Most convenient pinch grip tool?

AvgJo

Hey guys,

When it comes to training I usually want to do exercises/things that give me the most bang for my buck and are simple to do. I want to get in and out with my training. I'm trying to find something that will let me train pinch in some way or another in a small local gym now that covid has calmed down a bit, or at home. I have a wooden pinch block that has a piece of climbing rope looped through it which I could attach a carabiner to and loop around a dumbbell. It might sound pathetic but it feels awkward using it. The weight swings as the rope is a bit long and it slides up the dumbbell handle making it a lop-sided lift. I don't have a loading pin, and wouldn't want to carry one around either.

Is there any kind of product out there that you guys know of that is a kind of 'Fat Gripz' removable handle but pinch style? If not, the only thing I can think of is to use my pinch block or just do plate pinches (which I'm not a fan of 😬, every plate is a different material, thickness, some have lips and some don't. It's just hard to track progress).

If anyone trains pinch in any kind of unconventional way or has some ideas then please share. 

Edited by AvgJo

A fatgripz style slip on pinch block to convert a bb to Saxon set up would be most excellent 

if you want to get a good pinch focus on two hand pinch lifts— you could easily bring a 2” pipe 15-18” long and 2 collars — slide plates on your pipe and collar then — poor man euro pinch. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

A fatgripz style slip on pinch block to convert a bb to Saxon set up would be most excellent 

if you want to get a good pinch focus on two hand pinch lifts— you could easily bring a 2” pipe 15-18” long and 2 collars — slide plates on your pipe and collar then — poor man euro pinch. 

Yea, I'm suprised there isn't a product like that out there already.

Thanks Adam, pretty solid idea.

4 hours ago, coffeegrip said:

https://www.sorinex.com/products/clam-shell-grip

Haven't used them but this could be what you’re describing 

Wow Sorinex for the win!! I’ve not seen those before. I maybe needing me a pair of those 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AvgJo said:

Beautiful product, shame about the price though.

🤷‍♂️ Sorinex equipment is American steel welded by an American craftsman. You get what you pay for...plus if you keep training grip you’ll end up dropping 10-20X that amount over the years. May not believe me today but you’ll see 💯💯

• Haha 1

Can't really beat the convenience of plates. To make your pinch block work without the rope sliding up/down the dumbbell handle, swap it out for webbing strap. It'll have enough friction that'll stay in middle of the dumbbell handle.

But if you want something portable to throw into your gym bag, they make pinch grip dumbbells handles.

Pinch_Block_DB_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=153997

422130_01.jpg?sw=800&sh=800

https://www.armassassinstrengthshop.com/products/pinch-block-dumbbell

https://www.armassassinstrengthshop.com/products/pinch-block-curl

Titan fitness has it for the same price, but currently out of stock

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I use wooden blocks with a screw hook in, I don't even need a carabiner I just hook them on the loading-pin really quick. Each block has two different widths. Super convenient and as cheap as it gets.