Question for those who have lifted the Blob

Fist of Fury

Blob  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How long did it take for you to lift the Blob?

• Less than 6 months
    • 6-12 months
    • 1-2 years
    • 2-5 years
    • More than 5 years
    • More than 10 years

Sorry if this has been asked before. Really couldn't find anything, impossible to search on this new forum :blink

I know this has been discussed for grippers. I'm really curious to know how long it took for you to complete a full deadlift of the Blob. (Half 100# or bigger).

Please take the poll and if you have the time write something about your training for it.

A Blob50 took me maybe 1-2 years (don't remember exactly) but a slippery Fatman can be a complete different animal. I haven't lift mine in more than 10 years (I didn't train blob all the time but... nobody has lifted it yet).  The surface makes the difference. 

• Thanks 1

I lifted an actual 50# Blob the first time I touched one (not a Fatman) - but I had put in a lot of work with different block weights - smaller Blobs and a shot loaded Blob replica - I simply never had my own actual one to try for a long time.  I can't say a time frame to go to the Fatman but I know it took a while and i never did get where it was an every time kind of lift for me.

My hands are 7 5/8" - but I think it's more that my thumb doesn't "oppose" my fingers more so than the hand measurement itself.  Like about everything - it just takes consistent work and having the real implement to train on is a huge thing but not absolutely necessary.

• Like 1

Lifted it (after several attempts)  the first time I encountered one. 

I put my "success" down to hand size, decent thumb strength, and plenty of pinch training beforehand.  Frankly I remember being quite surprised I managed to lift it - as it was during and after competing in a grip comp !!!

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, it was about 2-3 years.  Never really had access to one except after a contest or something.  As usual, the first time I lifted the implement was at @Jedd Johnson's with him screaming in my face not to be a pu$$y.  Same way I bent a bastard the first time I touched one.  Same way I lifted a Fatman for the first time.  Same way... you get the point.  😄

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 2

I tried one at Iron Island and couldn’t lift it.  I got a 50lb hex blob and trained with it for awhile, not sure how long.  I lifted the blob the next time I touched one and got another crack at the one from Iron Island and lifted it too. 

• Like 1

Lifted it (50 lb)first day (full erect lift) I ever saw a blob (after quite a few unsuccessful attempts the same day). It was after we had just finished the 2006 Australian grip championship (witnessed by eg Nick McKinless). Pretty sure there is a video on the GB somewhere. I attribute my success to having trained at a fairly wide setting (64mm) on the Euro pinch set up. Wide pinching has always been my pet lift.

Edited by Mikael Siversson
  • Like 1