Khaled Awa Jashell, a grip phenom.

Alawadhi

55 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Don't think it will come that easily. Crush grip is unique; hence its lack of carry-over

53 minutes ago, Chez said:

Crush and thick bar have nothing to do with each other. I destroy thick bar guys on grippers and they kill me on thick bar.

its not the same strength. It’s not just technique either. For him he will

improve with technique but he’s not a shoe in to close a 4

I disagree with this.

When it comes to a certain level on thick bar strength it has a real good correlation to crush strength. Providing you actually train grippers. Look at all guys who are on the aboslute top on thick bar, they almost all of them (who actually train grippers) have can close huge grippers. Those who can't are those who don't train grippers at all.

55 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Don't think it will come that easily. Crush grip is unique; hence its lack of carry-over

54 minutes ago, Chez said:

Crush and thick bar have nothing to do with each other. I destroy thick bar guys on grippers and they kill me on thick bar.

Double post, please delete.

49 minutes ago, Chez said:

And they aren’t the same strength. Grippers are a dynamic strength while thick bar is open hand holding strength. Some people are more geared for dynamic strength. There are numerous examples. Very few guys are elite at both. Most of the time guys are dominant at one way more than the other 

Actually, as I said in previous post, most people who are very elite in thick bar also have huge gripper strength (of those who train grippers).

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Actually, as I said in previous post, most people who are very elite in thick bar also have huge gripper strength (of those who train grippers).

We aren’t going to see eye to eye. I can tag many guys who are great at thick bar and aren’t at the top on grippers 

• Like 2

And if they are good at both it wasn’t because of there natural strength in one carried to the other, they had to train the other hard to bring it up 

28 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Also, hate to bring this up but the man has enormous hands and long thumbs. Excellent for thickbar. So considering the wrap he gets around that handle, it says nothing about his gripper strength. 

Exactly, he’s obviously strong but we all know huge hands is a huge advantage on thick bar......that extra wrap helps like crazy 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chez said:

We aren’t going to see eye to eye. I can tag many guys who are great at thick bar and aren’t at the top on grippers 

Martin Arildsson, the best grip guy Sweden has produced pulls around 160k on the axle (okay result but no where near the top guys in heaviest weight class) and yet have closed a #4 both hands. So yes yet another example supporting your point.

Also my thickbar strength is much better now than it was 10 years ago but my gripper strength has gone nowhere.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

On 8/16/2020 at 8:49 PM, Alawadhi said:

Forgot to mention, he wights between 110 Kg to 115 KG and his height I am not sure but surely between 5'11" to 6'1"

Forgot to mention he is 25 years young!

21 hours ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

What a Freak of nature! I saw him on Devon's channel already, but your videos show objective, how strong he really is! Hope he starts training seriously!

Yep. He will meet me again on Friday.

17 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Did he close a gripper near a CoC #4? Didn't appear to be

No where close. I gave him #1 #2 #3 BBGE and HG 400. He got them all to parallel except the #1 to almost shut. Then I showed him how. Of course, he needs to learn it well, but he banged the #1 and the #2 and the HG 400. I asked him not to anymore because grippers are not of interest. Things like 2 hand pinch, blobs, thick bar, plate pinch, V bar and so on are better.

17 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

He lifted a 98 kg inch dumbbell easily. That's strength. Add technical training with grippers and he will close the #4 easily if he wants to.

Maybe if he wants to. But not close at the moment. Will check him out anyway this coming Friday.

16 hours ago, Chez said:

It's different strength of course.

• Like 1

So we met on Friday 21st of August 2020; 5:30 PM Dubai time. He was beat up from work the previous day and on Friday (same day) he was with Larry Wheels and the group training Armwrestling a lot. Both table and weights. Khaled can beat Larry for those who are interested (just lost once with left hand, then won twice left. Right was easy despite his technique). Anyway, I coached him today and made him attempt the Millennium Bell. His best attempt was to knee level. Very very good and world class, but I expected a full lift if he was fresh. Of course, this time I taught him tilting technique. But even then his hands were beat up because he couldn't lift the Millennium fully nor lift the 98 KG Inch. Only 1 or 2 inches above ground on his best attempt. I can only assume the Millennium should be easier because of this (handle length). Other notable feats were Millennium trainer for reps, fatman Blob by the face. Gonna test him next time on Sunday 30th of August 2020. Imagine all of this is a very bad day for him. On a good fresh day he will lift everything!

I'll just upload the Millennium attempt here and the others like blob lifts and curls are on my YouTube channel. Enjoy!

• Like 6

Bring on 30 August - that Millennium could use some quality air time. . . .and I for one am looking forward to watching it!

• Like 1

Please Bader: NO tilt lift next time. I think he can do it when he is fresh. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 2:52 PM, Florian Kellersmann said:

Couldn't agree more. Tilted lifts mean one thing and one thing only: you are too weak to lift it strictly so you turn it into a thickbar/vbar combo abomination. 

• Like 2

On 8/28/2020 at 10:52 AM, Florian Kellersmann said:

Okay sure. I am meeting him tonight! BTW, Larry found a new guy with even bigger hands! But not as thick. Will surely do test him too.

On 8/29/2020 at 11:18 AM, Mikael Siversson said:

Couldn't agree more. Tilted lifts mean one thing and one thing only: you are too weak to lift it strictly so you turn it into a thickbar/vbar combo abomination. 

I wish I am that weak to lift the Millennium :D

• Like 1

Incredible potential.  It will be interesting to see what all he does on the disciplines that are not so hand size dependent (advantageous) like fat bar and wide pinch.  Very curious as to the Euro specifically where hand size gives more surface area for friction but not sure of other pluses and/or minuses of a hand like his.  Most of the biggest Euro pinches have seemingly  been with a relatively normal hand size (under 9" anyway) with few exceptions.    

34 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Okay sure. I am meeting him tonight! BTW, Larry found a new guy with even bigger hands! But not as thick. Will surely do test him too.

I wish I am that weak to lift the Millennium :D

Saw the guy with bigger hands, ridiculous hand size.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 10:52 AM, Florian Kellersmann said:

On 8/29/2020 at 11:18 AM, Mikael Siversson said:

Guys, I thank God that you recommended me and thank God that I read it before my meeting with Khaled. Videos of the attempt coming soon. But know this guys, he had AW session with Larry and the gang 2 days ago and his arms still hurts. I know AW pain. He worked 14 hours today and only had one lunch. I picked him after his 14 hours work and went to my place and trained. If he trains seriously and eats well most WRs are for him.

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 1

Ladies and Gentleman, behold a strict Millennium Dumbbell lift.

• Like 11

Of course, other videos on my channel. Like Millennium trainer for reps. Thumbless Millennium trainer! I believe maybe Adam Glass, Luke's AW friend and Devon Larratt might do it too. 30 KG heavygriptools blob, et cetera. I trained too. I still can lift my fatman blob, close a #3 and lift the 150 pounds inch; so happy about it.

• Like 2

Only 2 weeks of you working with him and he is doing some amazing stuff!! Still need to convince him to come to your place totally fresh. What is it exactly that he does as a mechanic that is giving him his base strength?

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 3:32 PM, Chez said:

Odd Haugen is the Poster Man for great Thick Bar Strength with sub-great Crush Strength.

Mike Burke, in his brief four year career in Grip, was a rare example of having it all.

There are many many who have the Crush but not the Strength. 

• Like 1

Are there any people with truly great thick bar strength that "don't" have big hands?  Not necessarily huge hands.   I mean well in excess of 400#.  

3 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Are there any people with truly great thick bar strength that "don't" have big hands?  Not necessarily huge hands.   I mean well in excess of 400#.  

I don’t believe Alexey T has big hands, and he always pulls over 450 lbs. in contests.

15 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Adam Glass is one of the best ever and has sub 8" hands. 

• Like 1

And Ron Mazza