They were added to the site but seemed to be instantly put of stock so they might be trying to gauge interest to scale production. 

Definitely, first USA made iron plates in decades. Deep dish is a bonus. At 1.97" they're thicker than most DD plates (Billard, Schisler, Hampton), but still a hair thinner than the Yorks.

What do you mean by "compared to the originals"?

Rogue added the product page, but haven't started selling their inventory yet. It seems they introduce a lot of their new products this way.

1 hour ago, DAVE101 said:

What do you mean by "compared to the originals"?

I think there's people who are capable of doing hard feats with deep dish plates but don't have access, and these would be much easier to get. My concern would be if there's some properties to these plates that make pinching and hubbing either harder or easier, and I guess we won't know until someone compares them. 

35 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I think there's people who are capable of doing hard feats with deep dish plates but don't have access, and these would be much easier to get. My concern would be if there's some properties to these plates that make pinching and hubbing either harder or easier, and I guess we won't know until someone compares them. 

All right, let me be more specific: what do you mean by "originals"? Rogue has not made deep dish plates before unless you're talking about the Arnold Strongman Classic plates.

York plates, didn't realize I never said that in the first post my bad.