• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom of Iowa2

• OldGuy

• Dan Cenidoza

• mobsterone

I wonder what the experiment would do on the grippers, blob, inch etc...

In four more weeks we shall see...

Fight karelin?

Pitch a 100mph fastball?

Jump above the rim,switch hands and slam dunk?

Strike terror in the hearts of quarterbacks?

Drive it 320 yards and get it on the green?

Or close the #4? :laugh:laugh

You've been holding out on us?You've signed a contract with the NFL....? :whacked

Good luck on whatever.

I wonder what the experiment would do on the grippers, blob,  inch etc...

Ya gotta figure if a farm boy like Josh bigger can DEADlift an INCH or shut a #3 a beast like karelin -who's strength IS his 'strength'..and is strong enough to strike fear in other World Class wrestlers(a TOUGH sport full of very large strong men) that he would likely do ok?

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

Knowing Steve, he is planning on holding a grip seminar, and at the same time deadlifting two millennium bells. Then closing a #4 and lifting 301 lbs on the RT. Time permitting he will also bend 2 red nails and put the Weaver stick record beyond anyones reach. :tongue We shall all know in 4 weeks.

OldGuy,

Thanks for clearing up Mobster's reference.

I had thought it to refer to the judge's decision when Mob

had asked for leniency at the sentencing a month hence,

and that Mob was quoting from the transcript. Oops.

Good Lord?!I've seen most available pics of Karelin but not that one :ohmy yes i will try to enlarge that and print it out and post it in the martial arts room.No wonder other WORLD class athletes would just quit...in a sport where there is(was)no quitting :whistel To gut wrench and toss a man of that size IS impossible...for ANYONE....ANYONE but karelin.

He IS a monster.

yes I've been a long time fan of Karelin also.My coach/friend/mentor has old tapes of Karelins training.Trudgeing through knee deep snow,etc.Another more recent tape of him doing summer saults in a circle like a 150lb gymnast would.Also doing flat footed front flip.

I've read he has done power cleans with 400 and benched 200 kilos(440lbs)for reps all this while still in shape enough to run for miles.He also boxed for a short while in his teens.His hands/feet/wrist ankles are just huge and his quad /ham/calf developement is just sick.I don't think there has EVER been an athlete to dominate a combat sport as completely as karelin(despite the one penalty point that was 'scored'against him in the olympics).........as an Iowan..i'd have to say...even Dan Gables history pales when compared to this monster.(ouch that was hard to say :cry )

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

I know we are tlaking about Size and strength, but Dan Gable Had some crazy Training. I Beleive (Don't Quote me) He trained 4 years straight with no breaks. But That man Karelin. He is a monster, no doupt. He's trully taken full advantage of his genetics.

I know we are tlaking about Size and strength, but Dan Gable Had some crazy Training. I Beleive (Don't Quote me) He trained 4 years straight with no breaks. But That man Karelin. He is a monster, no doupt. He's trully taken full advantage of his genetics.

Yes...as i said it was..gulp..hard to say that.... as Gable is one of the best ..ever.Gable is one of my heroes.

And probably?had less going on 'genetically' than karelin.

Just speaking of the way karelin has just totally dominated for over 10plus years...with(would have to look this up)only 1 or 2?points EVER scored against him...and those being penalty points from HIS (slight)errors.It is hard NOT to make a mistake in wrestling...

It would like being(sort of) the undefeated heavyweight boxing champion of the world and defending this title over and over again against LEGITIMATE contenders and NEVER losing a fight or even a round for over 10 years???

That and as a true super heavy weight Karelins power and useable strength is a match for anyone and as a Superheavy?that means he can 'beat'all the smaller guys quite handily where as Gable,by being at a lighter weight..dominated his chosen weight class(es)but -of course-could not defeat larger men...Karelin..basically??one of the baddest men on earth?and strongest(not in the weight room-ok)men on earth..maybe ?ever?

Tom,

Read the book Blue Blood On The Mat , i think you'll enjoy it !!

They talk about an Alaskan fighter called Jack Sherry , the author thinks he was one of the strongest men of modern times.

He put a challenge out to the whole world that he could pin anybody in under 100 seconds including Jack Dempsey the heavyweight world champion.

Jack Sherry was kind of the first ultimate fighting champion and by the sound of it had one of the greatest grips also.

I think what Chris was saying is that Jack Sherry was the first no holds barred 'type' fighter.........Chris said "kind of an ultimate fighting champion"which indicates he meant the term sort of loosely.

jack Dempsey was Born in 1895 and won his first world championship against Jess Willard...........in 1919....so that was a bit before Gracies time. :D

Chris,Yes i'd like to read that book.I'm sure it would be intersting...I just read 'Inside the Lions Den'.......for the 50th time and although I'm sure it is full of inaccuracies? it raises my motivation to work out- each time. :cool

I'm currently reading(again)Brother Iron Sister Steel...by Dave Draper.Great read and Draper had some healthy looking 'mits'and forearms.Had a tough and almost tragic life but perservered.Also somewhat inspirational.

www.davedraper.com

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

Tom whats Inside the Lions Den about?

I think Karelin needs a rabies shot! :tongue

If I woke up in a ring with him and had a sidearm with a single bullet... :ohmy

I would use it! As in... on myself just in case I missed him or if the damn load bounced off him. He probably could tear a man apart piece by piece!

Simply put: That dude is scary and I haven't seen many scary dudes either in my life and travels. :rock