96 kg Thomas Inch bell lift @95 kg body weight

AdamTGlass

The only man to lift this bell one handed from floor to lock out. He previously lifted it a few months back but this today was a far superior rep. 

• Like 15

Having felt this dumbbell first hand, it is the most formidable bell I’ve ever touched. I don’t even remember getting it to spin on my most concentrated attempt. It literally makes the inch feel like a toy. And I would even go so far as to suggest that the masses can’t even pull the same weight with 1 hand on a 1” handle with free spinning plates.

truly incredible lift Tanner!

• Like 1

Amazing!

Dang son, you cray cray!

Has anyone thought about what makes this possible for tanner? I mean what in his hand and arm make it possible to do it when others fail? And by a large margin too? Interesting to think about.

Awesome lift. Can't imagine. 

2 hours ago, king crusher said:

Has anyone thought about what makes this possible for tanner? I mean what in his hand and arm make it possible to do it when others fail? And by a large margin too? Interesting to think about.

Awesome lift. Can't imagine. 

Maybe the climbing background helps? It would be pretty cool to see more high level rock climbers get into grip sport. It's one thing to hear about huge dudes like Brian Shaw who lifted the inch on the first try as a hulking college football player, but climbers are usually a little smaller. I know @Yves Gravelle is one of the lightest dudes to lift the inch.

I was a decent rock climber a few years ago and climbed V9 indoors, but that's not the same as being a top level athlete who climbs outdoor and has a climbing wall in their house. 😅

Edited by devinhoo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

Maybe the climbing background helps? It would be pretty cool to see more high level rock climbers get into grip sport. It's one thing to hear about huge dudes like Brian Shaw who lifted the inch on the first try as a hulking college football player, but climbers are usually a little smaller. I know @Yves Gravelle is one of the lightest dudes to lift the inch.

I was a decent rock climber a few years ago and climbed V9 indoors, but that's not the same as being a top level athlete who climbs outdoor and has a climbing wall in their house. 😅

Rock climbers are beastly and have incredible finger strength. Tanner, Steve Millard, Yves, Gil,  Carl-August Mertz all have various degrees of climbing background but all are world class gripsters. Yves is probably the lightest to lift the Inch DB and he has mentioned on several occasions his hands are sub 7.5" which makes him the boss!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devinhoo said:

I was a decent rock climber a few years ago and climbed V9 indoors

I didn’t realize that you used to climb. Bouldering V9 is great! That’s more elite  than pretty much all grip guys that have climbing backgrounds. I’m with you though, I want to see more elite climbers get into grip sport. The only thing that may hold them back from the top is their hand size. I’m definitely in a small percentage of people who have over 8in hands and have climbed V13

• Thanks 1

That magnus mitbo that is always on jujis channel is a world class climber and not that great at these grip feats though so there is more to it. But his hands might be small I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, Boulderbrew said:

I didn’t realize that you used to climb. Bouldering V9 is great! That’s more elite  than pretty much all grip guys that have climbing backgrounds. I’m with you though, I want to see more elite climbers get into grip sport. The only thing that may hold them back from the top is their hand size. I’m definitely in a small percentage of people who have over 8in hands and have climbed V13

I almost exclusively climbed indoors. I have two V9's to my name and I want to say 3-5 V8's, but there is a huge difference between V9 and V13. V13 is amazing dude!

As far as hand size and elite climbers, do you think it's because a lot of elite climbing favors small holds and crimps? My strength was in power moves and slopers rather than tiny crimpy holds.

55 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

As far as hand size and elite climbers, do you think it's because a lot of elite climbing favors small holds and crimps? My strength was in power moves and slopers rather than tiny crimpy holds.

100% I think small hands are great for climbing leverage. During a closed crimp your hand is nearer to the wall. For what it’s worth, I have EDS and Consequently extremely mobile joints. My finger tips bend back so far (some past 90 degrees) that I can’t really close crimp. All the hard boulders I did were thug fests on big holds 

41 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Me getting set to fall off the last hard move on Get Over It V9-10. This was in the late 90's. One of Chuck Fryberger's first flicks called A Colorado Daydream.

710019821_ScreenShot2020-05-22at4_29_46PM.thumb.png.3d67e46cd6e6a4cf9ed2e797c0254718.png

Looks pretty slap happy! You were in the film? I love old school climbing movies 

43 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Slap happy for sure. I'm seen putting on my try hard face at about 56:20. So fun. It's on Vimeo for free.

Cool, I’ll check it out 

21 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Me getting set to fall off the last hard move on Get Over It V9-10. This was in the late 90's. One of Chuck Fryberger's first flicks called A Colorado Daydream.

710019821_ScreenShot2020-05-22at4_29_46PM.thumb.png.3d67e46cd6e6a4cf9ed2e797c0254718.png

That's awesome Steve.  Didn't know you had a climbing background.  Or that you used to be a duck.  😅