Crushing Bottle Caps

gerryg

I was looking for some ideas on working my finger strength so I could crush bottle caps between my fingers, like the guy in the book The Keys To Progress! Can you give some help?Thanks!

Edited by gerryg

Just stumbled on this one last weekend. I think it could be good. I'll try and describe it to you - maybe you'll get it.

In a standing position, take an old tire and put it against your leg so that the tread is pointing straight up.

Wrap your FINGERTIPS along the inside edge of the tire, where the rim would be. Now, use your fingertip strength to rock the tire up to a parallel position.

Hold there, or let it slowly go back down and then repeat.

You can add resistance by throwing some rocks or bricks inside the tire.

I guess you don't have to rest it against your thigh. Just put it somehow where you use the ends of your fingers to tilt the tire up.

Is this a clear description?

Interesting training idea Jedd,

You should post it in the general gripboard forum as well so no one misses it, not that you want to retread on an old topic or you might get tired :stuart

Seriously it's an interesting idea!!!!

Jon@han

I've always thought that there's no better training idea than training with the real thing. But with bottlecaps you can make it a bit easier on yourself if you can't squish them right away. What I did was to get a bottlecap between my fingers and start to squeeze. Then I'd use a finger on my other hand to press in the middle of the cap which would help it fold. With a little practice, I used less and less pressure with my other hand. Now I can do it without any help at all.