Power twisters?

wobbler

They're pretty gimmicky, I know. But I'm looking for something to get more time under tension in the crush position that won't beat up my hands as much as isometrics on a bar, or chest crushing grippers, to help with bending.

Can find a 90kg on amazon for like 70 bucks, seems worth a shot?

Any comments, any benders use these? 

I recently got one of these as part of a trade. To be honest I have a hard time seeing how they would help you with the crush for steel bending. If anything they would help getting your wrist stronger for DU bending but that's about how useful I think they are for improving steel bending.

Just something to pick up and do a few times a day for volume, to get somewhat similar time under tension for everything involved in that general movement (chest, upper back shoulders)

Whenever I get stuck I can usually just try to do more push-ups and break through a plateau, same concept but looking for a movement that is closer to bending.

I wouldn't waste any money on these. Just use grippers. Fold a piece of leather on the outside of each handle and it shouldn't hurt your hands at all.

I do, but with a heavy enough gripper its still a lot of pressure on the palms, and gripper spread isn't wide enough to have resistance at the range of motion where you first start a crush down. Unless you go to a stupid heavy gripper, which again is a ton of pressure on your palms.

I certainly could be wrong, but the power twister just seems like it would be a lot more comfortable for reps/holds than chest crushing grippers. But I will certainly give lower effort gripper chest crushing a shot for a while, I'm just not aware of anyone doing that. Always pretty high effort as far as I know, that's how I've been doing them at least.

Have you tried to make crush pads? Thicker and shorter. That surely can't hurt too much. 

Your 70$ is better spent on steel as far as I'm concerned.

Another thing with these powertwisters is that some of them are very hard in the beginning of the movement and not as hard at the end and vice versa. Some of them are very hard to even move at all. Then you're not really training your upper body, it's more a wrist exercise.

All good points, thanks. I'm pretty well stocked up on steel right now but I will try out some sort of thicker pad configuration for chest crushing grippers.

Actually just messing around with lower effort it seems like applying more chest force before interlocking finger force seems to move the gripper further with the same perceived effort, so I'll have to try that with the steel next time, because I always do the opposite when bending.

I have one of those twisters and like it. It works your body in a good and different way and builds strength that I think carries over to bending. That being said, I don’t think it is going to help your DO crush. I don’t like the gripper crushes. They feel weird on my wrist. I just have a block of wood I wrap a towel around and use. I think it builds good crush strength.

For starters, they are not safe. You’re trusting cheap materials and shoddy welding to keep a powerful spring from popping you in the face.  I had the rubber grip On one come loose and if it wasn’t for the wrist strap it would have shot out of my hand.