Sneaky Bender

Slippery Pete
7 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Fantastic bend with the 2x7mm nails!

I attempted it a couple times before and could not move it at all.

Thanks! Was a fun bend to do. Felt better to kink at that length then I expected.
You will get it soon :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slippery Pete

• bruce1337

• Donc101

• David_wigren

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey!  Name is Anton. Sweden is my homeland. Somewhat north. Soon to be thirty years old. Half tall, 83kg something. Not very strong. Decent at making steel deform. I'm trying to or

21/9 DO-Bending 7x160mm Spike 8x165mm HRS A2 bolt 6 inch cert attempt 180kg GBI-bar Finished this bar that I started last session. I bet was working on it for about 45 minutes. My hands

9/12 Today I did a bunch of one IMP bends. Started with 5.5mm nail, then went for 6 and 7mm. Then cert attempt on a 4.8bolt. Easy bend. BUT! Forgot my damn elbow sleeves so that didnt count, wh

Posted Images

Slippery Pete

Only fail bends today.

I tried an 150kg GBI bar in IMPs. Got like a 20 degree kink.
8x200mm CRS Hex in doubles. about 10 degree kink.
Red nail + 6mm nail in doubles. Nothing.
Reverse 4.8 bolt in single. Only a tiny kink.

• Like 2
Slippery Pete
Posted (edited)

I have ordered cordura, which will arrive this coming week. 
I will cut out pads that are a little bit longer then Ironmind pads, and work most of my bending with those pads from now on.

Bend in one of those will also bride that gap when trying bends that you can't yet do in one IMP.
I have no idea what dimensions Benders battlefield wraps has, but from my impression those might be similar to what I plan to make.

I also waiting for some GBI bars. With luck they will also show up this coming week. I really want to brace bend the 300kg bar I ordered.

Later today there will be bending.

Edited by Slippery Pete
  • Like 2
Slippery Pete

10/1

SX7 #2 - doubles
SX7 #2 - single pads
Meister D7 - doubles

Pull ups - palms facing face/shoulder width grip

Thoughts
That felt great! So happy about this session.
Months back I got three SX7 #2 from Jan, and I tried one of them and I could barely kink it. Got really disapoint.
Today I tried the other two and they was completed in about half a minute. The one I attempted a while back was a freak shoe.

After that I took a Meister shoe that I had failed a while back. Was stuck at about 100 degrees. Gave it two attempts but no movment. Wraped up a new one and got it done! 

I really need to work more to get my left golfers elbow better. My shoulders are fine but could also need some love.

Thinking about starting to bench. Have to start doing pull-ups a couple of times a week. Think that would help elbow and shoulders in my case.

• Like 1
Lennix

Lying triceps extensions behind the head is very good rehab for that elbow!

I know nothing about horse-shoes but looks like your progressing! Well done!

Slippery Pete
5 hours ago, Lennix said:

Lying triceps extensions behind the head is very good rehab for that elbow!

I know nothing about horse-shoes but looks like your progressing! Well done!

That was my favorite triceps exercise when I was a gym bro way back :D I will try it out!

Thanks! The Meister D7 is not an easy shoe. I'm gonna try D6 and D5 soon. (same shoe but smaller size, which is harder)
I will also try the DF#3 which is the easiest shoe to enter the top 20 list with.
I tried it some months back, with no movement. 

• Like 1
Slippery Pete

Yesterday I bent Meister D6.

Was really hard for me. I was not in the best shape. I'm not sure of how long it took, but probably half an hour or more. Was not able to do much after det bend 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Slippery Pete

I'm fully into the horseshoes now. I have just started bending under cert conditions. (1.25'' pads)
Got a tiny kink into a SSP#5 10x22mm, which fits in the top 20 list. Long way to go of course.

Good attempt on a while back on the SSP#4 8x25mm, stopped at 160 degrees. (Doubles)
Got a good kink into a SN#4 TC 8x25mm (doubles)
Good attempt on a A-class #1 TC - 140 degrees (1.25'' pads)
Tiny kink into a A-class #2 TC (1.25'' pads)
Bent a SSP#3 in the end of a horseshoe workout. Can't remember if it was in doubles or in 1.25'' pads.

Yesterday I did some horseshoe work, reverse bending and snapping.
I don't care to much about lenght when I cut down my nails. It was two 7mm nails, one at around 175mm and the other at 165mm. 
Also tried 4.8 bolt but only got a tiny kink into it reverse.

I snapped 6mm nail and 7mm nail at 165mm. Tried snapping a A4 bolt but my skin is worn and I dont want to tear anything now so I only gave the attempt 2-3 min.

Edited by Slippery Pete
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Slippery Pete

Bending treated me well yesterday!
Last time I bent horseshoes my jeans got ripped in half, and the workout turned into crap.

I wanted to see if I could bend Meister D7 in singles, and that was alot easier then I expected.
I had tried the DF#5 a few times before with doubles, put not even gotten a kink into it.

After the two shoes I bent a 7x165mm nail reverse, pads touching. Got it to 50 degrees.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

• Like 2