Stephen Anderson - Level 8

Bill Piche

gallery_9552_18_411.jpg

The GripBoard Proudly Certifies:

Stephen Anderson

GripBoard Mash Monster Level 8

This certification is granted by The GripBoard as an independent third party with no ethical or commercial conflict of interest.

The Mash Monster Gripper is one of a limited number supplied and controlled by The GripBoard.

The gripper is closed with one hand under strict and uniformly ethical and authenticated conditions.

This momentous feat was demonstrated on video to assure it will be valid for posterity.

Official Mash Monster Video

Name: Stephen Anderson
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 300lbs
Date of Feat: September 11, 2020

Witness: N/A
How Long Grip Training:  14 Months
Current Grip Training Program:  None

Other Training Info: Shoutout to Team Texas for all the knowledge and friendship. Roy Golden ( training partner). Shoutout to (BMF) Mike Thomas for the great camaraderie and motivation.

image0.jpeg

Stephen Anderson, the 2nd man in the world to close the Mash Monster Gripper - Level 8

Could you tell us a little about your background in lifting?
 I was a collegiate football player. So traditional weightlifting has been my go-to. I played around with some strongman stuff.

How did you get into grip training?
Just saw an Armlifting comp at the Dallas Europa last June and signed up. Completely fell in love!

You are now a GripBoard Mash Monster, what would you recommend to those aspiring to close this gripper?
Don’t overtrain it! If you’re not having fun what's the point.

What does your current grip routine look like?
Honestly... whatever I’m feeling when I get into the garage.

How has your grip routine changed since you first started training your grip?
I’m still very new to the game. But I think I overtrained a lot. So really just dialling back and listening to my body.

What are your favorite grip exercises?
Right now probably anything pinch and grippers

What kind of starting routine would you recommend for a trainee new to grip training?
Focus on thick bar lifts and Saxon. Don’t go out and buy every new grip item out there! Stick to the basics.

Who do you most admire in gripdom?
Adam Glass. 100% percent!! He has taken me under his wing and is always there if I have a question! Truly a selfless competitor and I appreciate that. There are a lot of big names that do impressive lifts/feats. But I admire people who have big accomplishments and give me the time of day!

What are some of your personal bests in grip exercises?
The only personal best that I have right now is in grippers! I have MMS a 3.5 rated at 180 and my silver bullet with a #4 for 18.35sec.

Do you have any parting advice for readers?
If you haven’t yet, find a group of like-minded people to train with. It's great to have like-minded friends all working towards a common goal! GETTING STRONGER!!

• Like 3

Congrats, man!  But i think you have to update your personal best section, as it looks like you cut and paste this in from MM2 or so -- personal best MMS 180 my ass lol.  The MM8 is like 200!

• Haha 1

I am honored to have met you at the Dallas comp last year -- one of my favorite comps I've ever attended, and I hope to attend again once things are all opened up and ready to go.  Keep grippin'!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Congrats, man!  But i think you have to update your personal best section, as it looks like you cut and paste this in from MM2 or so -- personal best MMS 180 my ass lol.  The MM8 is like 200!

Thanks, ya i think they’ve just used the same one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I am honored to have met you at the Dallas comp last year -- one of my favorite comps I've ever attended, and I hope to attend again once things are all opened up and ready to go.  Keep grippin'!

Yes it was definitely a good time! Always is. Im ready for things to get back to normal 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Thanks, ya i think they’ve just used the same one.

When you are the first MM9 you should do a new one!  Go get it!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...