Grip Log

omillar

I think I'm just too busy trying to hold on to the block to pay attention to the rest of the body's form. With heavier blocks I have a challenge keeping my arm straight -I have a tendency to bow them.

Good job on the straight arms!!!!!

Jon@han

Oct 14

DB wrist curls: 10@30, 8@40, 5@45, 3@47.5, 1@50, 1@50, 20@30

DB rev wrist curls: 10@10, 10@10, 10@12.5, 5@15

Lever: Front 3x10@5, Back 3x10@10, side-side 3x10@5

Bend 3/16 - 2x6", 3x5"

Oct 16

Plate curl: 10@(2-10s), 4@ +5, 10@(2-10s)

Plate wrist curl: 3x10@10

Roller: 40, 45

One hand on 2 3/8 handle: 5@105, 5@120, 4@140, 4@150

RT handle: 5@75, 5@85, 2@95

Oct 19

BBSA: 10 attempts (6 closes with right, best 2mm with left)

BBM: 5 attempts, Best was 10mm

#2: 5 negatives

BBM: 5 negatives

#1: 3x3

#T: 3x10

Just grippers today.

I see you added the plate wrist curl to your routine -good stuff in that exercise at the very least it will help you with your plate curl. Keep it up your training is storming along!!!

Jon@han

HH : I am quite pleased with the BB grippers. I find that they're not as nicely machined as the IM ones, but functionally they're great. It is really helpful for me to have these in-between steps; trying to go directly from a #1 to a #2 might have discouraged me. I'm glad you suggested I get them!

Thanks to Terry, Thomas and Jonathan for the encouragement!

- Ord

Oct 20

Light gripper work: #T 2x5, #1 5x1

DB Wrist curls: 5x5 @45

DB Rev wrist curls: 5x5 @15

Plate curls - finally curled a 25# plate. Not perfect form - on the way back down, my wrist bends back a little. Did 5x with right, 1 with left. I felt a slight pull on the inside of the left forearm on the second attempt, and so decided to quit for today.

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

For the last couple of weeks I had stopped almost all grip work because I was preparing for a grappling tournament that happened on Sunday and wanted to make sure my hands were in good shape. In these last two weeks I have just been doing a few gripper closes each day with the #T, #1 and BBSA, and nothing else. I can now close the BBSA with either hand pretty much any time I pick it up.

I found that the grip strength that I have developed so far did make a difference in competition, and in fact one of my team mates comented on it.

I am now recovered from this last event, and ready to get back to more vigorous grip work.