Khaled Jashell repping the Millennium strict and his grip marathon

Alawadhi

I haven't seen anyone repping the Millennium strict @Mywor yeah or I got it wrong again? . Carl did a single and now Khaled did for easy 3. Wow. This was done on Friday September the 25th 2020. Two days ago. He did little bench, deadlifts and should press prior to grip. He then warmed up by lifting the 172 pounds Inch. Then comes the Millennium for reps. Notice the controlled lowering. He attempted Millennium trainer for reps, same but with added 20 pounds. CoC 2.5 closes for reps. Inch plus blob curl for reps. 20 sledge hammer lever. 2 hand pinch. TTK. Fatman for reps and two fingers. Smaller inch cleans and so on. More video on my channel.

• Like 14

Haha no you're right about no one rep ping the Millenium strict 😅

Are you holding KK there and if so is he joining you? 

12 minutes ago, Mywor said:

Haha no you're right about no one rep ping the Millenium strict 😅

Are you holding KK there and if so is he joining you? 

Good to know I didn't forget anyone this time!

Unfortunately not. Most "grip" people here are so brainwashed by media about how "dangerous" Corona can be. It will be boring if it's only me and Khaled. Plus, I don't have the ball implement.

Edit: On a side note since you cleaned the Inch, you are the right person to ask. Is him doing reps on the smaller inches a good way? Or just getting overall stronger because grip is there?

Edited by Alawadhi

2 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Good to know I didn't forget anyone this time!

Unfortunately not. Most "grip" people here are so brainwashed by media about how "dangerous" Corona can be. It will be boring if it's only me and Khaled. Plus, I don't have the ball implement.

Edit: On a side note since you cleaned the Inch, you are the right person to ask. Is him doing reps on the smaller inches a good way? Or just getting overall stronger because grip is there?

Atleast for me working on lighter inches helped, and just being able to warm up with lighter ones was big for for. Same goes to any feat with the inch dumbbells (air transfer, thumbless, lapping and benching two). But of course many have done these feats without any work on lighter inches. 

For him it's definitely just an issue of overall body strength so working on high pulls and clean with normal dumbbells/barbell would help. 

• Like 1

He needs to be more explosive when cleaning, it's all about speed. You have to teach him that and he will clean the inch fairly quick I think. Also he can use a belt if core strength is a problem that should also help a bit.

• Like 1

Amazing stuff! Do you own the Snookenstein DB, Bader?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

He needs to be more explosive when cleaning, it's all about speed. You have to teach him that and he will clean the inch fairly quick I think. Also he can use a belt if core strength is a problem that should also help a bit.

Thanks for the advice. Will teach him that and what Mywor said on lighter inches and normal bells. I asked him to wear a belt but he refused as he wants to do it with zero assistant. 

1 hour ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Amazing stuff! Do you own the Snookenstein DB, Bader?

No. Laine owns it as of now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

No #2.5 video :(

Good stuff though 

That, hub, bench, deadlifts, military press, TTK and few others weren't videoed. World class stuff.

3 hours ago, Cannon said:

Would those be reps?  Or singles. Either way it’s amazing, they just don’t seem like reps. 

Technically that wasn't repping but singles with a short pause between each single. It's almost as if people have forgotten what repping means as I have seen plenty of examples from others doing similar multiple singles and calling it repping. In any case amazing thickbar strength so this is simply a discussion of terminology.

6 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Technically that wasn't repping but singles with a short pause between each single. It's almost as if people have forgotten what repping means as I have seen plenty of examples from others doing similar multiple singles and calling it repping. In any case amazing thickbar strength so this is simply a discussion of terminology.

They were reps. How are you supposed to do reps on deadlift without putting the object down? It's not like rowing.

When Odd set the WR with the inch he was also resting. That's inevitable when you do deadlifts for reps. Doesn't make it something else.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

They were reps. How are you supposed to do reps on deadlift without putting the object down? It's not like rowing.

When Odd set the WR with the inch he was also resting. That's inevitable when you do deadlifts for reps. Doesn't make it something else.

When you complete a lift and then just stand there relaxing a bit before you lift it again many would argue that you are doing multiple singles. What's your definition of multiple singles then? Its like doing a benchpress, putting the bar back on the rack for a while and then lift it again and call it repping.

4 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Semantics. 

I would agree with Mikael though, touch and go would equal reps for me. As soon as you let go of the implement it isn't reps anymore, especially here as the grip is the main thing of interest. You could call it rest pause reps or a cluster set or something though. 

Touch and go deadlifts aren't real deadlifts, there's always a chance for a bounce in that case.

To call this "multiple singles" would be to undermine the achievemnt in my opinion. He did all the reps within a reasonable short period of time.

"Cluster set" don't tell me anything and who would name a something like that unless it's written in a training log :laugh

Same goes for "rest paus reps", this is technically true but that doesn't make the terminology wrong by calling it reps.

Say it's singles implies that it's singles lifts done with several minutes of rest in between. Different sets.

Also, why does it matter at all. The video is there and everybody can see clearly whats going on. 

For lifts where there's no constant time under tension, you can always debate what should be considered reps but it really doesn't matter if there's a clear video of it. The only way you can establish a standard for lifts like that is to put a time limit on it.

Deadlift = Not a constand tension lift.
Bench press = Constant tension lift.
TNS grippers = Not constant tension.
20 mm block set grippers = Constant tension.

They are different things and should be judged differently.

2 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Cluster set is a well established term. 

This is purely a matter of opinion here, and I don't agree with you. A distinction should be made.

No one in their right mind would put a term like that in a video like this. In a training log sure. That's a different thing.

I often use the term "Reps with regrip" in my log to be able to know exactly what I did if it was TNG or not.  

• Like 2

When im repping my blob or inch trainer, sometimes my grip slips a little bit, and i take a quick 3-5s to reset my grip and go again, these are reps by my count. To compare it to a squat or bench (where grip is not a limiting factor) you would liken it to taking a pause at the top (full extension) of the lift to get a breath or two before going for another rep.

Also in the context of TNG deadlifts, most people use the bounce at the bottom to get a little assist in the lift, and most do not consider them to be full reps. That why its called DEADlift, they are by definition supposed to be done from a complete stop.

And on the terminology, I would argue that a rep without any breaks or small pauses is called an "unbroken rep" where the object is in constant movement and literally no pauses are being taken.

Edited by bruce1337
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Cannon said:

Would those be reps?  Or singles. Either way it’s amazing, they just don’t seem like reps. 

Singles you need more time to rest. Look at it like paused reps. Or reps with regrip. Odd did his Inch marathon like this. Called it reps. Anyway the video is 100% clear with no doubt at all for anyone (even his failed Inch clean is there). You can see what is going on and call it whatever you like. Now for people to mimic it. Laine did his 8 reps WR like this too.

12 hours ago, Cannon said:

This guy is built for grip. Holy cow. Great vids. 

Yep and he is NEW. On his first day he lifted the 98 KG Inch. I assume if he just warmed up and went to the Millennium he would have done it too.

3 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

How big is this guy!?  Wow.

I had his stats in my first topic a month back here. Full stats but from what I remember around 115 KG. anywhere from 5'11 to 6'1. He doesn't train just mechanical work. Ok he started to train with me recently a month or so ago, but that's it.

Edited by Alawadhi

20 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Singles you need more time to rest. Look at it like paused reps. Or reps with regrip. Odd did his Inch marathon like this. Called it reps. Anyway the video is 100% clear with no doubt at all for anyone (even his failed Inch clean is there). You can see what is going on and call it whatever you like. Now for people to mimic it. Laine did his 8 reps WR like this too.

They are just debating about the semantics weather or not to call it reps or not. It doesn't matter at all. Rep's is fine! 

• Like 1

In this case the word 'repping' was used to emphasize the feat but the video did not quite back up what I am sure many of us envisioned. I certainly did not envision him just stand there for a while with his hand no where near the dumbbell. Let's make it clear that we are discussing Alawadhi's description of the feat and not the lifter himself who can lift a dumbbell anyway he likes. Likewise no one is disputing the huge level of thickbar strength on display.

I wouldn't call Laine's 'repping' very strict either btw but I don't think he put any label on his lifting. 

You can actually rep a dumbbell the way you do deadlifts (not bouncing style) and maintain contact with the bar/dumbbell and pause for a split second  after returning the bar/dumbbell to the floor.

As soon as you extend the pause for seconds (and drop the bar/dumbbell at lockout) you are making the 'repping' easier.

This should be enough to trigger some of you.🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikael Siversson said:

In this case the word 'repping' was used to emphasize the feat but the video did not quite back up what I am sure many of us envisioned. I certainly did not envision him just stand there for a while with his hand no where near the dumbbell. Let's make it clear that we are discussing Alawadhi's description of the feat and not the lifter himself who can lift a dumbbell anyway he likes. Likewise no one is disputing the huge level of thickbar strength on display.

I wouldn't call Laine's 'repping' very strict either btw but I don't think he put any label on his lifting. 

You can actually rep a dumbbell the way you do deadlifts (not bouncing style) and maintain contact with the bar/dumbbell and pause for a split second  after returning the bar/dumbbell to the floor.

As soon as you extend the pause for seconds (and drop the bar/dumbbell at lockout) you are making the 'repping' easier.

This should be enough to trigger some of you.🙂

I really don't see anything wrong with the labeling as there is a video to back it up. I can understand there could be a problem if there was no video. Then you need to be more careful with semantics. This isn't the case here and it never will be either since you need video for feats like this on the gripboard.

• Like 1

Does anyone know anyone who can build custom dumbbells like the inch and millennium dumbbells?