Khaled Jashell repping the Millennium strict and his grip marathon

Alawadhi

I have no experience with these dumbbell lifts and was just legitimately curious what constitutes “reps.”

Thank you for the replies so far, this is interesting. 

I get that nothing “official” was going on, and agree the video stands on its own as a well-documented account of the feat. 🤗  He manhandled a world class lift!

5 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

In this case the word 'repping' was used to emphasize the feat but the video did not quite back up what I am sure many of us envisioned. I certainly did not envision him just stand there for a while with his hand no where near the dumbbell. Let's make it clear that we are discussing Alawadhi's description of the feat and not the lifter himself who can lift a dumbbell anyway he likes. Likewise no one is disputing the huge level of thickbar strength on display.

I wouldn't call Laine's 'repping' very strict either btw but I don't think he put any label on his lifting. 

You can actually rep a dumbbell the way you do deadlifts (not bouncing style) and maintain contact with the bar/dumbbell and pause for a split second  after returning the bar/dumbbell to the floor.

As soon as you extend the pause for seconds (and drop the bar/dumbbell at lockout) you are making the 'repping' easier.

This should be enough to trigger some of you.🙂

Won’t trigger me. Mikael is just being Mikael, and he keeps many of us honest that way. If not for him, we might still be never weighing barbell plates. 

5 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

In this case the word 'repping' was used to emphasize the feat but the video did not quite back up what I am sure many of us envisioned. I certainly did not envision him just stand there for a while with his hand no where near the dumbbell. Let's make it clear that we are discussing Alawadhi's description of the feat and not the lifter himself who can lift a dumbbell anyway he likes. Likewise no one is disputing the huge level of thickbar strength on display.

I wouldn't call Laine's 'repping' very strict either btw but I don't think he put any label on his lifting. 

You can actually rep a dumbbell the way you do deadlifts (not bouncing style) and maintain contact with the bar/dumbbell and pause for a split second  after returning the bar/dumbbell to the floor.

As soon as you extend the pause for seconds (and drop the bar/dumbbell at lockout) you are making the 'repping' easier.

This should be enough to trigger some of you.🙂

No trigger at all. Facts are facts.

- Mikael is Mikael. He never changed.

- He has his own definition of a reps.

- He doesn't give his congrats when a WC lift is made

- He loves strict lifts and is a purest.

_ He loves to maintain honesty.

- He hates frauds which is what I like about him.

Mikael, what you say is true. It does make it slightly easier for sure. Easier not easy. But the bigger the weight the harder things get. Much harder. We are talking about the Millennium here. Try repping more than a baby Inch and you will get what I mean.

Khaled did what the video is shown and my documentation is clear. Next time, I will make him do two strict reps as what you described. I expect your congrats by then ;) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, acromegaman said:

I wonder how he'd do with bending? 🤔

Never thought of it to be honest. I will ask him but I need to find my FBBC steel.

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 2

On 9/28/2020 at 10:03 PM, Alawadhi said:

Never thought of it to be honest. I will ask him but I need to find my FBBC steel.

I dont care about his bending, don't think his large hands will give him a big advantage there, also it is very technical. 

But I could imagine that he could plate curl quite a bit with his giant Hands giving him a great leverage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

I dont care about his bending, don't think his large hands will give him a big advantage there, also it is very technical. 

But I could imagine that he could plate curl quite a bit with his giant Hands giving him a great leverage. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

I agree. I would be interested to see what he can do on the crusher handles. All sizes. WR on the crusher seems like a possibility and it can be done anytime, you don't have to go to a competition.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

That's okay, but it would be nice to see if his elite power translates to other areas of grip. He may be able to bend a MOAB with no technique, or he may be stuck on a 60d. One will never know until he tries. 

22 hours ago, acromegaman said:

That's okay, but it would be nice to see if his elite power translates to other areas of grip. He may be able to bend a MOAB with no technique, or he may be stuck on a 60d. One will never know until he tries. 

Reason for my comment was, that I don't expect him to bend anything significant without proper technique. I honestly expected also a better performance with the plate curls, but ok... Nobody is great at everything. Thickbar is his thing I hope he sticks with it and tries to fulfill his potential. He just started…. and is already on the top!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Reason for my comment was, that I don't expect him to bend anything significant without proper technique. I honestly expected also a better performance with the plate curls, but ok... Nobody is great at everything. Thickbar is his thing I hope he sticks with it and tries to fulfill his potential. He just started…. and is already on the top!

It's is very exiting to see someone with such potential. I honestly didn't think he would get that much better that quick. When he first lifted the 98 kg bell I thought he could lift the MDB but not in such a dominant manner so quick. It's great to see that he's also interested to train more. Some people who are genetically gifted don't care that much, if anything at all.

He's clearly not super strong in his whole body yet either, so there's much untapped potential still. I think he could easily set many world records if he really decides to do so.

• Like 3

Truly awesome every time I see his videos. However, one thing has not been addressed by anyone here yet. And that is PLEASE FIND THIS MAN'S BROTHER!!!!! He says his brother is bigger and stronger I would have to see it to believe it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

Truly awesome every time I see his videos. However, one thing has not been addressed by anyone here yet. And that is PLEASE FIND THIS MAN'S BROTHER!!!!! He says his brother is bigger and stronger I would have to see it to believe it.

Couldn't agree more. I  was thinking the same thing. I hope Bader invites him to his gym one day if it's possible.

His brother is in Cameroon unfortunately. And Jonas is can only make it for the two hours which I can't. The rest 22 hours he cannot. I think he is shy but no one will force him if he doesn't want to come.

12 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

He's clearly not super strong in his whole body yet either, so there's much untapped potential still. I think he could easily set many world records if he really decides to do so.

In thick bar lifting definitely but perhaps not the axle as that requires good deadlift strength as well. However just because he is fantastic at thick bar lifting does not automatically mean that he would crush it in other grip stuff. Doesn't work that way. At 83 kg bodyweight (and at 74 kg as well for that matter) I can beat almost anyone no matter their body size/hand size at wide one hand plate pinch lifting (lifted 4x10 kg quite easily first time I ever tried it) but that certainly does not mean that I am world class at anything else grip related, to give an example.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

In thick bar lifting definitely but perhaps not the axle as that requires good deadlift strength as well. However just because he is fantastic at thick bar lifting does not automatically mean that he would crush it in other grip stuff. Doesn't work that way. At 83 kg bodyweight (and at 74 kg as well for that matter) I can beat almost anyone no matter their body size/hand size at wide one hand plate pinch lifting (lifted 4x10 kg quite easily first time I ever tried it) but that certainly does not mean that I am world class at anything else grip related, to give an example.

I never said he would set WR in all disciplines. 

On 9/30/2020 at 10:23 AM, Florian Kellersmann said:

On 9/30/2020 at 11:39 AM, Lennix said:

My 45 is olympic size. Very hard. He came to my office and did the 20kg on a different disk 

• Like 2

Very Nice!

I’m loving all the videos apart from the plate curls😅. Right now he’s lifting with his wrist bent back and so the reps don’t “count”. However he is repping the 20 kg relatively easy so I’m sure he could do it with a straight wrist if you just instruct him to keep his wrist straight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

I’m loving all the videos apart from the plate curls😅. Right now he’s lifting with his wrist bent back and so the reps don’t “count”. However he is repping the 20 kg relatively easy so I’m sure he could do it with a straight wrist if you just instruct him to keep his wrist straight.

Yep true. Will gonna instruct him next time for sure.

• Like 1