The Bumper

Cannon

26 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Check it out! Coming soon. 

• Haha 2

Wow that's such a cool idea, beats the heck out of a hose clamp for safety and damage prevention. 

5 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Wow that's such a cool idea, beats the heck out of a hose clamp for safety and damage prevention. 

If I understand this right is totally different. A clamp decrease the range of motion while keeping the resistance the same. I think this will keep the range of motion while increasing the resistance by adding friction 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

Edited by Chez

Just now, Chez said:

If I understand this right is totally different. A clamp decrease the range of motion while keeping the resistance the same. I think this will keep the range of motion while increasing the resistance by adding friction 

Correct, except not friction. 

When a spring moves, the inside of the coil deforms slightly. With The Bumper installed the deformation has to fight back against the rubber. Since the added resistance comes solely from the soft, natural rubber it’s impossible to harm the gripper. 🤗

We’re really excited to offer this. We feel it will be a huge addition to any gripper collection. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Correct, except not friction. 

When a spring moves, the inside of the coil deforms slightly. With The Bumper installed the deformation has to fight back against the rubber. Since the added resistance comes solely from the soft, natural rubber it’s impossible to harm the gripper. 🤗

We’re really excited to offer this. We feel it will be a huge addition to any gripper collection. 

This is a really great idea. Can’t wait to try it. Thanks for always pushing the envelope and improving the store!

• Like 3

This thing looks like something David Blaine would design - My feeble mind cannot comprehend how this works but I'm in - Will buy one.

Also pretty sure David Blaine could no set close a #4 or at least make us think he did🤔

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, eman said:

This thing looks like something David Blaine would design - My feeble mind cannot comprehend how this works but I'm in - Will buy one.

Also pretty sure David Blaine could no set close a #4 or at least make us think he did🤔

When you squeeze a gripper the diamater of the coil hole gets smaller. If you fill this hole with something that will add resistance and make the gripper harder. 

Edited by Climber028
Typo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

When you squeeze a gripper the diamater of the coil hole gets smaller. If you fill this hole with something that will add resistance and make the gripper harder. 

So Tightening the knob must expand the foam to add resistance. Kinda surprised no one has thought of this before? I don't see this taking the place of buying a "bridge the gap" gripper but it will certainly help when your stuck between a 5 pound increment.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chez said:

I'm old enough to remember when people were using hose clamps on the spring.  Yes, it would add resistance and make a gripper harder.  But at the cost of permanently damaging the spring.

2 minutes ago, bdckr said:

I'm old enough to remember when people were using hose clamps on the spring.  Yes, it would add resistance and make a gripper harder.  But at the cost of permanently damaging the spring.

Everyone always asks me about clamps and chokers and I don’t use them because I believe relying on them too much makes your set and sweep weak. I love that this new device makes the gripper harder while keeping the range of motion 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bdckr said:

Absolutely. I remember this too. Same idea as inserting an IRON pipe through the spring and forcing it shut. Both of these methods use something stronger than the spring PLUS force to damage the spring. This is where The Bumper is totally safe because the natural rubber cannot harm the spring. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

What is the products life expectancy (is that the right word?)? 

Great question! The rubber was the hardest part to get right and source. We tested it pretty extensively and failure is yet to be seen. It still functioned as new after thousands of reps. 

• Like 1

Finally had a chance to look at this.

This is freakin GENIUS!  Anyone who trains seriously with grippers should want one.  

Kudos Cannon Powerworks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Just as i thought. Sold out, any idea when you will getying more in stock matt? 

No mcalpine1986 it should be available tomorrow. But what time? Staying up longer today or getting up earlier here in Europe 😉

There is also i rated gripper i have an eye on..want to get both in one shippment 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Just as i thought. Sold out, any idea when you will getying more in stock matt? 

The product launches tomorrow 9/19. While we are expecting an initial rush, there should be plenty for everyone! 

• Like 3

Will it fit Tetting grippers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Will it fit Tetting grippers?

Yes, for sure.  We painstakingly sized this to fit like 90% of grippers.

Basically the only things I've found so far that it will not fit are like RB 240 because it won't go through the smaller spring coil. Similarly RB 210 because the spring coil is larger than normal. Silarukov does some similarly funky things with coil sizes.  It cannot be used on Zeniths. That's about it for anything that is common at all.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cannon said:

The product launches tomorrow 9/19. While we are expecting an initial rush, there should be plenty for everyone! 

Cool. Just it said sold out when i clicked on the link to the product page. I hope you have plenty in stock 🤣