Rogues live stream for Thors big deadlift is scheduled and here!

king crusher

Eddie's been training (boxing) for a couple years now.  I'd give him the edge in this.  Although I'm pretty sure the winner will be myocardial infarction.  Everybody thinks they're in shape until a minute or so into a fight after a big adrenaline dump.  You suddenly feel like you've done a couple marathons carrying a refrigerator.  Can't imagine fighting at 400 lbs plus.  Couple marathons pulling a dump truck?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Seems silly and I'll be ignoring it. I'm not interested in watching Floyd Mayweather lift poorly and just the same I don't care about watching Strongmen box poorly. I can lift and fight poorly all on my own. 

Completely agree. Just another way for rich people to get even richer.

2 hours ago, Hopefully said:

I don't think Eddie particularly cares about Thor breaking the record, he'll still be the first that did 500 forever. Also there's no way he'll attempt to break it, he's done with abusing his body to that extent afaik. 

Eddie cares about money and fame.  He's said that repeatedly.  He couldn't care less about the record.  He'll always be first.  But if there's a big payday, he'll participate and hype it like crazy.  Eddie is a showman.  Heck, he didn't finish half the challenges on the History Channel show.  He'll make it look good.

Was there a single event on that show where he or Nick Best didn't act like one or both of them were going to die?

Edited by Mike Rinderle

8 hours ago, Squeezus said:

It was a great lift and he certainly made it look better than Eddie's, but at this caliber, these guys don't have much excuse for doing "WR" lifts outside of a competition or breaking records by 1kg. I figure the 1kg thing was for creating this exact drama, but still, it's dumb. It's a 0.2% increase.

If that's what we're gonna do, I'm going to break some world records outside a competition in my garage gym (this is sarcastic I don't think I can break these records in reality):

I could keep going, but I think I made my point. I'm sure nobody would feel some type of way about my new records. :)

Agree 100%, I know Thor is likely dragging this out so he can continue to cash in by "breaking records", but as a fan I want to see him really lay it out there

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hopefully said:

I don't think Eddie particularly cares about Thor breaking the record, he'll still be the first that did 500 forever. Also there's no way he'll attempt to break it, he's done with abusing his body to that extent afaik. 

Yeah but it doesn’t matter. Sort of like many of you have zero clue who Ted Arcidi or James Henderson are, but all know who Julius Maddox is.

13 hours ago, Squeezus said:

It was a great lift and he certainly made it look better than Eddie's, but at this caliber, these guys don't have much excuse for doing "WR" lifts outside of a competition or breaking records by 1kg. I figure the 1kg thing was for creating this exact drama, but still, it's dumb. It's a 0.2% increase.

If that's what we're gonna do, I'm going to break some world records outside a competition in my garage gym (this is sarcastic I don't think I can break these records in reality):

I could keep going, but I think I made my point. I'm sure nobody would feel some type of way about my new records. :)

https://www.gripboard.com/index.php?/topic/51828-larry-wheels-sets-raw-wr-total-with-2370-lbs-in-308-class/

May be wrong of me to assume.. but it looked to me like you were in support of a WR being taken by a hair (literally not even a full pound) on that one. And that’s talking not even a full pound on a 3 lift total.. 

Thor took a record of a single lift by 2.2lbs. 

Which, as you know, since you follow PL, is the same way records are broken in every single lift. By a pound or so at a time typically.

in fact, if you look at the top 50 in each weight class in USAPL, you’ll see that in many cases, less than 10lbs separates 50 lifters totals. And USAPL is a widely respected org.

I understand this is strongman. But since were talking about a DL wr, powerlifting came to mind.

sure, I’d love to see him smash the record by 44lbs also. I wanted to see him give 520 a ride like he said he would. But more importantly, if we are gonna laugh at Eric Lilliebridge’s saltiness over his record bested by not even a single pound on a 3 lift total, then we are gonna also laugh at Eddie saltiness over 2.2lbs on a single lift.

...if were staying consistent, that is.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Eddie's been training (boxing) for a couple years now.  I'd give him the edge in this.  Although I'm pretty sure the winner will be myocardial infarction.  Everybody thinks they're in shape until a minute or so into a fight after a big adrenaline dump.  You suddenly feel like you've done a couple marathons carrying a refrigerator.  Can't imagine fighting at 400 lbs plus.  Couple marathons pulling a dump truck?

Ain't this the damn truth. First time I ever boxed seriously(maybe you could call it that, we had gloves OK) I was 19 and in pretty good shape. Three two minute rounds of steady punching and moving followed by five straight minutes of puking my guts out. Was not a pleasant feeling or sight. 

Edited by Billy Jack
  • Like 2

When I read this thread, I realize there are many reasons to really like Martins Licis.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just thought I should note that Eddie beat Big Z's Axle press record by 1kg, granted thats an overhead press not a deadlift but still.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 5:12 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

I'm thinking 12 x 15 second rounds with ten minute breaks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2020 at 8:38 PM, Tommy J. said:

May be wrong of me to assume.. but it looked to me like you were in support of a WR being taken by a hair (literally not even a full pound) on that one. And that’s talking not even a full pound on a 3 lift total.. 

Nope, wasn't in support of that either. I thought it was dumb too. But I can also understand how the numbers can fall out weird when you are doing 9 total attempts across three lifts. Calling for a weight on a single lift that is a 0.2% over the record seems ridiculous to me. I'd probably be salty in either case, but Eric L. is known to be emotional on line, so I expected extra salt in his case.

I think the significance of the increase as a percentage of the total weight is what folks are missing here. A 1kg increase on the 83kg men's bicep curl record (83.5kg) would be pretty solid. That same 1kg on the stub lift record would be a big jump. However, on a 500kg+ lift, Thor might as well have loaded it up to exactly 500kg, spit a loogie on top of the weights, and pulled it. 

• Like 1

Kayfabe at it's best.  Eddie seriously cut a legit good promo.  Somebody call Vince. @Jedd Johnson  He's better at this than 90% of the pro wrastlers out there these days.

17 hours ago, Squeezus said:

Nope, wasn't in support of that either. I thought it was dumb too. But I can also understand how the numbers can fall out weird when you are doing 9 total attempts across three lifts. Calling for a weight on a single lift that is a 0.2% over the record seems ridiculous to me. I'd probably be salty in either case, but Eric L. is known to be emotional on line, so I expected extra salt in his case.

I think the significance of the increase as a percentage of the total weight is what folks are missing here. A 1kg increase on the 83kg men's bicep curl record (83.5kg) would be pretty solid. That same 1kg on the stub lift record would be a big jump. However, on a 500kg+ lift, Thor might as well have loaded it up to exactly 500kg, spit a loogie on top of the weights, and pulled it. 

I’ve followed Eric for some time. Never once seen him spit venom even remotely close to what Eddie does. Yet no mention of trolling eddies social media for saltiness. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I would also argue that having a total of 9 lifts to get it right doesn’t make wheels .1 or a pound “record” look any better. It actually makes it look more pitiful. If he’d have simply matched what Thor did, and added 1k to each lift, then he’d have out done Eric’s record total by 6.6lbs. Yet he’s officially credited with “destroying” Eric’s raw total by a measly tenth of a pound. ...that is easily refutable given the equipment isn't even that accurate.

also, Thors record isn’t even listed as the official WR. (See pic below). So everyone needs to chill.

And strength is not linear. So sick of hearing the body weight and percentage mantra like it’s king. Or like it even remotely has stock in records. Weight classes make it a non point. And the only time I see percentages thrown in faces is when smaller competitors are so eager to make everyone believe they are stronger than the bigger lifter who moves more weight. How your describing it, any lift over 1,000 lbs done by a heavyweight needs to be out done by 50 or so pounds to be acceptable. Via to accommodate feelings about it anyways...while the lighter competitors don’t have to abide by the same stipulation.

rarely do ANY records in any of the big lifts get “smashed” by more than a couple pounds or so. Regardless of weight class. And the ones that do, like in Julius’ case, look like crap and are controversial to the point everyone loses interest anyways.

68D798AC-FF72-429F-AD56-8C5C978FDCB3.thumb.png.bb2e35d5a03889f40824f63d0256a5d5.png

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2020 at 4:01 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

Kayfabe at it's best.  Eddie seriously cut a legit good promo.  Somebody call Vince. @Jedd Johnson  He's better at this than 90% of the pro wrastlers out there these days.

You're totally right bro.  Most dudes these days can't touch this

• Like 1