Khaled Awa Jashell, a grip phenom.

Alawadhi

2 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

I don’t believe Alexey T has big hands, and he always pulls over 450 lbs. in contests.

I met him in Russia. His hands are identical to mine. About 8.3”

3 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I met him in Russia. His hands are identical to mine. About 8.3”

Wow. I didn't think they were that large. I have met him 4 or 5 times, and took a photo with my 5 foot 9 inch son when he was at his powerlifting bulkiest (my son that is).To my surprise, my son seemed to be about the same height and weight in the photo.  I don't believe I put my hands up against his (mine are just under 8 inches), but I didn't remember anything remarkable about his hands with one exception. On the Rolling Thunder, he had a hydraulic-machine-like explosive start unlike anything I had ever seen (like a fast boxing punch). But, yes, I consider 8.3 inches to be "large" hands. 

Thanks Bader!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2020 at 3:59 PM, Fist of Fury said:

Grippers is just technique. It takes time to find the right technique (which isn't the same for every hand). Once he finds the right position he can close the #4. 

On 8/18/2020 at 1:43 AM, Fist of Fury said:

He already has at least 90% of the strength. Did you even watch the videos :laugh

On 8/18/2020 at 1:56 AM, Fist of Fury said:

He lifted a 98 kg inch dumbbell easily. That's strength. Add technical training with grippers and he will close the #4 easily if he wants to.

You ended up being right after all. He closed the #3.5 wide set and got close on a #4. With training he will master it. Khaled is incredible!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

You ended up being right after all. He closed the #3.5 wide set and got close on a #4. With training he will master it. Khaled is incredible!

Well, to be fair, he hasn't closed the #4 yet but he will for sure. I really like how the grippers looks closed in his hand. Looks like baby toys :D 

• Like 1

Well schoolboy not suprising, steamrolled Larry but got mowed down by....

Khalid!

Video on Larry's channel.

• Like 3

It’s pretty clear now, what the guys on here have been saying forever...thickbar strength is the best grip strength you can have. Best crush is best crush. Best thickbar strength gets you at or very near to world class in all areas. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, slazbob said:

It’s pretty clear now, what the guys on here have been saying forever...thickbar strength is the best grip strength you can have. Best crush is best crush. Best thickbar strength gets you at or very near to world class in all areas. 

No its not that simple. Plenty of example of people that have much better thickbar strength than pinch strength for example and the other way around. You can have world class thickbar strength and unremarkable pinch strength (relatively speaking).

• Like 1

Before anyone gets triggered I should say that I meant in general terms, no idea about Khaled's abilities in pinch lifting.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

No its not that simple. Plenty of example of people that have much better thickbar strength than pinch strength for example and the other way around. You can have world class thickbar strength and unremarkable pinch strength (relatively speaking).

I agree. This past Saturday, at King Kong in Southern California, the only event on which I outlifted Odd Haugen was the Flask. My pinch strength is very unremarkable and Haugen’s thick bar is World Class.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, king crusher said:

Well schoolboy not suprising, steamrolled Larry but got mowed down by....

Khalid!

Video on Larry's channel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

It's more so that people who are naturally very strong will be good at thick bar (and everything else as well if they train). Thick bar is not about technique, it's about pure strength, unlike pinch and grippers where technique comes in to play, a lot of it for grippers and 2HP.

If you're like Khaled, very strong and have big hands, you will automatically be very strong at thick bar the first time you ever try it, since there's no technique involved in deadlifting dumbbell. Anyone can do it with no training, strength will be the only important factor.

4 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Don’t agree (relatively speaking). I try and lift thickbar with my thumbs as much as possible. Much easier to lift dumbbells than axels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

It's more so that people who are naturally very strong will be good at thick bar (and everything else as well if they train). Thick bar is not about technique, it's about pure strength, unlike pinch and grippers where technique comes in to play, a lot of it for grippers and 2HP.

If you're like Khaled, very strong and have big hands, you will automatically be very strong at thick bar the first time you ever try it, since there's no technique involved in deadlifting dumbbell. Anyone can do it with no training, strength will be the only important factor.

Again, does not mean that you have the hand and forearm physiology optimising for lifting something with a pinch grip. Looking at myself for example I have done reasonably good feats of overall strength (710k raw in PL in training at 95k bodyweight IPF rules) but sucked first time I tried a thickbar but had great one hand wide pinch strength from get go. My hand physiology is simply more suited to lift things with a pinch grip training or not.

• Like 1

Just now, Mikael Siversson said:

Again, does not mean that you have the hand and forearm physiology optimising for lifting something with a pinch grip. Looking at myself for example I have done reasonably good feats of overall strength (710k raw in PL in training at 95k bodyweight IPF rules) but sucked first time I tried a thickbar but had great one hand wide pinch strength from get go. My hand physiology is simply more suited to lift things with a pinch grip training or not.

...optimised... (not optimising lol)

3 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Absolutely. I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was just adding another point of view.

59 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Don’t agree (relatively speaking). I try and lift thickbar with my thumbs as much as possible. Much easier to lift dumbbells than axels.

It's more of a statement of fact. For example, Kody Burns has (or had, not sure if he still trains grip) great thickbar strength for his bodyweight but absolutely insane pinch strength. He used to be beaten easily by Andrew Durniat in thickbar lifting who in turn was outclassed in pinch lifting by Kody. Its an example of two very well trained athletes with very different pinch/thickbar lifting strength ratios. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

It's more of a statement of fact. For example, Kody Burns has (or had, not sure if he still trains grip) great thickbar strength for his bodyweight but absolutely insane pinch strength. He used to be beaten easily by Andrew Durniat in thickbar lifting who in turn was outclassed in pinch lifting by Kody. Its an example of two very well trained athletes with very different pinch/thickbar lifting strength ratios. 

My original statement was meant to drive home that if you’re world class in thick bar you won’t be far from the other areas.  Obviously, Technique is huge in these feats...not to mention your skin, the friction you can get, the size of your hand or fingers. All three phases work together...but I’m convinced, now, thick bar strength is your grip strength foundation. No, you can’t just be the best at it, and be great at it all...but you’ll be close.

• Like 1

Devon is one of the world champion and a very respectful guy. He shares my opinion too.

• Like 4

He came from Cameroon to just work in Dubai. In just a couple of months he’s doing amazing grip stuff, taken people at best years to accomplish if ever. He get’s ”discovered” when Devon came to Dubai to train with Larry and now it seems like Michael Todd is going to Dubai? And seems like more people want a match.

With all this I wonder what HIS thoughts are? Will he get into armwrestling 100%? Any idea about grip? What do you think @Alawadhi?

He has many doors opened. Great genetics, hard manual work and competitiveness, I guess he will go far whatever he chooses. 

4 hours ago, Griparn said:

He came from Cameroon to just work in Dubai. In just a couple of months he’s doing amazing grip stuff, taken people at best years to accomplish if ever. He get’s ”discovered” when Devon came to Dubai to train with Larry and now it seems like Michael Todd is going to Dubai? And seems like more people want a match.

With all this I wonder what HIS thoughts are? Will he get into armwrestling 100%? Any idea about grip? What do you think @Alawadhi?

He has many doors opened. Great genetics, hard manual work and competitiveness, I guess he will go far whatever he chooses. 

I am with him now as I type this. He said wait and see, it's a surprise. 

To know more about him, watch my video on his world record Millennium dumbbell attempt. I wrote everything in details.

I bet his passion is baking and he will be coming out with his own brand of protein Cameroon cookies.

All jokes aside, it's been entertaining to follow along so far, looking forward to see whats to come!  Best of luck!

Edited by liftyzig

5 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

I am with him now as I type this. He said wait and see, it's a surprise. 

To know more about him, watch my video on his world record Millennium dumbbell attempt. I wrote everything in details.

Has he tried squeezing any monster grippers beyond a #4? 

3 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Has he tried squeezing any monster grippers beyond a #4? 

He did not, but it doesn't make sense as he has yet to close a 4. And I won't allow him to do negatives. It's very dangerous. 

• Like 2