Fat Gripz bar hang challenge June 2020

Kluv#0

This year, instead of Summer of Rows, I decided to have fun challenge for month of June. 2 Hand Blue Fat Gripz bar hang with regular grip. BWT class over/under 200 lb. and 275 lb. plus. Main rule is chalk ONLY- NO liquid chalk, tacky, etc. Hands and FG's must be shown to camera prior to hold. Prizes will be awarded at conclusion and I will take into account not only time but BWT, hand size, experience and improvement. Thanks.

Edited by Kluv#0
Specify length of contest- month of June
  • Like 4

I have manus grips which I have heard are a bit harder.  Would be fun to try this. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bearhugger said:

I’d be down for this. I have a high body weight though so probably wouldn’t be any good.

Challenge is all about personal improvement and having fun(bar hang can be fun???). Higher BWT can make it more difficult but if your time is better than when you first started then that's rockin in my book. 

Clarification- This is 2 hand challenge. Blue FG is 2.25" so you can use that or if you have other same size thick bar adapter those are fine, too

Edited by Kluv#0

Challenge begins tomorrow. Hanging from bar is one of the best things you can do for your grip(especially thick bar hang) and your spine. Best of luck and I look forward to the entries. 

FG BWT hang 55 seconds. Pronated and thumb wrapped grip. BWT w/ shoes, etc. 228 lbs. Hope by EOM show nice improvement in time. 

• Like 1

Rules say nothing about straps LOL.  You might want to include that :) 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Straps should only be allowed if you hang by the neck... 

I think one might hang quite a long time this way :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Due to lack of interest this challenge is over. I knew it would not be as popular as my "Summer of Rows" but FG hang is a dud for most-which is fine. Enjoy Summer and I will continue to work on locking out the Inch replica.

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Due to lack of interest this challenge is over. I knew it would not be as popular as my "Summer of Rows" but FG hang is a dud for most-which is fine. Enjoy Summer and I will continue to work on locking out the Inch replica.

I think it's great challenge. I'm going to train this all summer. Can only do it once per week but I think that's good for me.

Thanks for posting, I wouldn't have thought about training these if you didn't make this challenge.

Yep, I am going to keep doing them as well. I don't have the ability to video myself, but it would be a short video with lots of curse words being muttered. 

I'm not  doing the hanging challenge - sorry.  What I have been working lately that is similar is Fat Grip goal is Dumbbell Farmers walks with the Blue Fat Grips.  Today I did 65# DBs by one lap around the house (70 yards) plus a 60 sec and 50 sec hold (Goal was 60).   I want to keep increasing the weight with the same times and distances - I may go to 3 carries instead of the last two being holds.  My biggest DBs are 80s - if I can get to those I'll be pretty stoked!  My other "carry" workout is 45# plates with a loading pin and added plates for the same time and distances.  Not sure yet how high I can safely take these - not as safe as the DBs.  These are rim lift carries.

Edited by climber511

I have been meaning to try it so here it is.

I only have manus grips which I have heard are a bit harder due to having no texture in them. 

My bar rotated on me so I'm sure that doesn't help.

Got 55sec on the stop watch. I was counting in my head and thought I hit a min. Gat nabbit I could have held to 1min oh well.

Done after high volume chest and triceps and gripper work.

A bit of ab work thrown in the last few sec lol

• Like 1