Trying to kill off some grip feats...

Weakman

12/12

CoC #3 (155) 20 mm block - Damn, hard too see if its closed. Even though I oiled it up it is still hard as hell.  

LH: X X X

RH: X X 0

CoC #3 (152) 30 mm block - So close to 3 reps. That will happen this year!

LH: 1 2 2 2

RH: 1 2 2 2

13/12

IM Blockbuster - Going down the drain. Thumbs doesn't comply at all for the moment. Everything was fine a couple a weeks ago, today 15 kg almost didn't move and all. Working sets were at 10 kg. 

5 set

RH - This was ok since it was after the pinch and hands might been a little sore since yesterday.

LH: 70 kg x 1 65 kg x 2 60 kg x 5 5 5 

RH: 70 kg x 0 65 kg x 1 60 kg x 4 4 4

Comments: In this utter pinch darkness I am happy to announce that my steel has past the Atlantic and reached London. Not sure when further transfered but hopefully I can pick the package up this week.

• 2 weeks later...

25/12

CoC #3 (152) 30 mm block - Damn, I think I passed my peak. Not sure if there will be any pr this year. Don't remember but close to get a couple of doubles but I only got singles and fails.

LH: X X X X X X

RH: X X X X X X

IM Hub - Some air under 15 kg but sadly not close enough. Also, I forgot whether I made 13,75 kg with right or not which is pr. Well tangent pr on both hands but that extra 1,25 kg is not likely to happen.

LH: 12,5 kg x 1 15 kg x 0 13,75 kg x 1 11,25 kg X X X X X X

RH: 12,5 kg x 1 13,75 kg x X 0 11,25 kg X X X X X X

26/12

RH - Oh yes oh yes! Finally after 20 moths (!) of struggle that 2,5 kg pr feel damn good. Most likely my greatest victory this year. Not sure that 73,75 would have gone up even if I skipped the 75 kg attempt.

LH: 72,5 kg x 1 75 kg x 0 73,75 kg x 0 67,5 x 2 2 60 kg x 5 5 5 

RH: 72,5 kg x 0 71,25 kg x 0 0 67,5 kg x 2 1 60 kg x 4 4 4

Dynamic pinch

5 set

Reverse Curls

4 set

27/12

DO - Just doing some attempts to get the feel up. Didn't do that much bending that I would like to do the last couple of moths so starting slowly. Bending will be priority next year.

Pronation/Supinaton Levering

3 set

28/12

Wristcurl - Very easy, I need to be careful with my fingertips. Still not 100% recovered since the 50 kg pinching.

LH: 5 kg x 10 10 10 10 10 10 10

RH: 5 kg x 10 10 10 10 10 10 10

Dynamic pinch

4 set

Comments: Long time no see. Got some cold the week before Christmas so I've had to skip the gym for a week. The weather was shit so unfortunately I was very inactive that week. I think I lost my gripper peak during that week. Done some similar sessions to the gripper/RH but no fancy numbers. Of course I´ll go for some pr before I close 2020, if I´ll just get one I'll be super satisfied.

Got my 200+ nails just before Christmas. 2021 for sure will be a bending year!

• Like 1

29/12

Fatgrip Curls

4 set

KB Curls

3 set

Extensors

5 set

Comments: Easy workout. Resting tomorrow and going for gripper and hub pr on Thursday. 

Good luck with your end of year PR's. You have at least so far gained a PR in your Rolling Thunder (RH) with having a lay off so still moving in the right direction.

• Like 1

31/12

CoC #3 (161, filed) 30 mm block - Bah, good setting and no other complaints. I just lack that final crush strength, still have 2 mm or so left.

LH: 0 0

RH: 0 0

CoC #3 (152) 30 mm block - Nope, no pr here either. Those first two doubles were close to 3 reps but also here that last crush strength is not there. That will be a focus for next year.

LH: 1 1 0 1 1

RH: 2 2 1 1 2

IM Hub - Solid lifts! Though questinable prs, I wiped my hands off but didn't wash them. Maybe this pr only is a result of chalk and not progress. Anyways best lifts ever. Managed to hoover both fail lifts but not really getting any air under.

LH: 12,5 kg x 1 15 kg x 1 16,25 kg x 0 12,5 kg x 5 3 5

RH: 12,5 kg x 1 13,75 kg x 1 15 kg x 0 12,5 kg x 5 2 4

Extensors

5 set

Comments: RH and pinch block pr attempts on Saturday or Sunday then I close this training year. The best to all of you in 2021. Happy new traning year!

@Busa Thx man! One should be, and I am, happy for those small steps forward. As you say, at least it's in the right direction.

• Like 2

1/1

DO - Wasted several hits on bar with almost no kink (more like the bar is not straight any more than a kink). Then I put the palms/underarm in contact with my chest and pressing more downward than forward downward and it went easy. Even though the bar is bent in a plane parallel to my chest, this might be considered a braced bending?

Yellow x 1

Extensors

5 set

Comments: Not much. Nice to kick off the year with a training session.

2/1

RH Silarukov 60 mm - GAH!! So super close to get that first attempt. It was all mental. Had like 6 grip sessions on 7 days or so so not really recovered and 100% focused. I didn't expect a good lift I was just waiting for the weight to get heavy but it didn't. Close to look out I realize that this could go but I already stopped lift. Tried to start pulling again but with no momentum that wasn't possible. Not really good attempts with right hand.

LH: 73,75 kg x 0 0 70 kg x 2 2 2 1 2

RH: 71,25 kg x 0 0 70 kg x 1 1 1 1 1

IM Blockbuster - This will be a hard nut to crack. I'm not close to pr weights and the weight is not even leaving the ground. 

LH: 20 kg x 0 10 kg x 8 8 8 

RH: 20 kg x 0 10 kg x 8 8 8

4/1

CoC #3 (152) 30 mm block - Finally got that 3 reps!

LH: 3 3 1 1 

RH: 2 2 2 1

Comments: Nice to collect another pr but that rolling handle fail still bugs me. Therefor it will be a new attempt in the coming days :)

6/1

IM Hub - Didn't even get 10 kg up at first, needed to put some chalk on my tips. Sadly to say I think there is something in my bag that makes the handle very slippery, same goes for the pinch block. Maybe I have to skip that non chalk goals.

LH: 12,5 kg x 3 5 5

RH: 12,5 kg x 3 5 5

Reverse Curls

4 set

Dynamic Pinch

3 set

Extensors

5 set

7/1

DO - First bar, first hit went to almost 90* which I'm pretty happy about. The kink for DO is my weak spot. I think I just got it right this time. The second bar was war, took like 6 hits or so to move it just a bit. The final hit brought it down just by rage. There is still technique improvements to be done.

Yellow x 2

Comments: Plan was to do some more grip but by time just flied. Still 2 yellow with DO and not worst technique ever used is ok.

8/1

IM Blockbuster - Ok, so I surrender. My plan was to hit another pr without chalk but since 10 kg was heavy and 15 kg didn't left the ground I abandoned my plan and putted some chalk on my tips.

LH: 25 kg x 0 20 kg x 3 3 3 

RH: 25 kg x 0 20 kg x 3 3 3 

Dynamic Pinch

3 set

Extensors

5 set

Comments: Felt ok. Got some upper back pain yesterday when I relived the pressure on the bar during DO bending but it didn't bother me today. Lets see how it fells tomorrow when its back day, bending day and maybe RH pr day!

9/1

RH Silarukov 60 mm - Nope. Ok lifts but not as close as last time. I'll now drop the Silarukov and go with the LGC for a while. At least no more max attempts until Q1 is past.

LH: 73,75 kg x 0 0 70 kg x 2 2 1 1

RH: 71,25 kg x 0 0 70 kg x 1 0 0 0

10/1

CoC #3 (161, filed) 30 mm block - First attempt with RH was really close. 

LH: 0 0

CoC #3 (152) 30 mm block - Last 2 sets overcrush/hold. Zeros in middle due to slipped pinky and gripping to high on gripper.

LH: 2 2 1 0 1 0

RH: 2 2 0 1 1 1

Comments: I was supposed to bend yesterday but lack of time. Same thing today. Maybe I take a day off and rest tomorrow or I go for some bends. It's also time for End year review and to set the aim for 2021. Lets get certified!

• Like 1

11/1

DO - Tried to improve my bad technique but my mind was on another planet. Either I have to really focus on what to do otherwise its better just skip training and get some rest.

12/1

IM Hub - Not much weight improvement but I think it hits much harder when using chalk. OR I'm just not used to it.

LH: (15 kg x 1 + 12,5 kg x 5) x  3

RH: (15 kg x 1 + 12,5 kg x 5) x  3

13/1

IM Blockbuster - Lol, finally got that 25 kg up so I can join the challenge.

LH: 25 kg x 1 20 kg x 3 3 3 3 3

RH: 25 kg x 0 20 kg x 3 3 3 3 3

14/1

CoC #3 (152) 30 mm block

LH: 2 

RH: 2

CoC #3 (152) CCS - BOOM Sore, bad sleep, feeling 85% and worse warm up ever. And f*cking killed it! M M MMM MMMONSTER KILL!

LH: 0 1 1 1

RH: 0 1 1 0 0

Comments: I hereby welcome myself to the #3 CCS club. I could also whine some over me finding ridiculous reasons to skip bending but I´ll save that for another day.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Weakman said:

11/1

DO - Tried to improve my bad technique but my mind was on another planet. Either I have to really focus on what to do otherwise its better just skip training and get some rest.

12/1

IM Hub - Not much weight improvement but I think it hits much harder when using chalk. OR I'm just not used to it.

LH: (15 kg x 1 + 12,5 kg x 5) x  3

RH: (15 kg x 1 + 12,5 kg x 5) x  3

13/1

IM Blockbuster - Lol, finally got that 25 kg up so I can join the challenge.

LH: 25 kg x 1 20 kg x 3 3 3 3 3

RH: 25 kg x 0 20 kg x 3 3 3 3 3

14/1

CoC #3 (152) 30 mm block

LH: 2 

RH: 2

CoC #3 (152) CCS - BOOM Sore, bad sleep, feeling 85% and worse warm up ever. And f*cking killed it! M M MMM MMMONSTER KILL!

LH: 0 1 1 1

RH: 0 1 1 0 0

Comments: I hereby welcome myself to the #3 CCS club. I could also whine some over me finding ridiculous reasons to skip bending but I´ll save that for another day.

Well done!! :D Welcome to the #3 CCS Club, next up the Captains of Crush club!

Also, chalk on hub and block makes me lift about 30% more if not more.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 2:47 PM, Lennix said:

Well done!! :D Welcome to the #3 CCS Club, next up the Captains of Crush club!

Also, chalk on hub and block makes me lift about 30% more if not more.

Thanks a lot Captain! Of course the ultimate goal is to be promoted to your rank. At lest I know the feat is possible, but I still have a few miles to go. If I recall correct you did close a #3.5 (175?) or even that bad ass of 186 when you got certified? I don't think I´m close to that. We'll see what 2021 brings..

Since my numbers are really low I actually expected to get a bit more transfer. I've read all from 50-100%. Hopefully there are some more kgs to gain from chalking up both blocks and hands!

15/1

Wristcurl - 

5 set

Platecurl -

3 set

Pronation/Supination levering -

3 set

Extensors

5 set

16/1

DO - Some improvement from last time. No movement at all on blue.

Yellow x 3

Blue x 0

17/1

RH - Lol, didnt move 65 kg or 62,5 kg with first attempt on RH.

LH: 65 kg x 3 3 2 2 2

RH: 60 kg x 1 62,5 kg x 3 1 2 1

DO - High focus on keeping all fingers on wraps, I usually slip with pinkie. Blue was a struggle, first hit to ~50* then no movement at all for some hits and then finally got it. I had to move the wrap a bit out towards the edge.

Yellow x 1

Blue x 1

Reverse curls - 

Comments: I will try to keep up the bending now, at least 2 sessions a week. And I need to learn how to warp and place the wrap properly. Is it possible that wrapping is the best thumb exercise ever? My thumbs are about to explode after a wrap.

4 hours ago, Weakman said:

Thanks a lot Captain! Of course the ultimate goal is to be promoted to your rank. At lest I know the feat is possible, but I still have a few miles to go. If I recall correct you did close a #3.5 (175?) or even that bad ass of 186 when you got certified? I don't think I´m close to that. We'll see what 2021 brings..

Since my numbers are really low I actually expected to get a bit more transfer. I've read all from 50-100%. Hopefully there are some more kgs to gain from chalking up both blocks and hands!

I am not sure if i closed my #3.5 rated 171 before or after the cert but around that. Some time after I closed a 178 rated #3.5. The GG6 rated 184 is easier then a ironmind 3.5 rated 178. Probably easier then the 171 aswell. For me that is since I gain alot of power on a weak sweep. 

I could close a 158 #3 for almost 3 reps before the cert tought so was well prepared. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lennix said:

I am not sure if i closed my #3.5 rated 171 before or after the cert but around that. Some time after I closed a 178 rated #3.5. The GG6 rated 184 is easier then a ironmind 3.5 rated 178. Probably easier then the 171 aswell. For me that is since I gain alot of power on a weak sweep. 

I could close a 158 #3 for almost 3 reps before the cert tought so was well prepared. 

3 consecutive CCS repeats with the 158 ?!😲

25 minutes ago, Maiche 25 said:

3 consecutive CCS repeats with the 158 ?!😲

Well I was totaly wrong, 3 reps was with 146 and 2 reps with 156* 

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2021 at 6:44 PM, Lennix said:

Well I was totaly wrong, 3 reps was with 146 and 2 reps with 156* 

That is really solid! Now I know what to aim for!

On 1/17/2021 at 4:14 PM, Hopefully said:

Congratulations on the ccs close 👍

Thank you! Its a very nice feeling when something far away suddenly get within reach. If you continue your struggle you will also get there, took me 4 years I think from closing it to do the CCS. Keep fighting man! 

Edited by Weakman

19/1

CoC #3.5 (171) - Bah, 3-4 mm still to go and really nothing to complain of. Knurling is fine, spring clean and gripper almost unused. Maybe this year..

LH: 0

RH: 0

CoC #3 (161, filed) 30 mm block - Close, closer not closed. Skipped the block accidentally at one try and damn I was 1 mm from getting the close.  

LH: 0 0

CoC #3 (152) 30 mm block - Close to 4 reps on RH but otherwise a disappointment. Was a bit of a rush.

LH: 1 1 2

RH: 3 2 0

Extensors

5 set

Comments: For now on I will not work anything harder than my #3 (155) in Q1. Trying to build up some reps then that bastard 161 will go down.

Edited by Weakman
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Weakman said:

19/1

CoC #3.5 (171) - Bah, 3-4 mm still to go and really nothing to complain of. Knurling is fine, spring clean and gripper almost unused. Maybe this year..

LH: 0

RH: 0

CoC #3 (161, filed) 30 mm block - Close, closer not closed. Skipped the block accidentally at one try and damn I was 1 mm from getting the close.  

LH: 0 0

CoC #3 (152) 30 mm block - Close to 4 reps on RH but otherwise a disappointment. Was a bit of a rush.

LH: 1 1 2

RH: 3 2 0

Extensors

5 set

Comments: For now on I will not work anything harder than my #3 (155) in Q1. Trying to build up some reps then that bastard 161 will go down.

Why not work on the 171 if your that close? 3-4mm if just a strong day with a lucky set!

20 hours ago, Lennix said:

Why not work on the 171 if your that close? 3-4mm if just a strong day with a lucky set!

I believe my #3 (155) is a bit harder than its rating due to some corrosion on the coil. Due to this I think it is suitable for closing the gap, maybe together with the 161. Even though I'm close I don't think it is within reach in nearby future and I'm afraid of injury by just hitting zeros.

But I usually say one thing and do another, so I might end up doing just that :)

• Like 1

20/1

IM Hub - Slowly it goes.. Short term goal is to get that 20 kg up so I can focus on the RT to make the CTD.

LH: (15 kg x 1 + 12,5 kg x 5) x  3 (16,25 kg x 1 + 12,5 kg x 5) x 1

RH: (15 kg x 1 + 12,5 kg x 5) x  3 (16,25 kg x 1 + 12,5 kg x 5) x 1

Comments:  I would like to get 2 exercises done a day but on lunch training that is pretty hard to fit in. Extensors can be done at home but others are harder. I just cannot get the right mindset to do anything useful off the gym.

21/1

IM Blockbuster - Not getting that increase that I wished for. 

LH: 25 kg x 1  27,5 kg x 0 22,5 kg x 3 3 3

RH: 25 kg x 0 25 kg x 1 22,5 kg x 3 3 3

Extensors

5 set

Comments: I'm gonna reduce frequency with Hub/Pinch starting next week. Maybe bi-weekly sessions on each to get some more time to bend.

22/1

CoC #3 (152) 30 mm block - Don't know why RH sucked so much today. Overall the setting was not good.

LH: 2 2 2 0 1 1 1

RH: 1 1 0 1 1 1 0

Comments: Three days in between since last session with other grip training seems to be too much too handle. More rest and hopefully better session quality.

• Like 1

23/1

FatgripzExtreme - Long time ago. It really killed me.

110 kg x 3 120 kg x 0 1 110 kg x 3 3 3

DU - Lol, forgot what I did. But I did bend.

24/1

Pronation/Supination Levering - Very easy just to get the blood pumping.

10 set

Dynamic Pinch - Also very easy.

3 set

25/1

DO - This was tough. Was supersetting with legs so shouldn't be that hard. Several hits before I even got movement.

Yellow x 2

Comments: Need a day or two off then I hit grippers again!

• Like 1