Brand new Sorinex barbell in trash at work

Tommy J.

B9EFF11D-0C02-4C8F-85A2-1EF58F4A148C.thumb.jpeg.a9bd8352312a8f8ff07e99e005ae05ba.jpegD5238E98-9D69-443C-9CC5-3E6548B450D3.thumb.jpeg.1171fafb302e201990dcfae0f7b5b4c6.jpegC5EEF904-6F64-43B8-AB1C-8BE8ED814DEA.thumb.jpeg.a0a39d4b704c823fbc8bddeac09d5b6d.jpeg

Richard, if any of your customers are complaining of a lost barbell in Fort Worth Texas that they recently ordered, pm me and I’ll get you hooked up with management in this facility to help get the customer their barbell.

my initial thoughts were wanting to keep it upon seeing it in the trash. But now it’s my mission to get it to its proper home instead of hauled off in a scrap bin!

if anybody knows Richard personally, please send him this link??

the barbell is still sitting in this scrap bin as of 2:03 am April 23, 2020.

• Like 5

On 4/23/2020 at 2:04 AM, Tommy J. said:

B9EFF11D-0C02-4C8F-85A2-1EF58F4A148C.thumb.jpeg.a9bd8352312a8f8ff07e99e005ae05ba.jpegD5238E98-9D69-443C-9CC5-3E6548B450D3.thumb.jpeg.1171fafb302e201990dcfae0f7b5b4c6.jpegC5EEF904-6F64-43B8-AB1C-8BE8ED814DEA.thumb.jpeg.a0a39d4b704c823fbc8bddeac09d5b6d.jpeg

Richard, if any of your customers are complaining of a lost barbell in Fort Worth Texas that they recently ordered, pm me and I’ll get you hooked up with management in this facility to help get the customer their barbell.

my initial thoughts were wanting to keep it upon seeing it in the trash. But now it’s my mission to get it to its proper home instead of hauled off in a scrap bin!

Very strange. What ever happened with this?

I was actually looking on their site and noticed they are the only company with apparent stock on hand. 

Has anyone used one? I saw a few reviews on their site about very poorly shipped bars. Now I see one in a trash can. 

On 4/30/2020 at 4:04 PM, king crusher said:

Very strange. What ever happened with this?

I was actually looking on their site and noticed they are the only company with apparent stock on hand. 

Has anyone used one? I saw a few reviews on their site about very poorly shipped bars. Now I see one in a trash can. 

Sorry for the delay here.. I made an update vid Tuesday and for some reason YouTube refused to let me upload it any way besides private. I literally had to reupload it, then go on an actual PC and change the settings on the video just to make it viewable. Along with a corona rant video.. I guess this is YouTube getting further down into the censorship business. but that’s a whole nother can of worms for another thread.

after getting in touch with Bert Sorin and telling him the scenario, he put me in touch with someone from Sorinex in logistics. Who ultimately sent me a shipping label to send the bar back to Sorinex.

53E8165A-B769-4CD5-9A33-CA42FEA8EC95.thumb.png.ed3cd89c19f7b6c5515d5c73ba026566.png

and it’s back in Sorinex possession. And for some reason, this whole thing was very satisfying. 😃

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

15kg bar.  Should have kept it and set all kinds of "YouTube PRs!!!  :laugh  Good on you for doing the right thing.

• Haha 2

On 4/23/2020 at 11:04 AM, Tommy J. said:

It fell on the right man. Well done buddy for informing them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2020 at 10:02 AM, Alawadhi said:

It fell on the right man. Well done buddy for informing them.

Thanks man! Yeah I couldn’t let this one ride. I don’t own a single piece of Sorinex equipment, (I’m a cheapskate with training equipment) but I do respect Richard. If I’m being honest, it kind of pissed me off on multiple fronts seeing one of his bars in the trash. Quality product, that isn’t cheap. I can imagine some customer paid a pretty penny for it. 

And not to get too off topic, but I also bet the person that ordered it was one of the millions who had spent a ton of money on new home equipment due to their gyms being closed world wide from a pandemic. So I couldn’t help but sympathize with whoever ordered it. Prolly just some guy or gal with similar interests as every single one of us who looks to strength training as an outlet.

thats how I like to picture it anyway. And it was satisfying to help remedy the situation. 

I never did get any updates from Sorinex. But I didn’t do it for that. And the only reason I felt compelled to post this was so hopefully others would see there are people out there willing to go out of their way to make some shit right for complete strangers. Even if it’s small shit. My intent was, and still is, for others to see this and seek their own satisfaction doing something similar for a total stranger. Because it will only bring them good karma in return.

By the way, how are you Bader? Long time no post! Good to see you back brother.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 4:29 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

15kg bar.  Should have kept it and set all kinds of "YouTube PRs!!!  :laugh  Good on you for doing the right thing.

My initial thoughts when I saw it in the trash was to keep it. I spent a good half hour the next day walking around the hub talking to multiple loading supervisors and managers asking if i could keep it. Got a bunch of mouth-open blank stares as if none of them had the balls to give me a straight answer. And when I finally found one that said “yes”, I felt like keeping it would be the wrong thing to do.

who knows.. maybe one day I’ll be old, senile, and forget who I am and where I’m at. Then maybe some guy or gal who every loser out there perceives as some rude bastard (like they do me), will be the only one that has the fortitude to help me out.

in fact, now that I think about it, I actually can’t think of many I know who would even give a damn about some total stranger. Let alone a total strangers “stuff”. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Why is it only us assholes that inherently know how to come through for people? Never hear about the quote on quote “nice guys” doing shit like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Thanks man! Yeah I couldn’t let this one ride. I don’t own a single piece of Sorinex equipment, (I’m a cheapskate with training equipment) but I do respect Richard. If I’m being honest, it kind of pissed me off on multiple fronts seeing one of his bars in the trash. Quality product, that isn’t cheap. I can imagine some customer paid a pretty penny for it. 

And not to get too off topic, but I also bet the person that ordered it was one of the millions who had spent a ton of money on new home equipment due to their gyms being closed world wide from a pandemic. So I couldn’t help but sympathize with whoever ordered it. Prolly just some guy or gal with similar interests as every single one of us who looks to strength training as an outlet.

thats how I like to picture it anyway. And it was satisfying to help remedy the situation. 

I never did get any updates from Sorinex. But I didn’t do it for that. And the only reason I felt compelled to post this was so hopefully others would see there are people out there willing to go out of their way to make some shit right for complete strangers. Even if it’s small shit. My intent was, and still is, for others to see this and seek their own satisfaction doing something similar for a total stranger. Because it will only bring them good karma in return.

By the way, how are you Bader? Long time no post! Good to see you back brother.

Great pal! you did the right thing.

As for me, I am trying to hold my businesses together in this scamdemic situation. Things are moving towards the light, which is good. But we all need this movie to end so people can get back the their real life, and stop their temporary change (AKA as the new norm which I refuse to use). 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Great pal! you did the right thing.

As for me, I am trying to hold my businesses together in this scamdemic situation. Things are moving towards the light, which is good. But we all need this movie to end so people can get back the their real life, and stop their temporary change (AKA as the new norm which I refuse to use). 

Prayers your business stays profitable 🙏🏻

And i agree. I won’t buy the “new normal” line either.

• Like 1