Finally closed the #3

Shal9097

After a year of training, with an 8 month gap in the middle that I took off, I finally closed my light COC #3 MMS. It’s rated at 143 by CPW

Edited by Shal9097
  • Like 16

Congrats!! Big milestone!

What a cool moment.  Congrats!

2 hours ago, Shal9097 said:

After a year of training, with an 8 month gap in the middle that I took off, I finally closed my light COC #3 MMS. It’s rated at 143 by CPW

Congrats! Took me a while to close my #3, it’s a great feeling to see commitment pay off. Don’t stop there... keep going! Congrats again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hopefully said:

So, did playing with wrist angles give you anything? 

When I tried it with a gripper in my hand I realized that I’ve been positioning my wrist that way naturally this whole time because that’s what feels best. 

17 hours ago, Shal9097 said:

Good work man! 

The thing that’s helped me progress the most in all honesty has been kettlebell swings. About two months ago I actually put grippers on hold and started doing 300-500 swings almost every day with 28kg and 44kg bells. When I started I could only close a 2.5 rated at 127 for one single. After a couple of weeks of swings I gave that gripper a try and it was easy. So I tried my next two grippers up and they were both fairly easy landing on my rb240 rated at 134. Since then I’ve tested grippers once a week and every time I do the next gripper gets a little easier. A week or so ago I closed my hg 300 and yesterday I closed my 143 rated #3. A 16# jump in two months

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting about the kettlebell training. I’ve been taking time off of grippers for a while because of an injury and just been focusing on KBs, pinch , and thickbar training so I’m curious what the carryover will be