Horrido Bending Certs

Horrido

Cheers to all steelbenders out there!

In this thread I represent you a new steel bending cert.
With permission of the Gripboard Admins, a lot of work in the last months and with the support of @camz @Truman and @Tommy J. here is finally a new cert for everyone.
From beginner to an elite athlete.

It´s a 100% non Profit project. The bolts and the pads you can get for only the self costs. No profit!
BUT there is a Prize Money for the two hardest bolts which you can earn after a succesfull cert

We have six different bolts where every single one has the same measurements: 8mm x 180mm (~ 5/16" x 7")

Listing from easy to hard: 4.8 - A4 - A2 - 8.8 - 10.9 - 12.9

To guarantee the high quality and the comparability every single bolt of each class is from one and the same producer.

For more details and everything about the cert and the rules please visit the new Website:

https://www.horrido-bending.com/

If you have any questions about this you can contact me here or via the Website.

It would be a pleasure to have you been involved in this Project.

This thread is for further news, to show you succesfull certs, FAQ and everything else around the project.

Love Steel Bending,

Jan

PSX_20200610_082140.thumb.jpg.f7bd58107a9f4e6b9c25626231b34390.jpg

Edited by Horrido
Add a pic
  • Like 17

So the first packages are on their way to steel benders worldwide.

Today a lot of packages were shipped.

Germany 6x

USA 3x

Russia 2x

Sweden 2x

Looking forward to see the first bends.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That is great that there have been so many orders! Fun project!

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 2:28 PM, Horrido said:

Cheers to all steelbenders out there!

In this thread I represent you a new steel bending cert.
With permission of the Gripboard Admins, a lot of work in the last months and with the support of @camz @Truman and @Tommy J. here is finally a new cert for everyone.
From beginner to an elite athlete.

It´s a 100% non Profit project. The bolts and the pads you can get for only the self costs. No profit!
BUT there is a Prize Money for the two hardest bolts which you can earn after a succesfull cert

We have six different bolts where every single one has the same measurements: 8mm x 180mm (~ 5/16" x 7")

Listing from easy to hard: 4.8 - A4 - A2 - 8.8 - 10.9 - 12.9

To guarantee the high quality and the comparability every single bolt of each class is from one and the same producer.

For more details and everything about the cert and the rules please visit the new Website:

https://www.horrido-bending.com/

If you have any questions about this you can contact me here or via the Website.

It would be a pleasure to have you been involved in this Project.

This thread is for further news, to show you succesfull certs, FAQ and everything else around the project.

Love Steel Bending,

Jan

@HorridoIt's great to see a new steel bending cert!  It's been a long time.  It warms my heart to see people get motivated by another list.  I miss those days myself.  What is the equivalent piece of steel (like Yellow Nail) on the easiest bar?  I hope you get a ton of orders and have a long list of people certing. 

Somewhere on Instagram or Facebook the other day I saw a bare hand bending cert listed with 1/4" Stainless used for the cert bar.  Seeing your new cert list made me think you could probably get more interest if you had several easier pieces of steel to cert bare handed too. 

• Like 5

@bencrush thank you very much for your kind words.

The easiest bolt is the 4.8. This bolt is an easy one and perfect for guys who just started steel bending. It's like a CRS 7mm bar or like the 1/4" Bolts.

There is no plan to get a barehand cert or something other in the line, BUT if enough bolts are in the world (and it seems that this will not last long) there will be some challenges over the year like one IMP bends or barehand bends. I will update this here in the thread.

As I got a lot questions about the equivalents of the bolts. This list is maybe a little helpfull:

4.8 - like a CRS 7mm bar or a 1/4" Bolt

A4 - like a red nail

A2 - like a Shiny Bastard

8.8 - like a hard G5

10.9 - similar to a G8

12.9 - out of this planet

So there is a cert bolt for every level in the bending section to honour every bend and keep the guys motivated.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We have the first cert...

I am happy to announce that it´s my good friend Kalli @camz who bend the hard 8.8 Bolt. Congrats and welcome on the cert list as the first!

Here is the bend:

Looking forward to see more guys join in.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Horrido said:

I am happy to announce that it´s my good friend Kalli @camz who bend the hard 8.8 Bolt. Congrats and welcome on the cert list as the first!

Here is the bend:

Looking forward to see more guys join in.

Awesome job, congrats!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danny Young said:

I would like to grab some grade 8.8 bolts. How much is shipping?

Hello Danny,

just send me your adress via pm and I will look after it.

• Like 1

Last weekend there were two more certs!

My good friend Daniel @Truman was able to bend the A2 bolt easily. He is training for the 8.8 and it´s only a matter of time.
Also our new bending talent from germany Richard Siebels bend the A2 bolt with style and he want to get shorter on this bolt in the next sessions.

The Cert List is updated with a new style. Keep a look at it:
https://www.horrido-bending.com/cert-list

Also more packages are on the way to the benders. USA, Austria, Northern Ireland and Germany.

Here are the two new Videos from Daniel and Richard:

• Like 6

On 6/20/2020 at 9:50 PM, Horrido said:

Thanks, buddy!

Hope to get the 10.9 at some point in the future! And I hope to see some big names on the list as well!

Edited by camz
  • Like 2

BIG Update!

Yesterday there were five new certs and today one new cert. Great days and I am very happy with it.
Looking forward to see the packages arrive at our benders in USA and Russia to see more great bends like these the last two days.
Also nice to say that most of them are Gripboard Users.
Here we go:

First Cert yesterday came from @MarcoBuhl who bend the A2 bolt in double underhand style with IMP´s. Great and strong bend.
Then Florian Faisstnauer from Austria with also the A2 bolt and single suede wraps in a very short time. Florian is a long time ago more than ready for the red nail cert, but Ironmind don´t cert at the moment because of the corona case.
The next was Brian McShane @Briso who bend as a comeback the A2 bolt and let it look very easy.
Steffen Knaak, known as he is a competitor in nearly every Steel Shredder event bend the A4 bolt.
Anton Siden @Slippery Pete bend the A4 bolt lighting fast. Don´t blink when you watch the Video.
Today Emil @Fist of Fury certed the A2 bolt and let it also look very easy.

Great job of all of the benders above.
You can see the updated list and every video as always here:

https://www.horrido-bending.com/cert-list

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2020 at 10:14 PM, Horrido said:

@bencrush thank you very much for your kind words.

The easiest bolt is the 4.8. This bolt is an easy one and perfect for guys who just started steel bending. It's like a CRS 7mm bar or like the 1/4" Bolts.

There is no plan to get a barehand cert or something other in the line, BUT if enough bolts are in the world (and it seems that this will not last long) there will be some challenges over the year like one IMP bends or barehand bends. I will update this here in the thread.

As I got a lot questions about the equivalents of the bolts. This list is maybe a little helpfull:

4.8 - like a CRS 7mm bar or a 1/4" Bolt

A4 - like a red nail

A2 - like a Shiny Bastard

8.8 - like a hard G5

10.9 - similar to a G8

12.9 - out of this planet

So there is a cert bolt for every level in the bending section to honour every bend and keep the guys motivated.

Tried the A4 & A2 bolts cut down to 6" today and I would say:

A4 equal to 1/4x6" Grade 8 bolt
A2 equal to IM Red Nail (altough harder to crush down becuase it's stainless and it has a head)

• Like 3

Very happy to anounce that our german grip legend Gabriel Sum is part of the game!
Yesterday he bent the A4 bolt in reverse style under the guidiance of @camz. This is one of his very first bends, so perhaps there is more to come.
Very excited about it!

Also we have the first shorter cert. Steffen Knaak bend the A4 bolt with a length of 6,5".

List is updated: https://www.horrido-bending.com/cert-list

And here are the two videos from yesterday...

• Like 7

Today after work I forced a young man from our family to bend. This was his second bend ever and he could bend easily the lightest bolt. Of course we have to work a lot on his technique, but it's a start and this young man is fixed to some more bends.

He is on the list and here is the Video:

• Like 7

Three new Certs today...

Alexandr Denisovsky from russia was able to bend the 8.8 bolt very fast to get the high ranking together with Kalli.
Brian McShane @Briso bend the A2 bolt with a 6" length, which is a good bend and spot 3 on the list.
And Steffen Knaak has done his third cert bend and smashed the A2 bolt.

The list is updated and here are the new videos:

• Like 6

Today Richard Siebels (aka "The Walrus") bend the A2 bolt with 6" and made it to the spot three together with Brian McShane.

Here is the fast bend:

• Like 4

Great day!

We have the first elite cert!

Alexandr Denisovsky was able to bend the 10.9 bolt. Very great to see I am more than happy about this submission. Prize money was already paid and the list is updated. He is now one of the very few benders at this level!

Also Gil Goodman certed the A2 bolt in single leather pads. So the first packages arrived in the USA.

The list: https://www.horrido-bending.com/cert-list

And here are the two videos from today...

• Like 7

Nice, how many people have done a 10.9 bolt? I've only seen three people bend one. I haven't been following bending for that long though.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Nice, how many people have done a 10.9 bolt? I've only seen three people bend one. I haven't been following bending for that long though.

10.9 or Grade 8 (very similar) are the following benders:

Alexander Klimovich, Sergey Bragin, Alex Pritula, Alexandr Denisovsky, Derek Graybill, Aaron Corcorran, JT Straussner, EJ Livesey, Tommy Jennings, Hannes Kainz, Mattia Crispino, Juha Lehtimaki.

So 12 benders. Could be that I am missing one or two benders here. These are the guys that I had directly in mind.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Horrido said:

10.9 or Grade 8 (very similar) are the following benders:

Alexander Klimovich, Sergey Bragin, Alex Pritula, Alexandr Denisovsky, Derek Graybill, Aaron Corcorran, JT Straussner, EJ Livesey, Tommy Jennings, Hannes Kainz, Mattia Crispino, Juha Lehtimaki.

So 12 benders. Could be that I am missing one or two benders here. These are the guys that I had directly in mind.

Alexander Kirillov was one of the guys I've seen bending the 10.9 bolt.

• Like 1

Ok, here is a real great barehand feat from Alexandr Denisovsky. Damn, this guy is a beast in every bending aspect.

This was also a goal of the certs. To create a platform for all the bending monsters out there and that more and more people will know them.

Here is the link of Alex barehand bend:

Edited by Horrido
New link
  • Like 4