Blob grip variations

Noobishindi

*first time posting photos so if something goes wrong, I’m forwarding the blame to anybody but myself!*

With the photos shown, is there a “right” way of lifting blobs or is it a case of whatever works? The photo (top) with just one digit of my thumb on the blob let’s me lift easier than the other, I’m able to tilt the blob towards the fingers side and the thumb just hooks it in place. I feel as though this relies more on friction between the thumb and blob than actual thumb strength. 

The second photo shows much more of my thumb on the blob, and can lift less than the aforementioned technique, but with the thumb fully on the blob I feel as though I’m working the thumb itself because it’s pressing into the blob, rather than just friction. 

Is there a right or wrong way to lift blobs or is it a case of whatever works? Also, am I wrong in thinking that one technique works the thumb less than the other? 

Appreciate any feedback! 

A485C15D-A5B2-4580-9747-8EFB03351DAB.jpeg

7AFD88F9-10CA-4505-B4A0-E3ED9A2B69DF.jpeg

The correct grip is the one that lets you lift it. The only "wrong" way to lift a blob that I am aware of is the "scoop" technique that extremely strong people with large hands are able to do like Mark Felix in this video around 0:23 

Some opinions may differ, but I think it's against the spirit of the feat.

• Like 2