Sneaky Bender

Slippery Pete

7 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Fantastic bend with the 2x7mm nails!

I attempted it a couple times before and could not move it at all.

Thanks! Was a fun bend to do. Felt better to kink at that length then I expected.
You will get it soon :)

Only fail bends today.

I tried an 150kg GBI bar in IMPs. Got like a 20 degree kink.
8x200mm CRS Hex in doubles. about 10 degree kink.
Red nail + 6mm nail in doubles. Nothing.
Reverse 4.8 bolt in single. Only a tiny kink.

• Like 2

I have ordered cordura, which will arrive this coming week. 
I will cut out pads that are a little bit longer then Ironmind pads, and work most of my bending with those pads from now on.

Bend in one of those will also bride that gap when trying bends that you can't yet do in one IMP.
I have no idea what dimensions Benders battlefield wraps has, but from my impression those might be similar to what I plan to make.

I also waiting for some GBI bars. With luck they will also show up this coming week. I really want to brace bend the 300kg bar I ordered.

Later today there will be bending.

Edited by Slippery Pete
  • Like 2

10/1

SX7 #2 - doubles
SX7 #2 - single pads
Meister D7 - doubles

Pull ups - palms facing face/shoulder width grip

Thoughts
That felt great! So happy about this session.
Months back I got three SX7 #2 from Jan, and I tried one of them and I could barely kink it. Got really disapoint.
Today I tried the other two and they was completed in about half a minute. The one I attempted a while back was a freak shoe.

After that I took a Meister shoe that I had failed a while back. Was stuck at about 100 degrees. Gave it two attempts but no movment. Wraped up a new one and got it done! 

I really need to work more to get my left golfers elbow better. My shoulders are fine but could also need some love.

Thinking about starting to bench. Have to start doing pull-ups a couple of times a week. Think that would help elbow and shoulders in my case.

• Like 1

Lying triceps extensions behind the head is very good rehab for that elbow!

I know nothing about horse-shoes but looks like your progressing! Well done!

5 hours ago, Lennix said:

Lying triceps extensions behind the head is very good rehab for that elbow!

I know nothing about horse-shoes but looks like your progressing! Well done!

That was my favorite triceps exercise when I was a gym bro way back :D I will try it out!

Thanks! The Meister D7 is not an easy shoe. I'm gonna try D6 and D5 soon. (same shoe but smaller size, which is harder)
I will also try the DF#3 which is the easiest shoe to enter the top 20 list with.
I tried it some months back, with no movement. 

• Like 1

Yesterday I bent Meister D6.

Was really hard for me. I was not in the best shape. I'm not sure of how long it took, but probably half an hour or more. Was not able to do much after det bend 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm fully into the horseshoes now. I have just started bending under cert conditions. (1.25'' pads)
Got a tiny kink into a SSP#5 10x22mm, which fits in the top 20 list. Long way to go of course.

Good attempt on a while back on the SSP#4 8x25mm, stopped at 160 degrees. (Doubles)
Got a good kink into a SN#4 TC 8x25mm (doubles)
Good attempt on a A-class #1 TC - 140 degrees (1.25'' pads)
Tiny kink into a A-class #2 TC (1.25'' pads)
Bent a SSP#3 in the end of a horseshoe workout. Can't remember if it was in doubles or in 1.25'' pads.

Yesterday I did some horseshoe work, reverse bending and snapping.
I don't care to much about lenght when I cut down my nails. It was two 7mm nails, one at around 175mm and the other at 165mm. 
Also tried 4.8 bolt but only got a tiny kink into it reverse.

I snapped 6mm nail and 7mm nail at 165mm. Tried snapping a A4 bolt but my skin is worn and I dont want to tear anything now so I only gave the attempt 2-3 min.

Edited by Slippery Pete
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bending treated me well yesterday!
Last time I bent horseshoes my jeans got ripped in half, and the workout turned into crap.

I wanted to see if I could bend Meister D7 in singles, and that was alot easier then I expected.
I had tried the DF#5 a few times before with doubles, put not even gotten a kink into it.

After the two shoes I bent a 7x165mm nail reverse, pads touching. Got it to 50 degrees.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

ops

Edited by Slippery Pete

• 3 months later...

Okay. It might be time for a period of DO-bending. I lost a bit of motivation for the horseshoe and braced bending.

I have done a few DO sessions now and it has been mixed results.
Worth meantioning is a 7.5mm nail at 6'' bent in one IMP.

3 aug DO-bending

2x 6mm nail, IMP
7mm nail, IMP
7.5x180mm nail, one IMP

8x170mm CRS, one IMP - Got it to 100 degrees. worked on it for about ten minutes. Alot of pain, frustration and confusion. I did not think that I would fail at that state of the bend. But my palms got really sore and my crush is the part that has suffered the most from not doing any unbraced bending.
8x185mm Square HRS, IMP
7.5x180mm nail, 2/3 of one IMP
- Fail. Got a kink on it and then drew blood, right palm

7 aug - DO-bending

2pcs 6x145mm nails, one IMP
7.5x160mm, IMP
8x200mm square HRS, IMP
8mm "hard HRS", IMP

This session was hard on my hands. Right palm have not healed up since last workout, and I attempted the one IMP bend with not enough warm-up.
Also managed to (bad word filter) up the video :D Fun and good session none the less.

• Like 1

10 aug - DO-bending

7x170mm nail, IMP
7.5x170mm nail, IMP
8x180mm rebar, IMP
8x180 355CRS, doubles to about 100 degrees
A2 7'' bolt, IMP
A4 7'' bolt, IMP 

Not enough rest. Pain in my hands and elbows.
The rebar is hard. Not sure if I have bent it in IMP before. Took a few minutes I think.

I'm stronger in one IMP then ever before, and almost as good with IMPs as I was. But doubles feels really weak and awkward now.

The two bolts were failed at about 20-30 degrees done reverse/DU months back. Alot easier then the Rebar.

I think next DO session will be 15 aug. Hopefully feeling fresh then.

Edited by Slippery Pete

13 aug - Bending 

2pcs 8x150mm HRS, IMP 
8x120mm HRS, IMP 

The HRS is on the softer side.

Can't remember if I did anymore DO work then that.
Did some barehanded attempt on TDR#2 but no movement, just skin tear :D Leg crushed the shoe instead.

At work that day I was so excited of getting home and bend some steel, but I was also feeling discomfort in my neck and shoulders. It did not feel good and I should have done some easy weight training instead.

• Like 1

15 aug - Bending

5.5x160mm Reverse snap 
5.5x160mm DU snap

7x165mm Nail, 2/3 of one IMP
7.5x180mm Nail, 2/3 of one IMP (PR)
130kg GBI-bar, one IMP - Fail. 

+ Some nail scrolling and what not 

I was not planing on trying the GBI bar in one IMP today, but the 7.5mm nail was so easy in 2/3 of one pad that I got the feeling that maybe today is the day 😅
I came to maybe 80-90 degrees when I realised that it was not happening, so I did not torture myself like I did last time I tried it. I think I need a couple of months for that bar to go down. Would be really happy if I made it this year.

• Like 1

21 aug - Horseshoes

A few unbraced snap, 5.5mm nails.

TDR#000 16x8mm, Horrido pads - 1min
SSP#1 20x8mm, 1.25'' pads - 4min
SSP#0 22x8 1.5'' pads - No movement.

Pretty happy about this session. Some pain and discomfort (more about that later) but other then that, great.
Easy bend on the TDR shoe, all done on top of right leg. The phase 175 to 185 degrees is tricky for me, but it gets better.

First time I complete SSP#1 20x8mm. Kinda easy to 170 degrees, then it froze and I finished it under the leg. 

I haven't done much shoe bending during the summer. I was hoping to raise my DO strenght late summer/autum.
But my left shoulder is quite bad now. Even hurts when I bend shoes, which did not accur last time I did it.
I think if I'm gonna do any DO-work at all I have to be very patient and careful. None of which is my strong suit.

• Like 1

24 aug - Horseshoes

SSP#2 22x8mm - 1.25''  Fail. 160°
A-Class#1 18x8mm - 1.25'' 
Kings Steel DR#3/27 16x8mm - barehanded
A-Class#1 18x8mm - Left at about 160° from before, got it past 180°.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Good session! Was not happy about the fail on SSP#2, but it was kind of expected. 
Actually the first time I finished A-Class#1. In the past I always got stuck at best around 170°. Really happy about getting the failed one past 180°

The barehanded bend was awkward and painful, no real tear fortunately. 

29 aug - Horseshoes 

SSP#1 20x8mm - 1.25'' wraps. Really easy bend. took one minute, and it might have been done after 20-30sec but I kept hitting it with minimal effect for another half a minute.

SSP#1 22x8mm - 1.5'' wraps. 

SSP#000 18x8mm - 1.5'' wraps. Not this time, was really sore in my leg. Got it to maybe 110 degrees.

Great session! Got some really nice hits on the two first shoes. It's getting better and better :)
Still much to improve, but I used to really suck at finnishing shoe on top of the leg. 

Edited by Slippery Pete
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

15 sept

Kings Steel Extra sound #4/28 - IMP. This shoe was marketed as 22x8mm. That was not even close to correct. A really easy shoe for beginners only.

SPO#8x0 16x6mm, 1.25'' - Cool shoe. Got it to around 90 degrees.

2pcs TDR#2 16x8 welded together, 1.5'' - Intresting bend, really hard. Since they are half round, and I welded them with flat side facing each other it became hard to get a good wrap. Got them to maybe 120 degrees.

SSP#0 20x8mm, 1.5'' - By now my hands and leg were really sore, so this attempt was poor.

I was sick for a week, stayed home and rested. Got back to work, but still not still not feeling to good. I hope I will be back to normal soon.

There is one session missing in the log, I made an attempt at SSP#0 22x8mm and got it to around 100 degrees. First time I got that shoe moving.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

29 sept

SSP#0 20x8mm, 1.5'' - I did not think I would get this bend, I can't do any max effort on top of my right leg. To my surprise I could actually finnish it under my leg. Took about 12 min.

SSP#3x0, 1.5'' - Failed attempt from last week. Got it past 180 degrees today.

Meister D7 22x8mm, 1.5'' - Hearted

I have no idea what I should do about my right leg. I don't feel any pain in my everyday life, but when it's time for shoe bending I'm really sensitive. Much more so then  before.
Still training is good to me. Getting better every week.  
But I guess I should try a longer periods rest for my right leg. I have been thinking of some DU, reverse and short braced.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

11 okt

Bench press
40kg*10,10,12

Reverse bending (all done in slightly cut off horrido wraps)
6x180mm nail
7x180mm nail
8x180mm soft HRS
7.5x180mm nail

I have a goal to bench 100kg by the end of the year and 120kg in July. 

Edited by Slippery Pete
  • Like 1

13 okt

Bench press
40kg*12
50kg*10
55kg*5
75kg*4
40kg*10

9x137mm nail - Braced, doubles
7x180mm nail - reverse 

Really bad pain tolerance. It was a long time since I did short braced bends. Should have done an easier bend.
Bench felt ok, weight feels heavy in the hands but easy to press.

• Like 1

17 okt

Bench press
50kg*10
60kg*6
70kg*11 (counted wrong, was suppose to be 12)
80kg*3

8x150mm HRS - DO, slightly cut off horrido wraps
7x140mm nail - DU, 1.25'' wraps
ISO kink-work on SSP#4 22x10mm

Easy work with WD replica Reverse and DU.

Feeling more comfortable for every bench session I do. I think I'm gonna train mostly high reps. Doing low volume now since I'm not used to weight training

My palms are not used to the pressure of DO bending 😅 I think I'm gonna start doing a little bit of DO, and be really careful. Not go super hard directly like a did a couple of months ago when I tried to pick up DO after a long break.

• Like 1

20 okt

Meister D7 22x8mm, 1.5'' - Hearted. Went really fast, about 2 min.
DF#5 25x8mm, 1.5'' - Hearted. Was a hard battle, 40-50 min. PR

24 okt 

Bench press
60kg*15,15
40kg*30

Reverse
7x140mm nail, 1.25'' 
7.5x170mm nail, doubles.

I have alot of pain in my left forearm. I'm not sure how or when it started, I guess that the horseshoe heart might have something to do with it. Those reverse bends was really painful. Was a stuggle to work today (25/10).

Chest is really sore today. I need to get to the point where I can start doing challenging work without destroying my body.
Next bench session should be 27/10.

Edited by Slippery Pete
  • Like 1

Fantastic display of strength with the horseshoe heart!

Reverse takes time to build specific tendon and wrist strength. Similar to strict DU

When I started doing bigger reverse bends in doubles I started to get forearm and elbow pain, mainly in the arm that was closest to my body.

Edited by bruce1337
  • Like 1