What are the world records for grippers closes with RGC ?

Maiche 25

What are the world records for grippers closes with RGC for MMS, CCS, GHP block, 20 mm block, TNS and other forms of closes? I do not have the impression that this subject has been officially brought up when It has been unofficially everywhere which does not give it much visibility, whereas it is essential for everyone to find their place, to motivate themselves, to dream!😀
Personally I have the impression that officially the MMS record is around 230 RGC (Nathan Holle on instagram) and CCS in the 190 RGC (David Shamey), TNS in the 170 RGC (Morgan) ,what is your opinion?

Edited by Maiche 25
  • Like 2

Yes it is a big concern since there are only very few "official" performances in the discipline. Let's say that the performances in competition and the records of athletes whose credibility is very important and indicating precise RGC values are interesting if not indisputable.🙂

35 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Depending on how you define 'officially' I think Andrew durniat could have the highest mms/20mm block close. 212 I think? 

It was 206

• Like 1

Carl Myerscough did a double with a GHP 9 and 1.5” block that was 216 lb that’s the best anyone had done - it’s on Wades list he did it earlier this year 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

Carl Myerscough did a double with a GHP 9 and 1.5” block that was 216 lb that’s the best anyone had done - it’s on Wades list he did it earlier this year 

That is sick!  I guess he's not interested in the MM ladder?  That sounds like MM9 range ...

-I think David Shamey said that David Horne world of grip forum has a list, but I don't know if it's full of Rgc numbers or how to even register there???

-The GHP Gripper Challenge list does not show Rgc much, yet they rank them🙄.  How is Carl Myerscough Rank#4 with Rgc 216 yet...  Ranks #2 and #3 are Rgc 200 ...and all  these places have same amount of reps?

-https://grippermania.ru/gripranking this is a start

- MM ladder does its own thing (which I respect) so I wont ask for Rgc 

-Ironmind's official CCS cert vids...no Rgc's mentioned much

-Have to dig deep through all comments or practically beg people for Rgc numbers.

-For the Rgc world, we need a list,  one that does not cost Big$$$ to apply, with big waiting time to enter, and lots of judges... when we can just use our own judge (metal block).  

Edited by Ryroza
  • Thanks 1

The only way for it to truly be fair no questions asked is everyone using the same gripper. While using a set block. Everything in full view on camera. There is way to many variables when everyone is using different rgc methods and like post have been made no two grippers are the same. Just my opinion..

• Like 5

To me the MM ladder is the best certification process cause we all use the same gripper. We don’t know the RGC numbers but we have estimates 

• Like 4

Cannon probably rates the most in the world ,I hope they get their own official group of rated grippers to send out there (prob stick to COC, since it's the most common).

since we are sending the current official grippers around the world, why not get the ppl who rate the most grippers to all rate them?!

The GM-150 challenge might be the only accessible (for everyone) and consistent way to measure numbers, but even then its not a tight close. what to do?..., everything right now seems like a belief style?

Edited by Ryroza
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ryroza said:

Cannon probably rates the most in the world ,I hope they get their own official group of rated grippers to send out there (prob stick to COC, since it's the most common).

since we are sending the current official grippers around the world, why not get the ppl who rate the most grippers to all rate them?!

The GM-150 challenge might be the only accessible (for everyone) and consistent way to measure numbers, but even then its not a tight close. what to do?..., everything right now seems like a belief style?

Thats all it is...

4 hours ago, Ryroza said:

The GHP Gripper Challenge list does not show Rgc much, yet they rank them🙄.  How is Carl Myerscough Rank#4 with Rgc 216 yet...  Ranks #2 and #3 are Rgc 200 ...and all  these places have same amount of reps?

There is no requirement for a rating. The cert is based on specs simply to authenticate an unaltered gripper. Then it’s in order of appearance for like feats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryroza said:

Not probably; Definitely. 🤗 We do have a set of competition grippers. Every 5 pounds from 55 to 220. Almost all COC with just a couple GHPs in there for numbers COC have never serviced. 

• Like 2

We’ve thought about keeping a list on our website. Just video submissions of people closing their own grippers. There wouldn’t have to be many rules...

Do people want that?

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Cannon said:

We’ve thought about keeping a list on our website. Just video submissions of people closing their own grippers. There wouldn’t have to be many rules...

Do people want that?

Has to be cpw rated

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cannon said:

Do people want that?

Definitely! 

8 hours ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Has to be cpw rated

^ this 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ryroza said:

GM-150 is a simple and accurate instrument. He gives a lot of motivation to everyone who works with him through the live and real digits on the display. it has only one drawback - the scales do not automatically record the maximum digits. But this can be easily solved using a special device, and not a standard one. I think it will be in the future. But the digits on the GM have little correlation with the closing grippers, especially if the person trains only with the grippers. With one dynamometery of 125-135 kg per GM, you can closing CoC-3 and light CoC-4. I have this device (GM-150) for more than six months and I tested more than 50 people on it. I will say that a greater correlation can be found in digits with four exercises for KK and dynamometry than with grippers. If a person trains KK four and I see his work, strengths and weaknesses, then I can predict his result on GM with an accuracy of 10kg, rarely more. At the same time, 120 kg of dynamometry can have a person who does not close CoC-2.5, and 110 kg in a person who has difficulty close CoC-1.5 ...

Edited by Ivan Pupchenko
  • Like 4