Closing the GHP Level 4

Emmanouil Marizas

I can close my GHP Level 4 gripper,which is rated at 95lbs, for 10 easy reps. Should i move to Level 6 or it will be too much? Any thoughts?

You're going to hate this answer... but everyone is different.

My gut reaction is that you definitely want a gripper between Level 4 and 6.  

Comparing this to IronMind, I have seen people who could close a #1 for 10 reps and could not close the #2.  But in this case, the GHP 6 is actually like a hard #2.5.  So that's a huge gap.  

Ideally you would have something around the GHP 5 and would be closing that for 10 reps to have a decent shot at the GHP 6.  

Short story: I definitely recommend something between those two grippers.  Maybe an IronMind #2, GHP 5, or Grip Genie 4.

• Like 3

On 7/21/2020 at 12:03 AM, Cannon said:

You're going to hate this answer... but everyone is different.

My gut reaction is that you definitely want a gripper between Level 4 and 6.  

Comparing this to IronMind, I have seen people who could close a #1 for 10 reps and could not close the #2.  But in this case, the GHP 6 is actually like a hard #2.5.  So that's a huge gap.  

Ideally you would have something around the GHP 5 and would be closing that for 10 reps to have a decent shot at the GHP 6.  

Short story: I definitely recommend something between those two grippers.  Maybe an IronMind #2, GHP 5, or Grip Genie 4.

Thank you very much for your reply! Interesting info 💪

• 2 years later...

I know this is a 3 year old thread but if you don't have a bridge gripper, I would still get the GHP5. Cause going from 4 to 6 is like a 40 RGC jump. Bridge grippers aside the GHP5 would also be useful to maintain being used to their dimensions as you train heavier. I've never tried a GHP4 but I think they're close to CoC 1.5 which is relatively easy if you train grippers a lot