$$$

Tommy J.

Thanks to Kirill's advice I snapped a TDR 16x8 #2 in a little bit over 2 minutes today. 

• Like 5

On 5/8/2020 at 12:36 PM, Tommy J. said:

I totally missed this post! Apologies Jan!

and yes! Can’t wait to see you smash this bend!

So, I failed! Again. It's the 7th time that this bolt stopped me. It's my personal test in life I guess. The biggest pain in my ass. I have bend several hard stuff, but this bolt is the last puzzle piece in my bending journey (of course the super hard SS stuff like the Square also!), but it will fall. I will get it at some point. It's a promise.

No excuses, I had a good day. So I have to work harder towards this goal.

No succesfull bend from me this time. But Carl snapped a horseshoe with style, so at least one victory for our steel bending tribe!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Horrido said:

So, I failed! Again. It's the 7th time that this bolt stopped me. It's my personal test in life I guess. The biggest pain in my ass. I have bend several hard stuff, but this bolt is the last puzzle piece in my bending journey (of course the super hard SS stuff like the Square also!), but it will fall. I will get it at some point. It's a promise.

No succesfull bend from me this time. But Carl snapped a horseshoe with style, so at least one victory for our steel bending tribe!

It is a beast of a bend. I have no doubt you will get it this year Jan.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, camz said:

Thanks to Kirill's advice I snapped a TDR 16x8 #2 in a little bit over 2 minutes today. 

Challenge completed! Congrats Sir! PM paypal please

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Horrido said:

Thanks buddy!

No doubt you will get the Grade8!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Challenge completed! Congrats Sir! PM paypal please

Thank you very much, Tommy! Very much appreciated! 

I know that Jan @Horrido works on a bending cert at the moment and he invests a lot of his own money to make this happen and I am sure he will not make any profit out of it. So I would like to donate the money to Jan's projekt! Please send the money to Jan's PayPal!

Thanks again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, camz said:

Good time brother! As I said, a matter of technology) here sx 7# 000 or DF #3 is already much harder to snap)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vankovich_Kirill said:

Good time brother! As I said, a matter of technology) here sx 7# 000 or DF #3 is already much harder to snap)

Thanks a lot! Yes, technique matters a lot! I tried to bring as much movement and as much torsion to the weakest point of the shoe as possible. A double snap would be much harder! Not sure if I will try one (or to snap a harder shoe) in the next time, because I have some other projekts (as always lol), but it was good fun and it is a super interesting feat!

• Like 5

19 hours ago, camz said:

Thank you very much, Tommy! Very much appreciated! 

I know that Jan @Horrido works on a bending cert at the moment and he invests a lot of his own money to make this happen and I am sure he will not make any profit out of it. So I would like to donate the money to Jan's projekt! Please send the money to Jan's PayPal!

Thanks again!

Huge thanks buddy!

Yes, of course it will be a non profit project.

And thanks again to Tommy! Payment was lightning fast as always. Great action and one of the best things that could happen for the bending area this year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, vikingsrule92 said:

Hey @Tommy J. ... would you give $200 for a 6.5" Big G8?? 😁

If it’s done in single cordura, and if it’s a big G8 sent by me, package opened on camera without bar leaving frame, then yes.

But that offer isn’t on the table until I see a 7” big G8 bent in single cordura.

This is decent hunks of money we’re talking...

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 2