Saturday Session

Rick Walker

The rain kept me from doing my rock walk/farmers walk yesterday. So, after work this am, I drug them out.

230 pound stone-25 yards

210 an arm farmers-25 yards.

Conditions: rain soaked yard-muddy, very very soft-boots very sinking in. I love bad conditions-they make you a beast when the conditions are spot on! :mosher

First run-downward slant grade for stone, uphill for farmers: 40.12 seconds. Yuck. Heals of boots were getting stuck in mud. Didnt warm up at all, just jumped right into it.

Second run-upward for stone, downward for farmers: 39.12 seconds. Better-but only by a second. At the end of this one-I fell. Not sure if I tripped or just collapsed.

Third run-down-downward for stones, upward for farmers: 34.10 seconds!! :mosher YEAH! Despite sinking in the ground I made good time.

I would like to get 30 even by contest time.

The key is a fast transition from stone to farmers and to quiet that damn voice in your head that is beggin you not to pick up the farmers! :yikes

Cant wait to see how I perform on flat cement.

Rick Walker :rock

How wet does your yard get, man?? We'll have to start calling you

SWAMP THING!!!!

I am on a flood plain brother. Next time you are here chek the 3 foot water mark on my garage walls-thats from the river paying us a visit.

That is why the mosquitos are so persistant and the grass is so damn green. :tongue

Rick Walker :rock