Mobility for bending

CavemanDaveman

I'm new to bending and wondering if anyone had some insight for short steel bending mobility? I feel my positioning is limited by lack of mobility. Any insight would be helpful! Thank you.

• Like 2

inb4 @Donc101 describing swinging clubs (which is incredibly useful - he and @Andrew Dube are both much better with them than I am).

The most crucial pieces for me are a resistance band, a piece of 3/4" polycarbonate rod, and a set of 2-pound clubs.

My pre-bending mobility work typically goes like this:

- 10 banded face pulls on my squat stand - drop the band to nose height, grab the band with both hands, step back, and row toward your face.

- A round of club-swinging

- 3-5 DO hits on a polycarb bar wrapped up like I'm going to bend it.

I'll do 3 rounds, using a 7" polycarb the first time, 8" the second, and 9" the third. I find I'm fairly loosey goosey after that.

I'll usually finish with some mace swinging and pullovers. I use a loadable mace, but you can get good results using a sledgehammer.

I'm fairly immobile but this gets me loose enough to hit 7" bars confidently. I've also used 8" stock to warm up and as long as I work the 9" polycarb a little longer this gets me loose enough for that, too.

• Thanks 1

Wow thanks very much for the insight! I do use clubs and find they are great for warm up. I'll give the rest of that a try.

• Like 1