Road to the CoC #3

AvgJo

Wow! Your making great progress 150 rgc feels like a brick to me right now and I'm lucky to make 1-2mm progress a month.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AvgJo said:

07/10/2020

Grip:

All MMS or a bit wider:
Cheap grippers 3x10

GHP 4 1 close
GHP 5 1 close
210H 1 close
CoC #3 2 attempts
GHP block set each rep:

GHP 5 3,3,3 closes
Plate curls 3x12 at 5kg

Thumbless EZ bar reverse curls 3x8 at 35kg

FBW B:

A1:HS 8 sets + HSPU eccentrics 3x2 (3" ecc)
A2:Grippers 8 sets
B:Chinups 3x5 at 20kg
C1-3:Dips, facepulls, inv. rows 3 rounds
D1-3:Plate curls, reverse curls, BW tricep ext. 3 rounds
E1-2:Box pistol SQs, HKRs 3 sets

Probably my best attempts so far with the #3, I think attempt 2 was better. Pretty happy with the progress I've been making, hopefully it keeps going and I can get that #3 closed soon! Videos below:

Looking good man. Getting pretty close now.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

No idea :D 

Oh, do you like Snooker? Lots of great players from Scotland. 

Sorry to disappoint but I've never been into snooker haha. I've got a friend who's really into it though.

1 minute ago, Nuttgens said:

Looking good man. Getting pretty close now.

Thanks man. You are too. I can't tell which 1 of us will get it first 😄

Just now, AvgJo said:

Thanks man. You are too. I can't tell which 1 of us will get it first 😄

This Sunday I am gonna give my 3 a couple attempts from a deep set I’ll throw up a video. Who knows maybe that’ll be the day.

4 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

And also, I got some whiskey from Edinburg castle a year ago or so. Was awesome. 

Currently in Edinburgh now 🙂 I'm into my single malts too 😎 

2 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

This Sunday I am gonna give my 3 a couple attempts from a deep set I’ll throw up a video. Who knows maybe that’ll be the day.

Yea I was just going to say I think from a deep set you got it man. I'll be looking out on Sunday 💪

3 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Yeah :) saw your posts on ig. 

What posts on IG? I don't have any 😄 maybe mistaking me for some other whisky connoisseur lol

14 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Yeah :) saw your posts on ig. 

Ah I think you got me mixed up with 'justyouraveragegripster'. I just seen he is in Edinburgh visiting. He is @mcalpine1986 on here haha. I live in Edinburgh :) 

1 minute ago, Hopefully said:

Lol that is just some legendary coincidence!! There’s a user here/there who posts pictures of the castle, thought it'd just got to be you 😅 wonder who it is then 🤔

Yea that is a pretty funny coincidence lol. I was like what the?..

1 minute ago, Hopefully said:

So now I have to reevaluate my perception of who you are 🤔 what a pain 

LOL. Did you not notice that Mcalpine has a shaved head on IG and I have hair in my attempt vids? I put a wig on to boost my strength level 😆

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Dude I look at the gripper not the head of the person in question, that would be weird. Like on girls booty posts. 

Fair point :D Oh well, now you know who's who :) 

09/10/2020

Grip:

GHP 5 6,5,5 closes (GHP block set each rep)
Plate curls 3x5 at 10kg

FBW A:
A1-2:HSPU 3" ecc. 3x3, Grippers
B:Chinups 3x5 at 20kg
C1-2:Dips 3x10 at 10kg, Scapula pulls
D:Plate curls 3x5 at 10kg
E1-2: Box PSQs 3x5, HKRs 3x12

Grippers feeling good with rep work. I'm sticking with grippers and plate curls for now, no pinching or thick bar. Probably do plate curls 1-3 times per week, just when I feel, definitely a weak area for me. Starting to add weight next week to the chinups.

Edited by AvgJo

10/10/20

Grip:

All MMS or a bit wider:
GHP 4 1 close
CoC #2 1 close
CoC #2.5 1 close
CoC #3 2 attempts
210H 1 close
CoC #2.5 1x2 closes
210H 1 close
CoC #2 1x5 closes
GHP 4 1x8 closes
Plate curls 3x5 at 10kg

I was bored so decided to do some grip stuff. I’m starting a diet on Monday as I’m done with bulking. My body is asking for more cardio and better food as I’m just tired and lazy all the time. I hope dieting won’t make me too much weaker on grippers but I know it most likely will. Starting weight 93.5kg - hopefully get down to mid 80s and get that one arm chinup faster.

Edited by AvgJo
  • Like 1

12/10/20

Grip:

All MMS or a bit wider:
GHP 4 1x5 closes
CoC #2 1x3 closes
CoC #2.5 1 close
CoC #3 2 attempts
GHP block set each rep:
GHP 5 5,4,3 closes

FBW:
A1-2:Wall HSPUs 3x1.5, Grippers
B:Chinups at 20.5kg 6,5,5
C1:Dips at 15kg 8,8,8
C2:1A scapula pulls +holds 3x3 (~4" holds)
D1-3:Biceps, triceps, plate curls 3 rounds
E1-2:PSQ ecc. 3x3, HKRs 3x12

Closest attempts yet with the #3.

Edited by AvgJo
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, AvgJo said:

12/10/20

Grip:

All MMS or a bit wider:
GHP 4 1x5 closes
CoC #2 1x3 closes
CoC #2.5 1 close
CoC #3 2 attempts
GHP block set each rep:
GHP 5 5,4,3 closes

FBW:
A1:Wall HSPU 3x1.5
A2:Grippers
C2:1A scapula pulls 3 sets

Nice work. You are so close man, you are gonna get that 3 really soon 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AvgJo said:

12/10/20

Grip:

All MMS or a bit wider:
GHP 4 1x5 closes
CoC #2 1x3 closes
CoC #2.5 1 close
CoC #3 2 attempts
GHP block set each rep:
GHP 5 5,4,3 closes

FBW:
A1-2:Wall HSPUs 3x1.5, Grippers
C2:1A scapula pulls +holds 3x3 (~4" holds)

It’s yours very soon!

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2020 at 2:17 PM, AvgJo said:

10/10/20

Grip:

All MMS or a bit wider:
GHP 4 1 close
CoC #2 1 close
CoC #2.5 1 close
CoC #3 2 attempts
210H 1 close
CoC #2.5 1x2 closes
210H 1 close
CoC #2 1x5 closes
GHP 4 1x8 closes
Plate curls 3x5 at 10kg

I was bored so decided to do some grip stuff. I’m starting a diet on Monday as I’m done with bulking. My body is asking for more cardio and better food as I’m just tired and lazy all the time. I hope dieting won’t make me too much weaker on grippers but I know it most likely will. Starting weight 93.5kg - hopefully get down to mid 80s and get that one arm chinup faster.

Solid work. Good plate curl volume. Id recommend sticking with the 10kg until you can do sets of 10 before i creasing. Itll gives your tendons a chance to get used to the stress.

9 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Solid work. Good plate curl volume. Id recommend sticking with the 10kg until you can do sets of 10 before i creasing. Itll gives your tendons a chance to get used to the stress.

I realised that I suck at the plate curls with 10kg because my plate is a bit weird for my hand. It has a big lip on the outside rim and also a raised bit around the hole in middle, it means my fingers are in an awkward bent backwards/banana shape the whole time haha. I’m making do with it for now though. Can’t go buying any more equipment at the minute or the mrs will go nuts 🙄

Edited by AvgJo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AvgJo said:

I realised that I suck at the plate curls with 10kg because my plate is a bit weird for my hand. It has a big lip on the outside rim and also a raised bit around the hole in middle, it means my fingers are in an awkward bent backwards/banana shape the whole time haha. I’m making do with it for now though. Can’t go buying any more equipment at the minute or the mrs will go nuts 🙄

Is it like that both sides? Im guessing its a standard plate not olympic. 

Makes it a bit tougher by the sounds of it but your fingers and wrists will get used to it. 

3 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Is it like that both sides? Im guessing its a standard plate not olympic. 

Makes it a bit tougher by the sounds of it but your fingers and wrists will get used to it. 

Yea both sides unfortunately.

9E4E7B95-48B4-4E21-BB5E-1B23D3965557.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AvgJo said:

Yea both sides unfortunately.

9E4E7B95-48B4-4E21-BB5E-1B23D3965557.png

Ive used that type before. Not too bad, Just keep at it. Thats the main thing, In time the 10 will feel light. 

1 minute ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Ive used that type before. Not too bad, Just keep at it. Thats the main thing, In time the 10 will feel light. 

Yea I wouldn't say it feels heavy, it's just awkward haha. How's your #2.5 coming along btw?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvgJo said:

Yea I wouldn't say it feels heavy, it's just awkward haha. How's your #2.5 coming along btw?

Yes they are an awkward movement. Ive not tried for a while tbh as i know i need to do lighter work to gain the strength to close it. 

I havent trained grippers much lately. I do like grippers but they are my least fave aspect of grip, also they take a lot of finger recovery and dont carryover much to other lifts. Now ive got weights ill be doing way more stuff than grippers. Ive just ordered a loading pin so goinh to do some RT hub amd blockbuster pinch when it arrives. 

6 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Yes they are an awkward movement. Ive not tried for a while tbh as i know i need to do lighter work to gain the strength to close it. 

I havent trained grippers much lately. I do like grippers but they are my least fave aspect of grip, also they take a lot of finger recovery and dont carryover much to other lifts. Now ive got weights ill be doing way more stuff than grippers. Ive just ordered a loading pin so goinh to do some RT hub amd blockbuster pinch when it arrives. 

Too awkward with my plate unfortunately, I just don't want my fingers hyper extending the way they do for no reason, already getting beat up enough with grippers lol. Apart from that, plate curls are great with flat plates. That's a shame with your grippers man. I thought you were buzzing to work towards the #3 close and everything, big into the RGCs too. I might take a break from grippers after I close the #3 and focus on some other grip aspect. I'd love to work on axle deadlifts if I had the setup.

• Like 1