Interesting ways to train with blobs

bruce1337

Hey Grip nerds!

Today I played around with a half 45 blob and found an interesting way to do assisted lifts with a band.

Got it float for a second off the ground (image attached). This setup allowed for 2.5kg assistance (I weighed it down with weight plates until it matched my setup)

I would like to hear how you guys train to lift bigger blobs that are past your max. Do you think using your off hand for assistance better? 

Thanks!

1586599581194.jpg

• Like 1

This is how I trained to lift blobzilla and also the 2x25kg plate pinch....it works very well but I used in a rack so that the resistance could be more repeatable and also decrease/increase assistance as needed. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

This is how I trained to lift blobzilla and also the 2x25kg plate pinch....it works very well but I used in a rack so that the resistance could be more repeatable and also decrease/increase assistance as needed. 

Thats awesome! Before I had it suspended from a barbell on a rack, but it made the blob too easy to lift (Added around 6kg of assistance)

How would go about setting it up on a rack? Im assuming between the adjustable barbell hooks.

I like drags. And even fancier I like drags up a ramp with an adjustable Incline so you can easily progress it. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Thats awesome! Before I had it suspended from a barbell on a rack, but it made the blob too easy to lift (Added around 6kg of assistance)

How would go about setting it up on a rack? Im assuming between the adjustable barbell hooks.

i used a barbell and hooked the band to and then moved the barbell up and down....yes significant assistance at the bottom and the goal is to lift it off the band or an area where you can hold it near the top where there is no assistance.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

Could you please post a picture of this.

4 hours ago, Gary Gray said:

Could you please post a picture of this.

If i had one but dont and since i injured my hand yesterday i wont be doing grip for a few weeks. See my second response...fairly clear explanation of using a band to assist. 

Edited by Lucasraymond

Drags, especially towards the thumb (thumb on the bottom side) are tough, and obviously harder on a rubber mat than on a smooth surface. Negatives work well too, use just enough assistance with the other hand to get it off the ground.

For me it also helps to start lifting standing over the blob, then swing it to the outside of your body a bit (pushing thumb into it, see video.) And of course, add weight to smaller blobs. If you dont have platemates you can use a string with change plates at each end, draped over the top

• Like 5