Horrido Bending Certs

Horrido

2 hours ago, Horrido said:

Ok, if any of you US benders is interested to make a bulk order just let me know.

In the meantime....

Yesterday we had a new entry: Amir Bayour certed the A2 bolt with a nice view in the @Donc101 area. Nice to see how benders get other benders to the cert.

Here is the Video:

Amir and Chris both did great. Did you get Chris's video too? Amir does not do much DO. We tweaked his form a bit and he bent harder steel than he ever has DO. He has a bright future with DO.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Amir and Chris both did great. Did you get Chris's video too? Amir does not do much DO. We tweaked his form a bit and he bent harder steel than he ever has DO. He has a bright future with DO.

Sounds good!

Yes got the Video from Chris, too. But unfortunatley I can't accept it because of the finger taping. Sorry for that.

• Like 2

Another new bender on the list...

Martin from the USA certed on the 4.8 bolt and want to climb the ladder in the certs.

Here is his video:

And a lot of new packages are on the way to Sweden, Ukraine, England and Germany. More to come...

• Like 3

Two new guys today. Very happy to see a lot of new and unknown benders out there! The bending Community will grow and that's great.

Adam from USA certed the 4.8 bolt. Without a open video unfortunatley.

And Siamak @bruce1337 from Sweden also certed the 4.8 bolt in a very fast way.

Here is his Video:

• Like 3

Thank you @Horrido

I started bending a few months ago so I am still very new and have a lot to learn. Glad to be part of the bending community 💪

• Like 2

another one from @bruce1337 direct out of sweden. He bend the A4 bolt with ease. The A2 will fall soon.

List was updated and here is the video:

And we have some new and strong benders soon on the list. Watch out. 

• Like 4

Two new certs today from our italian brothers in steel.

Also a small website update with some fixes.

Giorgio Giannico from GBI Italia and Nico Oliveto certed on the 4.8 bolt with ease. There is a lot more in the tank for both and I thin we will see bigger bends soon.

Here are the two videos:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Update in the last couple days.

The german Richard Siebels was able to bend the A2 bolt with a length of 5,5" in a short time. Well done.

Also the two italians Giorgio and Nico certed on the A2 Bolt.

Bending Powerhouse @Donc101 bent the A2 bolt in one IMP with ease as expected.

NIce to see every week new bends.

• Like 5

New update...

Dave Nisbet from Canada, very new to bending, was able to bend the A2 bolt cut down to 6" with single leather pads. This is a very good bend for a beginner and I think this man will have a bright future in the steel bending game. Very happy to see brand new guys along with the old ones!

Also @Donc101bend the A2 bolt with 6" for the one IMP bend section. I added it also on the main cert list (waiting for your 8.8 cert, Don. Keep going!)

Here are both videos for you:

• Like 4

And another update.

This time from russia. The russian bender Valery Semenov bent the A2 bolt at 5" yesterday. Great work and a very short bar. Would be interesting to see how short we can go on the A2 bolt.

Also would be great to have more russians on the list, but the most important aspect is the language barrier in this case. But the actual russians have great bends here.

The video:

• Like 1

Some useful news especially for our american friends....

Since yesterday the USA allows normal packages again to send to their country. The price for sending 5kg packages is normal again, only the delivery time is another. This are the details:

5kg package normal = 37€ - 4-6 weeks (sea freight)
5kg package prio = 53€ - 1-2 weeks (air freight)

Hopefully the time will bring the normal standard back with smaller packages and cheaper shipping costs. Sorry, but USA is the only country with these regulations.

Another thing. Gil Goodman rated the following bolts after the Krahling method for info and comparsion:

Bolt 8.8 zinc OF - 540lbs
Edgin Triangle - 610lbs
Bolt 8.8 black OF (Horrido) - 630lbs
Bolt 10.9 black OF (Horrido) - 730lbs

(please note, that Edgins vary a LOT)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates this week...

Anton @Slippery Pete from sweden bent the A2 bolt at 6" length. Very good progress and there is more to come from Anton. I am sure. Also Anton has one of the best "bending table" I have seen!

Then our powerhouse Delmar @acromegaman got his package and bent directly the A2 bolt in one IMP very easy. The 8.8 will fall soon for Delmar, also happy to have him as a part of the project.

Here are the two videos:

And good news on the shipping front. USA is back to normal shipping methods. This mean: 2kg package for 20€ and 5kg package for 37€.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

New update from the american bender Gil Goodman. He was able to bend the A2 bolt with a length of 5,5". Short and strong bend and he climbed the ladder on the cert list a little bit higher.

Here is his video:

• Like 4

From now on in every package there will be a papercard as a prototype. Maybe there will be one out of steel in the future...

Little side effect is that you can see if the bend is done. It's exactly 5cm (2") in the width.

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20201007165818181.thumb.jpg.2394a46c0aba51230d3091fc74ce0b66.jpg

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20201007165958264.thumb.jpg.041e20430e637168d1a7b036841a24ba.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20201007165907623_COVER.jpg

• Like 4

Great bend from our very strong and well known bender, Don Cummings @Donc101 he bent the 8.8 bolt with style and climbed the cert ladder.

I hope to see more 8.8 bends in the future.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So, I was on the road for about a week and now we have a big update with lots of good bends.

The list is growing from week to week which is a very nice fact.
Also more packages are on their way to the benders. USA is here on the frontline.

Check out the Cert List: https://www.horrido-bending.com/cert-list

More projects are planned and will be published soon. Always working to get this thing better and bigger.

Here are the new bends from last week:

@Donc101@acromegaman @Tom Flesher @bruce1337

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Any plans for a reverse & DU list (40 degrees)?

Would be fun to have something to work for when you can't bend DO.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Any plans for a reverse & DU list (40 degrees)?

Would be fun to have something to work for when you can't bend DO.

Yes, I am working on that and by the end of the year it will be online.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Horrido said:

Yes, I am working on that and by the end of the year it will be online.

Should be fun to try some reverse bending 💪

Leopold Challenge Vol II

IMG_20201024_163138.thumb.jpg.a9242a2447984a1d866ff332ea8d94b5.jpg

This is a quote from a bender out there...

Who can name this bender?

First right answer will get a sticker set with some extras.

Let's go...

Small update...

My brother in law was again here for some bending and could cert on the A4 bolt. Next step for him is the A2 and he will get it the next time for sure.

Video:

• Like 3

And another one from the USA.

Mike Johns (a performing strongman) bent the A2 bolt for a succesfull cert this morning.
Very well done!

• Like 3