6.5" 10.9 Bolt and 7.5" Shiny Square

vikingsrule92

Good afternoon GB! This morning I was the first to bend a 6.5" 10.9 Bolt for Horrido's bending site. I'm calling my shot that the 6 will be done before the end of July. Honestly it might be done within a week. Also got a 7.5" Shiny Square from FBBC. I was GASSED (and sweating like a priest at an elementary school) by this point of the workout so it took a little longer than it should have. It was barely inside of 5 minutes depending on where you count my first hit. Let me know what you think!

• Like 6

Huge bends! How would you compare the 10.9 to a grade 8, fairly similar? What is the shortest 10.9 anyone has done?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Huge bends! How would you compare the 10.9 to a grade 8, fairly similar? What is the shortest 10.9 anyone has done?

Thanks Don!!

To me the 10.9 feels a little bit harder but not substantially. For reference I barely finished the 6" G8 about two weeks ago. I tried the 6" 10.9 after the 6.5" and got it to 2.25". Part of the reason for that failure (in my mind) was the heat and me not being hydrated enough. I'm not sure if anyone has ever calibrated one in the American system but my guess is it would be upper 600s at 7". The G8 tends to be 665 so I'd guess a 10.9 would be around 680-690. The 10.9 at full length is about 7.1" so you'd have to cut it slightly to compare apples to apples. The 10.9 is DEFINITELY a springier crush than the G8 inch for inch.

According to @Horrido there has only been one other to do a 6.5" 10.9 and that is Alex Klimovich. No one has done a 6" to my knowledge ... yet.

• Like 2

Again! Really awesome bends, Derek!

Great to see and I can't even wait for the 6" 10.9! You will smash it, for sure!

• Like 1

Great bends!

I've bend 6.5" and use 1,25" single suede wraps. For me grade 8 was harder to bend, only able to kink it in singles 🙄. I think I still have video on my PC on it. Lot's of bend I ever load on YT. 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 1:35 AM, Juha Lehtimäki said:

Great bends!

I've bend 6.5" and use 1,25" single suede wraps. For me grade 8 was harder to bend, only able to kink it in singles 🙄. I think I still have video on my PC on it. Lot's of bend I ever load on YT. 

That's STRONG!! So you bent a 6.5" 10.9 but never a G8 at all?? That's surprising to me. But when I think back I do feel like the G8 has a bit harder kink and the 10.9 has a harder crush. But I've never bent them same workout so I'm not positive.

On 7/16/2020 at 12:37 AM, Horrido said:

Again! Really awesome bends, Derek!

Great to see and I can't even wait for the 6" 10.9! You will smash it, for sure!

Thank you Jan! Can't wait to try it fresh!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikingsrule92 said:

That's STRONG!! So you bent a 6.5" 10.9 but never a G8 at all?? That's surprising to me. But when I think back I do feel like the G8 has a bit harder kink and the 10.9 has a harder crush. But I've never bent them same workout so I'm not positive.

Kink with singles and crush with dbl wraps. I don't have much FBBC bars, so expensive to order here 😬. Was never "good" with shorter than 7" bars. 7" or 8" was my favorite and also I like to bend singles or IMP's. Maybe also like pain a little bit. 😁 Keep up the good work and maybe you guys see my comeback for the last time! 😅

• Like 5