Horrido Bending Certs

Horrido

38 minutes ago, BottledCitrus said:

How does that work for the different way you can bend?

I just mark it so I know exactly where to put the pads instead of having to eyball it. It's not really necessary if the pads are worn in you can se the marks in them after a while but in this case the pads was new.

3 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

I just mark it so I know exactly where to put the pads instead of having to eyball it. It's not really necessary if the pads are worn in you can se the marks in them after a while but in this case the pads was new.

So is there a specific distance from center the edge of the pad needs to be? 

ps: thank you for the replies

1 hour ago, BottledCitrus said:

So is there a specific distance from center the edge of the pad needs to be? 

ps: thank you for the replies

For reverse bending I usually just put the pads together in the middle but I didn't do it on this particular bend becuase I wanted to make it easier for the cert.

What distance you should place the pads depends entirely on your own preferance. For double overhand people are usually wrapping up 1.5-2 inches from the ends. But you can go as far as in to the middle with that technique as well if you want to make it harder.

As far as rules goes it depends on where you try to get certified, for these certs you can place the pads wherever you want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Weekend is for the benders...
Updated from the weekend with some style certs!

I am happy that I propably forced our old bending machine for some certs so we have @Martin Kotte in the one IMP section with an A2 - 6,5" and I think there is more to come for sure.

Then we have a huge snap! No other than the snapping monster from England Daniel Dring snapped the 8.8 bolt. Amazing feat!

Then we have our first woman on the list. Lovise from sweden braced bend the A4 bolt and is now part of the game. Great to see!

Last but not least another england snapper jumped on the list with a 4.8 snap. Shane Grimshaw with an easy snap and there is also more to come!

As you can see and read a very good weekend out there.

Enjoy the videos:

Edited by Horrido
  • Like 5

Another update from yesterday.

@Martin Kotte was able to bend the A2 bolt with 3,5" double underhand. I think this can´t be bent shorter!? Waiting now for the 8.8 bolt to be bent in double underhand style...

Video from the extra short bend in Martin´s man cave:

• Like 5

6 hours ago, BottledCitrus said:

How does one place an order for those “beginner” bolts? 

You can write me here via pm, or via the website.

• Thanks 1

our well known @Slippery Pete certed a one IMP A2 on the style list. This is a very good feat, congrats to sweden!

It´s great to see this list grow!

Video from Anton:

And another cert on the main list from England. Daniel Dring bend the 4.8 bolt with a length 5,5". Very easy for him and there is definatley more in the tank. Watch out for this guy. Here is the bend:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CI1MVjxJnBQ/?igshid=jvhgdqdob2g1

• Like 4

BIG Cert yesterday!

We have a new elite entry on the main cert list!
No other than @Martin Kotte bent the 10.9 Bolt to enter the main certs! Great bend and congrats to Martin!

Also Martin didn´t want the prize money and said that he will donate it for this project. Huge thanks, my friend.
Martin is a supporter of this whole thing since the beginning so I am very happy that he is now on this list with the elite bend!

But, as always there is more to come...

Here is the video:

• Like 5

Gentlemans! It´s 2021! A summary of the last months will follow soon, but now we have the first cert in 2021.

We have another A2 5,5" one IMP bender! Great fight from @Martin Kotte

List was updated and here is the video:

• Like 6

On 1/3/2021 at 1:48 AM, Horrido said:

Gentlemans! It´s 2021! A summary of the last months will follow soon, but now we have the first cert in 2021.

We have another A2 5,5" one IMP bender! Great fight from @Martin Kotte

List was updated and here is the video:

5.5” sounds ridiculous hard

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BottledCitrus said:

5.5” sounds ridiculous hard

Ridiculously hard and ridiculously painful. I don't know why anyone wants to bend in one pad only :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Ridiculously hard and ridiculously painful. I don't know why anyone wants to bend in one pad only :D 

It's really fun to bend in one pad! These stainless bolts are also forgiving to do so, since their kink is not that hard.
At 7'' that is. 5.5'' is of course another world of pain 😅

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

To be fair. Anyone bending the crap ive been seeing isnt right in the head. So Im not at all surprised by making it harder and more brutal.

• Like 1

So a new year and some news from the website...

I created a new section, a Blog, where I will post some "Bending Thoughts" in the future. So please check it out on the website:
https://www.horrido-bending.com/blog

Also the Home Site is in a new design!

Here is a quote from the first blog post which fits here perfectly:

I started the Horrido Bending Project in summer and I was really surprised how fast and how good this thing arrived at the bending community. Here I have to thank you all who are into it and who support this project. This really means a lot for me. Thanks you crazy people, this thing exist because of you!

Let´s see what the new year will bring to us!

• Like 4

Two new certs from yesterday. An english wednesday.

A new face in form of Dom Crane did a main cert with a A2 6" and our well known snapping monster Daniel Dring bent the A4 in reverse style.

Enjoy...

• Like 4

I made a new blog post:

Bending Thoughts Vol. 002 - The Skin

Here is the link:
https://www.horrido-bending.com/post/bending-thoughts-vol-002-the-skin

Also I will post some interviews on the blog with some of the best benders from now and the past. There will be some interessting insights. Stay tuned...
First interview will be published this week!

• Like 3