A Feat of the Year Hand to Hand catch 200 lb Inch Dumbbell

AdamTGlass

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Well that's insane. Is that the heaviest inch style dumbbell you all have? 

Definitely one of the most impressive grip feats I've ever seen!

Feat of the year! Indeed!

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

How difficult is this? 

Somewhere between bending a paperclip and closing a CoC guide. 

11 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Funny. 

But I have never touched an inch and probably never will so it's difficult to relate. 

Load a dumbbell up to 200 lbs and snap on a fatgripz adapter to it and you should get an idea of how difficult it is to just lift this dumbbell. I have never tossed a dumbbell between hands so I don't know how difficult that is. It should be substantially harder than just lifting it at least.

Honestly it could be the feat of the year by just lifting it.

4 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Load a dumbbell up to 200 lbs and snap on a fatgripz adapter to it and you should get an idea of how difficult it is to just lift this dumbbell. I have never tossed a dumbbell between hands so I don't know how difficult that is. It should be substantially harder than just lifting it at least.

Honestly it could be the feat of the year by just lifting it.

I tossed an inch style dumbbell that was only 70lbs and while it wasn't that heavy the coordination to switch in time is no easy task. Most guys who can regularly lift the inch cannot perform an inch transfer so that should also illuminate how much harder this is than just a regular lift. 

On 4/12/2020 at 12:41 AM, Climber028 said:

I tossed an inch style dumbbell that was only 70lbs and while it wasn't that heavy the coordination to switch in time is no easy task. Most guys who can regularly lift the inch cannot perform an inch transfer so that should also illuminate how much harder this is than just a regular lift. 

"most" is an understatement. Maybe 5-10 guys have ever done an air transfer with an Inch. This completely and utterly insane thickbar strength and coordination. 

Pretty crazy feat of strength!  Congrats to Tanner for once again showing us the impossible - well at least the improbable :) 

I wonder how many Inch DB lifters would have (at the time or with further training) also been capable of lifting that DB?

As already mentioned the list of those that have manged to transfer (with air time) an Inch is rather short.

This'll certainly take some beating for the Grip Feat of the Year title.

Ridiculous. Tanner is absolutely amazing! Just crazy grip genetics and I look forward to what he will do training with the texas group while adding regular weight lifting and gaining weight. I also want to add, Tanner is a great guy. I reached out to him after tearing my A2 pulley cause hes had the same injury and he took the time to reassure me I would come back stronger from the injury (he actually sent me videos even at work). Just a good guy and asset to the grip community.   

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chez said:

Ridiculous. Tanner is absolutely amazing! Just crazy grip genetics and I look forward to what he will do training with the texas group while adding regular weight lifting and gaining weight. I also want to add, Tanner is a great guy. I reached out to him after tearing my A2 pulley cause hes had the same injury and he took the time to reassure me I would come back stronger from the injury (he actually sent me videos even at work). Just a good guy and asset to the grip community.   

Thanks man I really appreciate that! The A2 pulley year is such a scary injury. I just want my fellow grip guys to know it’s gonna be okay when/if it happens 

• Like 1