Chasing CoC #3

hanslifts

Hey guys, new member here and really happy to be a part of this forum! Been out of the gym for a few months due to a injury, and of course, COVID!

I purchased my first CoC gripper in late April after watching a bunch of videos about guys closing #3s. I guess between my back injury being on lockdown, I decided to set some radical new goals to start training my grip, and closing a #3 by May of 2021. I know, crazy, right? I figured it would be cool to start with the Guide and work my way up. After receiving my Guide, I banged out 45 reps on each arm, so I immediately ordered the Sport and Trainer. I spent a few weeks warming up with the Guide and Sport and then knocking out reps on the Trainer. At first, I could get like 2 reps on the Trainer.... right about now I can get 20-ish. I ordered the .5 two weeks ago, can get about 10 solid closes, 15 sloppy closes. Just received the #1 on Saturday and got about 5 closes.

At this point, I absolutely realize I need to adopt a more formal training plan vs. just banging out reps. I plan on getting back into the gym for some powerlifting here in a few weeks too, so I'm scratching my head as to how I'll train for grip strength while getting my lifts back up. I'll be posting my workouts (both grip-specific and powerlifting) here, but feel free to provide feedback as you see fit!

Thanks!

– Hans

• Like 1

Training Update – 03 JUN 20

Warmup
Guide x 10, 20
Sport x 10, 20
Trainer x 10
.5 x 10

Working Sets
#1 x 5,5,5,5,5
.5 x 10,10,10,10,10
T x 20,20,20,20,20

Yellow Extensor Bands Training

Blue Extensor Bands Training

Red Extensor Bands Training

GPP

3 sets of 20 pushups

3 sets of 15 dumbbell rows (40 lbs)

3 sets of 10 dumbbell hammer curls (40 lbs)

Felt good! Thinking I will keep a format like this for a while and see how quickly I can move up to #1.5!

Edited by hanslifts
  • Like 1

Don't waste your money on the #1.5 it's the most pointless gripper (for a male) of all grippers out there. It's way to close to the #1. If you're in the states definitely get a GHP4 instead. It's closer to the #2.

21 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Don't waste your money on the #1.5 it's the most pointless gripper (for a male) of all grippers out there. It's way to close to the #1. If you're in the states definitely get a GHP4 instead. It's closer to the #2.

Thanks for the head's up @Fist of Fury!!!

• 1 year later...

Back on here after a very long layoff due to a pec tear! Man, I missed working out, missed working my grippers, missed reading these forums. Glad to be back! Here's my first workout back (all gear is CoC):

Training Update – 03 JUN 21

Warmup
Guide x 5, 10, 15
Sport x 5, 10, 15
Trainer x 5, 10, 15

Working Sets
.5 x 5, 5
#1 x 2, 2
#1.5 x 1, 1

Green Extensor Bands Training
25, 25, 25

Yellow Extensor Bands Training