Larry Wheels amazing grip

Alawadhi

So I decided to test Larry Wheels grip. Boy he is astonishingly amazing. Warmed up a bit and attempted the 40 pounds york blob. He couldn't. Showed him that he needs to chalk. That's it. He destroyed it. Up to 45 pounds blob and same results. He asked for the bad boy and I gave him the fatman blob. He did it. His max was half of the 110 york legacy up to his knee's. 

Now for thickbars. 100 points fbbc inch. Easy. 125 pounds. Another easy lift. 150. Same results. 172, easy! Millennium trainer, his max. 97 kg inch, nope.

Grippers up to almost 150 pounds CoC #3. If he knew the MMS technique he would destroy it. It didn't click with him when I showed him. 

His best plate pinch was 2 35's. But hey no one else ever did my two 45's besides big Sam. It is so slick, sharp and wide. Larry got like one CM of air below it.

That and few more grip fun plus Armwrestling. His base is most people max training in a life time. He is just so strong and a good guy. Videos will be uploaded tomorrow. 

Edit: Once Larry's videos are uploaded, it will be good promotion for grip sports too! 

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 10

It's well known that PEDs are in strongman, football, basketball, etc. and the same with Larry.  Brian Shaw was highlighted here with several big grip feats for example without anyone having to bring up steroids.  Per our rules, discussion of PEDs  are off limits. Thanks.

5 hours ago, jchapman said:

26 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

B-b-but steroids doesn't even help you that much, it only makes you recover a little faster that's it 🙃

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

It's well known that PEDs are in strongman, football, basketball, etc. and the same with Larry.  Brian Shaw was highlighted here with several big grip feats for example without anyone having to bring up steroids.  Per our rules, discussion of PEDs  are off limits. Thanks.

Also, people can do whatever they want....it’s STRENGTH sport. I’ll compete against anyone. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, jchapman said:

And?

8 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Exactly!

8 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

Also, people can do whatever they want....it’s STRENGTH sport. I’ll compete against anyone. 

100% I will compete against Larry too in grip, no problem 👊🏻😎

6 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

@Alawadhi - how did you end up training with Larry?

You should know me by now Bill. I have access to anyone in my country if I want to 😉

On a more serious note (the latter was true btw) he wants to train to Armwrestle the school boy. I am the only one in the country with a real heavy duty Arm wrestling table.

Few videos and more on my channel

• Like 5

Wow...and I noted "whatever just feels good" with no coaching. He killed that Inch.  

• Like 1

Strong

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Wow...and I noted "whatever just feels good" with no coaching. He killed that Inch.  

Yep. Didn't wanna coach him. Knew it from his 150 pound lift and of course his handshake. Gentle but you could feel the stiff muscles between his thumb and the index. Made sense that his thumb is really strong to stop the rotation or lift the blob. His hand size is around my size.

• Like 2

Thank for sharing Bader! His grip strength doesn't surprise me though, very strong alround guy with good hand size for sure :rock

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Thank for sharing Bader! His grip strength doesn't surprise me though, very strong alround guy with good hand size for sure :rock

You're welcome. I mentioned it on one of my YouTube videos, Larry's hand size is almost identical to my hand size. Crazy yeah?

• Like 1

• Like 3

The 45's you have must be damn hard to lift! When Larry was here in Iceland I saw him almost lockout 116lb on a 3" block at Thor's gym.

Edit

Just remembered that it was with his right hand.

Edited by Hannes
  • Like 1

Strange to see him deliberately slow and calm, his incredible explosiveness does not seem to be useful for this kind of strength exercises.

1 hour ago, Maiche 25 said:

Strange to see him deliberately slow and calm, his incredible explosiveness does not seem to be useful for this kind of strength exercises.

That's because you can only be explosive on stuff you know how to do (have the right technique for).

On friction lifts like pinch it's not always desirable to lift fast either. 

13 hours ago, Hannes said:

The 45's you have must be damn hard to lift! When Larry was here in Iceland I saw him almost lockout 116lb on a 3" block at Thor's gym.

Edit

Just remembered that it was with his right hand.

No one could lift my two 45's except big Sam. And I had lots of strong people at my gym. My 2 45's are exceptional hard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackjaw said:

What did you think of Larry's arm wrestling? Has he developed much technique, or is he dependent on his super strength?

Both. Plus I have lost lots of technique. My shoulder far from my hands. I was side pressing than pulling and so on. I should Armwrestle again to get my things back.

Watched the video...  guy is an absolute beast!  
He seems to be a good guy too... humble and down to earth!  💯👊🏻

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 3:39 AM, Alawadhi said:

So I decided to test Larry Wheels grip. Boy he is astonishingly amazing. Warmed up a bit and attempted the 40 pounds york blob. He couldn't. Showed him that he needs to chalk. That's it. He destroyed it. Up to 45 pounds blob and same results. He asked for the bad boy and I gave him the fatman blob. He did it. His max was half of the 110 york legacy up to his knee's. 

Now for thickbars. 100 points fbbc inch. Easy. 125 pounds. Another easy lift. 150. Same results. 172, easy! Millennium trainer, his max. 97 kg inch, nope.

Grippers up to almost 150 pounds CoC #3. If he knew the MMS technique he would destroy it. It didn't click with him when I showed him. 

His best plate pinch was 2 35's. But hey no one else ever did my two 45's besides big Sam. It is so slick, sharp and wide. Larry got like one CM of air below it.

That and few more grip fun plus Armwrestling. His base is most people max training in a life time. He is just so strong and a good guy. Videos will be uploaded tomorrow. 

Edit: Once Larry's videos are uploaded, it will be good promotion for grip sports too! 

quite a few guys in the uk can do 2 45's with ease.

On 6/20/2020 at 9:02 AM, Hopefully said:

B-b-but steroids doesn't even help you that much, it only makes you recover a little faster that's it 🙃

it's the amount of strength his forearms and tendons have from years of training and lifting heavy things. steroids have helped build that but that's not what gave him his grip strength , he's a world class athlete and strength competitor , they all have good grip nowadays. especially when shown how to use what they have power lifting doesn't use straps in deadlift. it's not the same as strongman

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PronatorKyle said:

quite a few guys in the uk can do 2 45's with ease.

Not mine. There are easy, seasoned 45's; then there is mine. I had the best grip people at my place, no one could do it except for big Sam. Maybe the UK guys can, but until they don't try mine, we will never know.

• 2 weeks later...