Hip mri results - is there a doctor in the house?

Mike Rinderle

Any doctors out there?  All greek to me.  Meet with the hip surgeon for the Baltimore Ravens next Thursday, but I'd rather have an idea before I go in.  To me they are saying very bad arthritis, lots of cartilage loss, and a fuqued up labrum.  

Any body else have a more detailed understanding of the radiologist's impression?  Too many big words for me.  😆😆😆

Exams1.jpg

My medical(less) opinion is you have a seriously FUBARed hip :)   Good Luck.  On the bright side maybe is when I had my spinal MRI they said I shouldn't even be able to walk - and I'll be going for my 2x BW DL next week on my 72nd birthday.  It's not "always" as bad as the medical jargon makes it sound after an MRi.  Hip replacements are fairly common these days with good results for the most part - possibly what you're looking at ?  I wish you well!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, climber511 said:

My medical(less) opinion is you have a seriously FUBARed hip :)   Good Luck.  On the bright side maybe is when I had my spinal MRI they said I shouldn't even be able to walk - and I'll be going for my 2x BW DL next week on my 72nd birthday.  It's not "always" as bad as the medical jargon makes it sound after an MRi.  Hip replacements are fairly common these days with good results for the most part - possibly what you're looking at ?  I wish you well!

Thanks my friend.  Apparently I rode this horse and put him away wet a few too many times.  Doubt I would change anything if I had it to do over again though.  No use dying before you wear out all the parts.  Lol

• Like 2

Good luck with the upcoming appointment. At least replacements are much better now. Lots of damn strong guys out there with new parts. 

• Like 2

After googling everything in that nice little write-up by the radiologist, and reading all about each issue, I'm hoping they made a mistake and that's someone else's MRI.  🤣🤣🤣

Apparently I'm going to become a cyborg sooner or later, and probably sooner rather than later.  Maybe I can talk the doc into installing satellite radio in it.  Get a twofer.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2020 at 7:33 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

Any doctors out there?  All greek to me.  Meet with the hip surgeon for the Baltimore Ravens next Thursday, but I'd rather have an idea before I go in.  To me they are saying very bad arthritis, lots of cartilage loss, and a fuqued up labrum.  

Any body else have a more detailed understanding of the radiologist's impression?  Too many big words for me.  😆😆😆

Exams1.jpg

Not medical, but I did teach the MCAT for a while. In my professional opinion as an economist it says you have some bad arthritis, you’ve lost a lot of cartilage, and your labrum is in bad shape. 

happy to help. My bill will be in the mail today. 

• Haha 1

Saw doc today.  Because I have dysplasia in that hip, they can't do arthroscopy. 

So, it came down to a major PAO surgery with a 12 week recovery while the pelvis they cut in two heals, or hip replacement surgery, which gets me back to work in a couple weeks probably.  Even if they did the PAO, I would still need a full replacement in 5-10 years anyway.

They don't like to do a hip replacement on someone my age because they only last 25-30 years.  I laughed and explained that with my genetics, they'll be able to get another 15 out of it used at a minimum.  Even if, by some miracle, I outlived it, I would still only be at two simple surgeries vs one nasty one and a simple one.

Needless to say, I went with the full replacement. 

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2