Little Big Horn tips?

spaceparakeet

I've been focusing on 3" axle this quarantine, then magically hit a PR on LBH on my first try at it in months.  I feel like I could squeeze at least a couple more pounds out of that thing if I had a better idea what I was doing.  Could y'all share your thoughts on technique?  Overhand/underhand?  Gripping at a 90 degree angle to the weight, or the hand diagonal on the anvil?  Wisdom that I have not yet imagined?   

Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks!

• Like 2

The best advice I've gotten for vertical bar lifts is to start supinated (underhand) and pronate as you lift. This keeps the slack out of the carabiner and makes the implement feel more solid and connected.

@Lucasraymond

• Like 5

go on my IG page @lucasraymond as I have a bunch of videos doing either Rogue Anvil or LBH....that style of technique is used in 95% of the higher level lifters

• Like 3

Success!  After looking at the videos from @Lucasraymond, I switched to a more horizontal (perpendicular to the load) grip, and squinched up as far as possible to the pointy end, resulting in an instant 5 lb improvement to 123#.

Muchas gracias for the help.  I was pretty spoiled when I could bug @acorn all the time in person with questions.  🤔  Dude I hope your recovery is going well!  🤕

• Like 3

13 hours ago, spaceparakeet said:

Success!  After looking at the videos from @Lucasraymond, I switched to a more horizontal (perpendicular to the load) grip, and squinched up as far as possible to the pointy end, resulting in an instant 5 lb improvement to 123#.

Muchas gracias for the help.  I was pretty spoiled when I could bug @acorn all the time in person with questions.  🤔  Dude I hope your recovery is going well!  🤕

Recovery is ongoing and I've been released to do inclined pushups and curls with 7.5# db's now. May be awhile even after recovery before I am regularly coming to the gym again though due to Covid concerns. Hope your training is going well.

• Like 3