Gold Nail cert vs CoC#4 cert (ccs)

stranger

Gold Nail cert vs CoC#4 cert  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which certification will happen first?

Bunch of freaks on the Gripboard theses days and I was wondering, which certification will happen first Gold nail of CoC#4?

I've seen video(s) of the Gold Nail being bent but not with IMP's and I've seen the #4 get credit card set but not right out of the package. 

I'm thinking the Gold Nail goes down first but I wanna see the #4 more. 

Wondering what you guys think?

Edited by stranger

If you go by videos alone...Covid is the only reason the Gold Nail hasn't been certed.

Here's one from Alexander and one from Juha.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, anwnate said:

If you go by videos alone...Covid is the only reason the Gold Nail hasn't been certed.

Here's one from Alexander and one from Juha.

Jesus! I've never seen these videos. Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 1

Def the gold nail. We have seen more progress towards it and I hear the new golds are easier while you can still get a monster coc 4 on cert day 

• Like 2

I think Carl Myerscough has a decent chance to cert the #4. He's 208 cm tall and has done the most impressive gripper closes I've ever seen. Closing a 216# rated GHP9 for two reps with 38 mm block set.

With that said, I think he's the only one who is actually close to be able to cert the #4.

For the Gold Nail I would say there's at least two guys now, or maybe three who have a chance at it.

It's difficult to predict which one is going to happen first but if I really had to bet I would say the gold nail. I think both of them will happen within the near future.

• Like 5

I was also going to mention Carl. His amazing GHP 9 certification must be very close to a CoC 4 certification, as long as he doesn't get a monster CoC 4.

• Like 2

Nathan could cert the #4, probably even with a monster #4. 

• Like 4

What would be more impressive,   CCS close GHP 10 or one hand clean and press millennium dumbbell?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Nathan could cert the #4, probably even with a monster #4. 

That would be awesome! I'd like to see him climb the Mashmonster ladder. Maybe be the first to MM9.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chez said:

Def the gold nail. We have seen more progress towards it and I hear the new golds are easier while you can still get a monster coc 4 on cert day 

Do you have any plans on attempting the #4 cert? Maybe after MM8? 

17 minutes ago, stranger said:

That would be awesome! I'd like to see him climb the Mashmonster ladder. Maybe be the first to MM9.

Is there a MM10? Where do you get MM grippers from to start climbing the ladder?

Slightly off topic, but I will vote too:

Here is my question:

With all the apparent (yet unofficial) variation in the Recent Red Nails and Gold Nails; and because Milo magazine no longer puts the picture of the red nail bender in the magazine, Why are we keeping that cert relevant?

but I think the Gold will fall first.

29 minutes ago, stranger said:

Do you have any plans on attempting the #4 cert? Maybe after MM8? 

I’m too far away to think about it. I’m focusing on the mm ladder though. Want to cert the 3.5 after the mm8. I signed up for the 3.5 previously but had to cancel when I got injured 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Is there a MM10? Where do you get MM grippers from to start climbing the ladder?

All the info is on the 'Gripboard Mashmonster ' section. MM9&10 are beef builder Pros with different mounts. 

19 minutes ago, richcottrell said:

Slightly off topic, but I will vote too:

Here is my question:

With all the apparent (yet unofficial) variation in the Recent Red Nails and Gold Nails; and because Milo magazine no longer puts the picture of the red nail bender in the magazine, Why are we keeping that cert relevant?

but I think the Gold will fall first.

Kinda makes sense since the grippers vary too lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Carl Myerscough has a decent chance to cert the #4. He's 208 cm tall and has done the most impressive gripper closes I've ever seen. Closing a 216# rated GHP9 for two reps with 38 mm block set.

I wish he had a bigger presence on social media...or at least more braggadocious (take a page out of the rest of our books). He is the strongest gripper closer by a large margin in my opinion. If not for COVID, I believe he would have already certified on the 4.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

I wish he had a bigger presence on social media...or at least more braggadocious (take a page out of the rest of our books). He is the strongest gripper closer by a large margin in my opinion. If not for COVID, I believe he would have already certified on the 4.

Stronger than Nathan? Holle has done some crazy closes, claims a Tetting pro and GHP 10 close

17 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XxQjiaLsOFM_V7qgfRhaB8DoUrvnk-A8/view?usp=drivesdk

Found the link to his 3.5 cert

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Stronger than Nathan? Holle has done some crazy closes, claims a Tetting pro and GHP 10 close

Nathan is strong, personally I think Carl is the best right now. I haven’t seen anybody else rep a rated gripper as hard as 216.

13 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Nathan is strong, personally I think Carl is the best right now. I haven’t seen anybody else rep a rated gripper as hard as 216.

This is insane! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stranger said:

This is insane

Pretty outrageous 

Carl might be the strongest at the moment but I think full strength Nathan is stronger. Seems like Nathan has had bad luck with injuries lately and is trying to get back to where he was.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anemptybox said:

Carl might be the strongest at the moment but I think full strength Nathan is stronger. Seems like Nathan has had bad luck with injuries lately and is trying to get back to where he was.

Nathan has closed over 40 #4 grippers. Full strength Nathan has also lifted the millennium dumbbell.

• Like 2

I certainly wouldnt say golds are getting easier.  I know there was some stock that came out lighter, but that was a fluke.  It wouldnt be fair to the first person to cert on the gold to cheapen that achievement by saying it was an easier bar.   With that being said, I know there is a tight race to the gold currently, cant wait to see who does it first.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Nathan has closed over 40 #4 grippers. Full strength Nathan has also lifted the millennium dumbbell.

I'm surprised no one mentioned David yet. This is who I was thinking about with being right on the cusp of certifying. @SeNoLD

• Like 1