crunches 

• Like 4

Today’s training 

incline bench 4 sets 5 reps 215lbs

swiss bar row 4 sets 8 reps 210lbs

chin ups 3 sets 5 reps 80lbs

Cable rear delt flies 3 sets 8 reps 45lbs

hammer curls 3 sets 8 reps 90lbs

grip was fried today so skipped the rolling thunder but decided to mess around with the little big horn. Only lifted this once when I first got it got up to 145lbs but I think I was gripping up on the fat part of it. Today worked up to a new max of 185lbs + little big horn and loading pin. I think without too much time or training I could be breaking 200lbs total weight. 

• Like 7

Strong chin ups and Hammer curls!!

• Like 2

Insane lifting on the lbh! Like the flask you're lifting about your bodyweight! And your chins & hammers are nuts have you ever tried armwrestling?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Insane lifting on the lbh! Like the flask you're lifting about your bodyweight! And your chins & hammers are nuts have you ever tried armwrestling?

Thanks man. Really hoping I can close in on 200 with the flask and LBH.I think the flask and pin weights like 10lbs so that would be just over body weight and the flask is getting very close. No I have never tried arm wrestling maybe I should though. 

• Like 3

Id second the others guys. Your flask numbers are very good and your hammer curl numbers are insane. 90lbs for sets of 8 is crazy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Id second the others guys. Your flask numbers are very good and your hammer curl numbers are insane. 90lbs for sets of 8 is crazy.

I recently started doing 1 arm axle curls again and when I saw his weighted chins and 3x8 on hammer I thought He would be very good at 1 arm axle and LBH hammer curls too

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I recently started doing 1 arm axle curls again and when I saw his weighted chins and 3x8 on hammer I thought He would be very good at 1 arm axle and LBH hammer curls too

Im sure he would be good at them for sure. Ive recently started 1 arm axle curls as well. Very tough, i tried them standing then another time strict against a wall. They were very tough. I also tried axle hammer curls the other day. They were great fun but very tough to keep wrist intergrity/radial deviation.

What kind of numbers are you doing on 1 arm axle curls? 

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Axle hammer curls sounds intense! I will have to try those.  Currently, my 1 arm axle curl in low 70's(PR 75-76) my first two sessions just working on long eccentrics near max- last week did 68LB with 20 second eccentric with no collars.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Axle hammer curls sounds intense! I will have to try those.  Currently, my 1 arm axle curl in low 70's(PR 75-76) my first two sessions just working on long eccentrics near max- last week did 68LB with 20 second eccentric with no collars.  

Yeah. Im not sure my wrist could handle a 1 arm axle hammer curl I’ll give it a try though. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

They really are. You have to go slow and steady or it will wobble all over  

Thats very stong on 1 arm Axle curls. Ive only tried once and managed 66lbs. I also did 63lbs strict against a wall. I think you will be a good bit heavier than me though so im glad im not too far behind. Not many do them so its hard to gauge what good or not.

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

Yeah. Im not sure my wrist could handle a 1 arm axle hammer curl I’ll give it a try though. 

If you can hammer curl 90lbs on a normal dumbbell you could easily hammer curl an axle with a good amount if weight. 

Give normal 1 arm axle curls a try first. A great move.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

They really are. You have to go slow and steady or it will wobble all over  

Thats very stong on 1 arm Axle curls. Ive only tried once and managed 66lbs. I also did 63lbs strict against a wall. I think you will be a good bit heavier than me though so im glad im not too far behind. Not many do them so its hard to gauge what good or not.

IMO, with good form- 1 arm Axle curl standards BWT 200LB or less- 65LB very good, 70LB excellent. 200-250 BWT - 75LB very good, 80LB-excellent. Over 250 BWT 80 LB very good, 85LB excellent. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

IMO, with good form- 1 arm Axle curl standards BWT 200LB or less- 65LB very good, 70LB excellent. 200-250 BWT - 75LB very good, 80LB-excellent. Over 250 BWT 80 LB very good, 85LB excellent. 

Brilliant thanks for posting that. I always use good form as you may tell from my standing to strict only being a 3lbs difference. I weigh 178lbs atm but im normally 170-175lbs. That gives me and any others something to shoot for. 👍

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 1

Today’s training

cobalt 1 rep right ghp7 1 rep left 

Coc 3.5 failed right ghp7 1 rep left 

Coc 3 3 reps right ghp7 failed left 

coc 3 1 rep right hg300 2 reps left 

Ghp7 2 reps right hg300 2 reps left 

ghp7 2 reps right hg300 2 reps left 

hg300 7 reps right hg300 1 rep left 

coc 2.5 22 reps right 9 reps left 

• Like 3

More today

slingshot bench 2 sets 6 reps 260lbs, 1 set 5 reps 260lbs, 1 set 6 reps 250lbs

DB row 4 sets 15 reps 105lbs

med grip Swiss bar OHP 3 sets 10 reps 100lbs

pull up 3 sets 8 reps 35lbs

tricep rope push downs 3 sets 15 reps 110lbs

EZ bar curls 3 sets 10 reps 100lbs

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

Today’s training

cobalt 1 rep right ghp7 1 rep left 

Coc 3.5 failed right ghp7 1 rep left 

Coc 3 3 reps right ghp7 failed left 

coc 3 1 rep right hg300 2 reps left 

Ghp7 2 reps right hg300 2 reps left 

ghp7 2 reps right hg300 2 reps left 

hg300 7 reps right hg300 1 rep left 

coc 2.5 22 reps right 9 reps left 

Very impressive closes! Would you say your GHP 8 is harder than your CoC 3.5? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Very impressive closes! Would you say your GHP 8 is harder than your CoC 3.5? 

Thanks man here is the attempt on the 3.5. My original 3.5 was harder than my ghp8 but I just bought a 165rgc from cannon that I feel like I should be able to close but it always seems to stop just just before the handles touch hopefully it goes down real soon.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

Thanks man here is the attempt on the 3.5. My original 3.5 was harder than my ghp8 but I just bought a 165rgc from cannon that I feel like I should be able to close but it always seems to stop just just before the handles touch hopefully it goes down real soon.

Damn nice dude!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nuttgens said:

Strong stuff bro, just setting that thing takes alot of strength! 165 is a great rating to have in the collection. I think your getting that GHP 8 shut this year 💪 I noticed Matt now offers much better shipping rates for us. I just ordered a couple grippers and said F-it I'm getting him to rate them and hoping for the best haha. I got tired of checking everyday for a low 140's GHP or CoC. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Strong stuff bro, just setting that thing takes alot of strength! 165 is a great rating to have in the collection. I think your getting that GHP 8 shut this year 💪 I noticed Matt now offers much better shipping rates for us. I just ordered a couple grippers and said F-it I'm getting him to rate them and hoping for the best haha. I got tired of checking everyday for a low 140's GHP or CoC. 

His shipping rates aren’t bad it’s when ups gouges your at the door with customs and whatever other stupid fees they add. Yeah I think I’ll be shutting my ghp8 this year too. Although I seem to be a bit stuck right now. Might start going back to doing more reps on my ghp7 and coc 3 and less on the cobalt. 

• Like 1

Today’s training

squat 4 sets 6 reps 325lbs

deficit deadlift 3 sets 8 reps 335lbs

Axle deadlift 3 sets 10 reps 280lbs

GHR 3 sets 15 reps 

Ab wheel 3 sets 33 reps 

6 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

What did you order? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

What did you order? 

Standard Iron Fe, GHP 7, Pony Clamp & the Bumper. I'm getting the 2 grippers rated and praying the GHP 7 is easy 😄 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Standard Iron Fe, GHP 7, Pony Clamp & the Bumper. I'm getting the 2 grippers rated and praying the GHP 7 is easy 😄 

If my ghp7 is easier than yours I’ll lend it to you. It’s easier than my 3 for sure.

• Thanks 1