Home gym coming along. Pics

king crusher

The misc forum was taken away so here are a few updated pics.  Complete power rack and gripper caddy among other things. Mounted a TV on a nice swivel and tilting/telescoping mount from harbor freight.  Only 13.00 highly recommended. 

Have a Texas power bar on order and always looking out for plates.

Hoping by fall I have almost all I need.

20200730_161338.jpg

20200730_161321.jpg

20200730_161038.jpg

• Like 14

On 7/30/2020 at 5:21 PM, king crusher said:

The misc forum was taken away so here are a few updated pics.  Complete power rack and gripper caddy among other things. Mounted a TV on a nice swivel and tilting/telescoping mount from harbor freight.  Only 13.00 highly recommended. 

Have a Texas power bar on order and always looking out for plates.

Hoping by fall I have almost all I need.

20200730_161338.jpg

20200730_161321.jpg

20200730_161038.jpg

Looking awesome dude 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Chez said:

Looking awesome dude 

Will look awesome-er with a Texas power bar in the rack but judging by timeframes I'm hoping by Halloween.  Yikes. 

• Sad 1

I like the use of color.   

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, richcottrell said:

I like the use of color.   

I was thinking red would be good to brighten it up and I let one of my kids pic the actual shade. 

Asked home depot for the very cheapest gallon available.  14.99

• 4 weeks later...

Decided I will be expanding the size of my gym and eventually dropping gym membership.  Plus, the bigger the home gym, the cheaper it will be to finish the rest of the basement haha right.

Also decided I wanted to stain all the wood black. It turned out excellent.  Because I used brown first, and even after about 10 coats of black, the brown can still show through just a bit in the grain so up close it looks awesome. 

Never worked so hard in a power rack without lifting any weight!! Ha

Found a deal too good to pass up on a gym level commercial Precor cross ramp trainer, so that has been added too.

The gym will extend all the way back to the pole closest to the camera.  

I also built a corner mounted two shelf catch all over by the gripper rack. It takes up no usable space but holds all my gym accessories and a little shelf next to the cross ramp trainer for a big water bottle,  phone etc

20200826_084515.jpg

20200826_084451.jpg

20200826_084421.jpg

20200826_084056.jpg

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Do you have plans for your Rack? Looks awesome I am building a garage at the moment and will probably build a rack like this one!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eman said:

Do you have plans for your Rack? Looks awesome I am building a garage at the moment and will probably build a rack like this one!

I use it for mainly the high and low pulley set up I built right now but will use it for bench and squat once I finally get my barbell and some more plates.  I've also done pull ups on it.

Post up some pics when you build it! 

• 4 weeks later...

So I have 195lb of plates now. When I finally get my Texas power bar I'll be able to actually use it. Only 240lbs but that will do for higher rep work.

The local play it again Is trying to charge 1.80/lb, so 81.00 for a new cap 45. No way I'm paying that price,  that's what rogue charges for their milled plates. I'll wait til those are in stock or a better deal comes around. 

Just got these delivered yesterday from ups. I'm pretty impressed by the quality and heft of these! 

Sorinex recon lite bumpers. 

They are made in the USA too. They are wide (3.75")and because they are new, a bit greasy (rubber of course) so they could be used for thick plate pinching for time, for me anyway,  not thick bar monsters. 

They are tough to pinch. Now maybe with chalk and when they lose the greasy feel, they will be easy but for now it's doable but still takes effort. 

20200917_213635.jpg

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 2

Also found a couple mirrors for free locally and made a frame for them. Turned out good.

I would have framed up a wall for the gym already but they want gold prices for 2x4 studs right now, just like weights, so I'll be waiting.  

20200915_123828.jpg

• Haha 1

Lat pulldowns with some weight finally.  Very smooth and can actually do them inside the rack too if I move the pulleys to the middle and back mounts. Right now they are in the front and middle locations.  It will allow for a more vertical pull.

• Like 2

Very nice set-up. Once you get your Oly barbell adjust where you want it in rack, add weight and it will hold you down when doing pulldowns. If not totally comfortable wrap a towel to get it to your liking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

Very nice set-up. Once you get your Oly barbell adjust where you want it in rack, add weight and it will hold you down when doing pulldowns. If not totally comfortable wrap a towel to get it to your liking. 

That's actually a awesome idea I will use that! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My Texas power bar has arrived in perfect condition! What a beauty. 

I will toss a few pounds on it tomorrow for some squat testing.

Took 1 day shy of 3mo which is longer than the original estimate but I'm not a lil biach and realize there are bigger things people could be worrying about. Just glad it came completely perfect.

20201022_114622.jpg

20201022_120345.jpg

20201022_120413.jpg

20201022_120435.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So got an email from rogue today that their deep dish plates are in stock. They look pretty cool and old school and are made in Michigan! So I ordered a pair. Was gonna order more but the shipping costs get insane. So one pair will get ne to a total of 330lbs on the bar. Plenty for any of the big lifts for me right now except deadlifts but that's okay I have the commercial gym still.

This will be a lot better than only 240lbs. And as an added bonus,  I could work up to try to pinch these, doubtful but ya never know they are like old york plates I believe.  They are 1.97" wide.

Here they are if anyone needs plates

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-deep-dish-plates

• Like 1

• 9 months later...