Gripboard Axle strict curl contest... Reward!

Durrs

1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

Wrong climber haha, there's no way Chris would get double digits on this lift. 

Oh my bad lol, I thought that sounded low for him.  But the sentiment remains - I think I could outdo you for lowest on this.  I'd probably have trouble with just the bar!

Alright so here’s a video from today when I had a partner to film it. Was able to get 153 on the Titan axle bar I linked to earlier in the thread, the bar weighs 23 pounds and I had two 45s and four tens.

Definitely a fun challenge and the only strict curl experience I had previous was watching a video of Denis Cyplenkov (spelling?) break the world record on a EZ curl bar. It’s something I’ll add in occasionally to my workouts even after the challenge is over to make sure I’m really isolating and not cheating. Curious to see what the rest of the month holds in store.

• Like 3

Joining the fun! 

Sorry, didn't mention the competition nor did I do the math on camera. 😅 Kinda forgot everything in the process. Oh well enjoy my war face atleast! 

That's an Ironmind Axle with 15kg+10kg+5kg Leoko plates. 

Edited by Mywor
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mywor said:

Joining the fun! 

Sorry, didn't mention the competition nor did I do the math on camera. 😅 Kinda forgot everything in the process. Oh well enjoy my war face atleast! 

Huge Strict curl Jesse! 

10 hours ago, Mywor said:

Joining the fun! 

Damn, I thought that my 153 pound lift would’ve kept the lead longer than a couple hours 😂

Nice one.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Durrs said:

140 strict today (up another 2 lbs)

Durry, that was very impressive. It looked easier than your 138 strict curl last week!! 

• Like 1

Submission #3 - 131 lbs IM axle strict curl. Worked on some partials in last week and it helped.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Durrs said:

@Kluv#0 That's what I'm FKN talking about! Hell yeah! Told you we we're just getting warmed uP!

Thank you Durry. Iam trying hard but still seeing this image below!

Last place Mario meme Best Memes, Dankest Memes, Funny Memes, Jokes, Mario Party, My Demons, Meme Lord, Me Too Meme, It Goes On

6 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thank you Durry. Iam trying hard but still seeing this image below!

Last place Mario meme Best Memes, Dankest Memes, Funny Memes, Jokes, Mario Party, My Demons, Meme Lord, Me Too Meme, It Goes On

Not any more!

• Like 1

Here is my attempt:  118lbs. (or 120?)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Buccos1 said:

Here is my attempt:  118lbs. (or 120?)

Strong strict curl! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Strong strict curl! 

59 minutes ago, Durrs said:

@Buccos1 Great work man. 

Thanks guys!  To both of you too.  Way harder than I ever though with adding this element to a curl.

• Like 3

We didn’t get a chance to try this at mTim’s training session but I’m going to give it a go Wednesday with fat grip attachments cause I don’t own an axle. Just had my strongest biceps session in a while so I’m curious where I am at 

• Like 3

I'm taking a week off heavy straight bar curls to give the old elbows a break but I'll be back next week with a 145 attempt the poundage to beat right now is 165# by @Mywor

Edited by Durrs
  • Like 1

Dude, I am incapable of gripping the axle supinated. Would have loved to try it if I could though.

• Haha 1

dammit. I started to curl and the camera crapped out. Got 135 pretty solid. I was going to try 145 next but video wasn't working. I will try again next week and make sure the camera is good. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Durrs said:

141 pound GRINDER today I think I'll leave it at this. One week left to beat 165# by @Mywor for anyone!

Durry, excellent determination! 141 lb. strict curl is large on IM axle! 

• Like 1