Maddox 725 lb x 2 Bench Press

Chez

He thought about doing a third and I think he would have gotten it. The second rep was even better than the first. Craziness

• Like 1

Incredible. Rogue should sponsor him using their calibrated weights in training. With that much on the bar, the % off of the actual weight could be significant.  Those interlocking weights I believe are pretty cheapo plates??

45 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

Incredible. Rogue should sponsor him using their calibrated weights in training. With that much on the bar, the % off of the actual weight could be significant.  Those interlocking weights I believe are pretty cheapo plates??

Freight scale cost like 50$ so that should solve that problem pretty easy.

Live stream from his channel now. I think he's going to attempt 800#, should be interesting to see...

• Like 1

No 800# this time. Impressive attempt though. Judging from this I do think he should start to train with rogue or eleiko competition plates!

The bar was actually loaded wrong on one of the attempts! What a bunch of morons :whacked

That was a very significant misload - 25K.  A dangerous one in fact.  A darn shame really.  He'll be back - and I'd bet with a new loading crew :). 

Really unfortunate but glad to see he had the restraint to skip the 3rd attempt. Not worth the risk with this kind of weight, save the record for another day

23 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Really unfortunate but glad to see he had the restraint to skip the 3rd attempt. Not worth the risk with this kind of weight, save the record for another day

He went for it again and missed it.

On 6/20/2020 at 5:30 PM, Fist of Fury said:

The bar was actually loaded wrong on one of the attempts! What a bunch of morons :whacked

This!

This guy has more issues with spotters and loaders than any 10 people.  Why can't they just get it right?  I heard rumors he came out of this with a minor injury.  I think without the mishap, he might have gotten it.  Something like that gets in your head, plus it takes something out of your physically.  Either way, he's good for 790.  Just crazy.

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

This guy has more issues with spotters and loaders than any 10 people.  Why can't they just get it right?  I heard rumors he came out of this with a minor injury.  I think without the mishap, he might have gotten it.  Something like that gets in your head, plus it takes something out of your physically.  Either way, he's good for 790.  Just crazy.

Was thinking the same thing. I'm almost starting to think they conspire against him or something. He's been very unlucky.