Riccardo Magni, Level 2

Cannon

Look at Riccardo climbing the ladder! 

Gripper will be shipped and received to facilitate the attempt on 7/11

Maybe some guys on the list can give you some tips on what to expect: @Stephen Anderson @SeNoLD @anwnate @Chez @John McCarter @Mike Rinderle.  Obviously anyone can weigh in, I just tagged some people who came to mind.  The MM2 has stopped a lot of people seeings as how there are 117 MM1 and only 62 MM2.  

Best of strength!  

• Like 2

Since Iam the oldest to ever cert on MM2 (51 years 8 months) I will chime in. First of all, Riccardo you will do it. The sweep is much harder than MM1 and roughly 162-164 ish gripper. Best of luck Iam pulling for you!

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Thanks 1

Yep. Set and sweep are harder then the MM1 cause the MM1 has an unusually soft spongy set and sweep so hit it hard right out the gate and make sure to properly warm up. You got this! Kill it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry if my question seems very obvious to you but for the MASH MONSTER certifications is it always the same gripper or are there several grippers which are sent randomly and of which we do not know the RGC exactly just an approximation? In fact I tell myself that if there is only one gripper for each certification since the time someone would have had the gripper tested and that its precise RGC would be known ... But maybe is it prohibited? I haven't seen that in the rules.

4 minutes ago, Maiche 25 said:

Sorry if my question seems very obvious to you but for the MASH MONSTER certifications is it always the same gripper or are there several grippers which are sent randomly and of which we do not know the RGC exactly just an approximation? In fact I tell myself that if there is only one gripper for each certification since the time someone would have had the gripper tested and that its precise RGC would be known ... But maybe is it prohibited? I haven't seen that in the rules.

Yes, for each level the same gripper is shipped all over the world.  Each person at every level has closed the exact same gripper.  

We do not allow individuals to rate the Mash Monster grippers, but there are well-known approximations from those who have closed the grippers and also train extensively with rated grippers.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cannon said:

Look at Riccardo climbing the ladder! 

Gripper will be shipped and received to facilitate the attempt on 7/11

Maybe some guys on the list can give you some tips on what to expect: @Stephen Anderson @SeNoLD @anwnate @Chez @John McCarter @Mike Rinderle.  Obviously anyone can weigh in, I just tagged some people who came to mind.  The MM2 has stopped a lot of people seeings as how there are 117 MM1 and only 62 MM2.  

Best of strength!  

Thanks!

I am ready.

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Since Iam the oldest to ever cert on MM2 (51 years 8 months) I will chime in. First of all, Riccardo you will do it. The sweep is much harder than MM1 and roughly 162-164 ish gripper. Best of luck Iam pulling for you!

Thank you, Michael!!

I am feeling very good.  Definitely my strongest ever on grippers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Yep. Set and sweep are harder then the MM1 cause the MM1 has an unusually soft spongy set and sweep so hit it hard right out the gate and make sure to properly warm up. You got this! Kill it!

Thank you!

I will be ready.  It certainly helps to have rehearsed the whole process on the MM1.

• Like 1

If you are closing a gripper close to the 170 range, you'll get it no problem.

Attack the gripper fast after you set the handles. 

Chalk the hands and make sure nothing slips during the setting.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, John McCarter said:

If you are closing a gripper close to the 170 range, you'll get it no problem.

Attack the gripper fast after you set the handles. 

Chalk the hands and make sure nothing slips during the setting.

Thanks for the tips!

I was a little nervous during the MM1 attempts.  I definitely have practiced the process extensively.  I feel ready!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Riccardo missed closing it and therefore did not submit for judging.  He'll get it next time!

• 2 weeks later...

Riccardo suffered a stroke on about July 13 or 14.  He thankfully is recovering well as of July 17.  The date of the stroke (and recovering well update) are approximate guesses  based on Facebook postings.

Our best wishes to him and his family for a smooth and quick recovery.

• Sad 2