indian clubs and gada

JayGrips

Anyone here mess around with indian clubs, gada (mace), and persian meels?  i think they are great compliments to grip training. great for coordination shoulder health and strength and endurance.  grip training is pretty one dimensional and these tools help me improve coordiantion while using my body in a more "functional" way.  definitely worth looking into.  

• Like 2

I am a big fan of clubs for shoulder strength and mobility. I just bought my first gada (a loadable piece from Kabuki Strength) and am hoping it will help continue to develop my stabilizing muscles. 

I’ve struggled with tight and unstable shoulders for a long time and swinging clubs, particularly shield casts, have helped me feel more confident. 

• Like 2

I use Indian clubs before every workout or bending session and swing a mace or sledgehammer frequently. I think they have been very beneficial to my shoulder and joint health. 

• Like 4

On 4/16/2020 at 1:36 PM, JayGrips said:

grip training is pretty one dimensional 

If this is the case, you need to get more creative.

i like club exercises. They are great active recovery for the upper body. 

20 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

. I just bought my first gada (a loadable piece from Kabuki Strength) and am hoping it will help continue to develop my stabilizing muscles. 

Is it worth the price? That seems like something easily made(aside from the chrome).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JHenze646 said:

Is it worth the price? That seems like something easily made(aside from the chrome).

I haven’t received it yet so I can’t be of much help there! But I purchased rather than making one myself because I’m not very good at preparing stuff like that (and I’ve been trying to spread some money around to producers during this time, which helps me justify the price). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Josh, you can swing the sledge you already have like a gada or mace and it works great for no $.

Edited by Donc101
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Yes, grip training is probably the most complex type of training you can do. There's a myriad of things you can do. No other training form comes close to it as far as I know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donc101 said:

Josh, you can swing the sledge you already have like a gada or mace and it works great for no $.

I can easily make one for myself or Tom if you understand what I was getting at.

1 hour ago, Tom Flesher said:

(and I’ve been trying to spread some money around to producers during this time, which helps me justify the price). 

Respect. It’s important to support the businesses and associations we find value in.

• Like 2

i got my gada from https://www.bodymind-fit.com definitely expensive but the quality is amazing.  also you dont want a weighted handle a gada or mace is supposed to have almost all of the weight in the head.  The first mace i bought was steel and i found that is was too short and also not ideal because of the handle being heavy...it worked decent but a taller person would prob do better with a bamboo gada

Edited by JayGrips

On 4/24/2020 at 9:22 AM, JHenze646 said:

yes sir right away sir thank you for your directive 

• 1 year later...
On 4/16/2020 at 7:36 PM, JayGrips said:

Anyone here mess around with indian clubs, gada (mace), and persian meels?  i think they are great compliments to grip training. great for coordination shoulder health and strength and endurance.  grip training is pretty one dimensional and these tools help me improve coordiantion while using my body in a more "functional" way.  definitely worth looking into.  

Agree, the also release a lot of tension build around the joints (elbow/wrist/shoulders). The rotations create a pull on the joints and decompress them, also nourish/lubricate cartilage by flushing synovial fluid in the joint membrane. 

When I feel tension in my joints starts to build up this will always reduce it and prevent inflammation.

I made a couple of gada ranging from 2kg to 15,5kg. 

IMG_7996.jpg