Wrist Thingy

climber511

·       Climber Curl

·       Climber Pinch (s)

·       Tips Tester

·       Napalm Nightmare (Jedd’s idea and my execution)

·       Wrist Thingy – both a small and large handle plus a few different sized pinch blocks to rotate

·       Several other items came out of the Yol Bosun gym

Early on I was one of the very few people making any kind of grip training devices.  The above are just a few of the Grip Strength Items I came up with.  The most under rated one for developing strength instead of testing it I feel is the Wrist thingy – wrist strength may be the least well developed overall Grip Strength aspect in all of our training.  Sledges are great but the resistance varies from almost nothing to a hard peak and back to nothing – the Wrist Thingy stays constant throughout the range of motion meaning more control in a safer manner.  Wrist curls – reverse wrist curls plus all directions on the Wrist Thingy will surprise you I think as to the improvements one will see in all the various tests of Grip Strength – especially the seemingly unrelated two hand Euro Pinch or the Flask – and the obvious tests done with a Sledge Hammer.   Give it a try and see.

Edited by climber511
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I made a custom wrist thingy and pinch wrist thingy for somebody a while back:
IMG_20160513_165648.jpg

20160522_190846.jpg

• Like 1

Somewhere Rick Walker has a video on the GB using one - shows what it does really well - I tried a quick search but maybe you'll have better luck.

So I have a wrist thingy and I love using it for pronation and supination but are you saying it can be used for reverse wrist curls or am I misreading. I can't picture how that would work. 

16 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

So I have a wrist thingy and I love using it for pronation and supination but are you saying it can be used for reverse wrist curls or am I misreading. I can't picture how that would work. 

No the Wrist Thingy won't do wrist curls or reverse wrist curls - what I meant was that the Wrist Thingy plus regular and reverse wrist curls will make for an all around strong wrist.  The Wrist thingy will also do the same muscles as a sledge raise to the front and to the rear as well as the rotation motion (can't remember what that motion is called).

21 minutes ago, climber511 said:

No the Wrist Thingy won't do wrist curls or reverse wrist curls - what I meant was that the Wrist Thingy plus regular and reverse wrist curls will make for an all around strong wrist.  The Wrist thingy will also do the same muscles as a sledge raise to the front and to the rear as well as the rotation motion (can't remember what that motion is called).

Those are ulnar and radial deviation. Also congrats on tricking me into spending 10 minutes trying to do a wrist curl on this thing because I don't know how to read haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1