My first real COC 4 attempts

Panoskal

11 hours ago, Panoskal said:

So, these are my proper closes with my COC 4!https://youtu.be/IKeR0G11dOU

Nice bro (y) 

• Like 1

Those are strong attempts!  So much movement to get on a #4. 

(Video tip, you don’t want light behind your hand. The light should be coming from behind the camera. Otherwise detail gets washed out and the camera has trouble focusing during the video. So if that was a window or something, turn the other way.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cannon said:

(Video tip, you don’t want light behind your hand. The light should be coming from behind the camera. Otherwise detail gets washed out and the camera has trouble focusing during the video. So if that was a window or something, turn the other way.)

Thank you so much! I'll try to fix the light problem, thanks for the tip! 💪💪

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 6:44 AM, Panoskal said:

So, these are my proper closes with my COC 4!https://youtu.be/IKeR0G11dOU

Thank you for sending this to me by messenger also, it has been fun to check in periodically and see your progress.  We are both relative newbies here and you in particular have made stunning advances in record time.  Will you be climbing the MM ladder?  Seems like you'd get pretty far on that!

Just now, Vinnie said:

Thank you for sending this to me by messenger also, it has been fun to check in periodically and see your progress.  We are both relative newbies here and you in particular have made stunning advances in record time.  Will you be climbing the MM ladder?  Seems like you'd get pretty far on that!

Thank you! I don't know if I can make it to the MM ladder! I don't know the exact parameters, I'll search for it and maybe I'll see if I'm interested in doing it! For now I'm expecting a new #4 harder to try to close it too! 

2 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Do you do any wide sets aswell or only mms/deep sets? 

On another note, I actually really liked the country song I think it was that you put out on your Instagram, takes tremendous balls to do that. 

No, I'm not doing wide sets, maybe some times with the lighter ones! I'm doing deep sets! 

Thanks for the comment on the song! 

22 hours ago, Cannon said:

Good tip! Maybe this topic should be shifted to the Gripboard to gain more audience? That is the correct forum anyway for gripper videos.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Panoskal said:

Thank you! I don't know if I can make it to the MM ladder! I don't know the exact parameters, I'll search for it and maybe I'll see if I'm interested in doing it! For now I'm expecting a new #4 harder to try to close it too! 

Look at the Mashmonster threads - there are some rules posted that you should find and read, but basically, the first step is to close a COC 3 on video and submit the video for judging, and if approved, you are certified as Mashmonster 0 ("MM0").  Then once you have gotten that certification, you are permitted to sign up for MM1 through 10 (in order, so you have to start with MM1).  Those grippers are one set of 10 grippers that get sent around the world one person at a time, to certify by making a video of your attempts to close them.  Only two people have ever gotten to 8, and one of them is soon to attempt 9 (Stephen Anderson).  

I'm not suggesting that you should or should not do it, but it is one way for people to compare their gripper closes with a standard, because it is actually one single set of grippers and all the people used that same gripper, so if you closed MM1, you closed the same exact gripper as the next guy who closed it.  Nothing to second-guess.  People have closed that same gripper before you and will do so after you, and the gripper is what it is.  You can also go to a competition and get on the board that way, using the implement everyone else at the competition uses.

None of this is important outside our sport, it is just a way to participate and showcase what you can do on that one implement.  I'm not going to go much farther (if any farther) than where I recently got with it (MM2), but I feel like I claimed my little piece of glory and got on the books in a sport I like, and it was fun and rewarding how it made me feel.  It doesn't matter whether other people believe you, but if you post a vid of yourself closing a gripper and people say they think it looks fake, but then they see you also closed MM4 or something, they will be like, oh, well that's in the same ballpark, so I'm not so suspicious.  But as you have said above, you don't owe it to anyone to prove anything.  That's just a way to demonstrate it if you decide you want to.  No big.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Look at the Mashmonster threads - there are some rules posted that you should find and read, but basically, the first step is to close a COC 3 on video and submit the video for judging, and if approved, you are certified as Mashmonster 0 ("MM0").  Then once you have gotten that certification, you are permitted to sign up for MM1 through 10 (in order, so you have to start with MM1).  Those grippers are one set of 10 grippers that get sent around the world one person at a time, to certify by making a video of your attempts to close them.  Only two people have ever gotten to 8, and one of them is soon to attempt 9 (Stephen Anderson).  

I'm not suggesting that you should or should not do it, but it is one way for people to compare their gripper closes with a standard, because it is actually one single set of grippers and all the people used that same gripper, so if you closed MM1, you closed the same exact gripper as the next guy who closed it.  Nothing to second-guess.  People have closed that same gripper before you and will do so after you, and the gripper is what it is.  You can also go to a competition and get on the board that way, using the implement everyone else at the competition uses.

None of this is important outside our sport, it is just a way to participate and showcase what you can do on that one implement.  I'm not going to go much farther (if any farther) than where I recently got with it (MM2), but I feel like I claimed my little piece of glory and got on the books in a sport I like, and it was fun and rewarding how it made me feel.  It doesn't matter whether other people believe you, but if you post a vid of yourself closing a gripper and people say they think it looks fake, but then they see you also closed MM4 or something, they will be like, oh, well that's in the same ballpark, so I'm not so suspicious.  But as you have said above, you don't owe it to anyone to prove anything.  That's just a way to demonstrate it if you decide you want to.  No big.

Thanks man! Thanks for the explanation! For now I want to enjoy closing these beasts of #4! I have a new one in order! But I'll seriously consider the mash monster leader board for myself! Again I don't want to prove anything to anyone! I'll keep on closing as far as it gets me to do! On March I went for my first comp in Dubai but due to pandemic I could not compete, but I did some, I think, decent lifts! Anyway, thank you again! 

• Like 2