David Shamey - Level 4

Bill Piche

gallery_9552_18_411.jpg

The GripBoard Proudly Certifies:

David Shamey

GripBoard Mash Monster Level 4 (Right and Left)

This certification is granted by The GripBoard as an independent third party with no ethical or commercial conflict of interest.

The Mash Monster Gripper is one of a limited number supplied and controlled by The GripBoard.

The gripper is closed with one hand under strict and uniformly ethical and authenticated conditions.

This momentous feat was demonstrated on video to assure it will be valid for posterity.

Official Mash Monster Video

Name: David Shamey
Height: 5' 11" 181cm
Weight: 105kg 231lbs
Date of Feat: April 2, 2020

Witness: N/A
How Long Grip Training:  7 years
Current Grip Training Program:  Closing what I want when I want

Other Training Info: Strongman and arm wrestling training
Other Info: Give me MM8, I'll close it 5 times :D

1574745338.jpg

David Shamey, the 22nd man (Right) and 1st (Left) in the world to close the Mash Monster Gripper - Level 4

Could you tell us a little about your background in lifting?
I've been training with iron for about 9 years. Of these, 2 years of calisthenics, a year of powerlifting, 6 years of armwrestling, the last year and a half together with strongman.

How did you get into grip training?
I started doing grip for armwrestling, but then it became a separate hobby for me.

You are now a GripBoard Mash Monster, what would you recommend to those aspiring to close this gripper?
The most important thing you have to hold on to for a result is regularity.

What does your current grip routine look like?
I just do some amount of work while I'm interested, 2-3 times a week.

How has your grip routine changed since you first started training your grip?
Now I have 10 times more grippers :D Seriously, the first few years I only had Coc 1 and Coc 3

There seems to be a significant variation in the frequency of grip workouts among trainees. Have you experimented with workout frequency and its effect on your training?
I trained both 1 time in 2 weeks and 5 times a week. My opinion is that more often is always better, but you need to properly distribute the load. You can't just take your workout that you do once a week and do it three times))

Could you tell us a little about your background in lifting?
I've been training with iron for about 9 years. Of these, 2 years of calisthenics, a year of powerlifting, 6 years of armwrestling, the last year and a half together with strongman.

How did you get into grip training?

I started doing grip for armwrestling, but then it became a separate hobby for me.

You are now a GripBoard Mash Monster, what would you recommend to those aspiring to close this gripper?

The most important thing you have to hold on to for a result is regularity.

What does your current grip routine look like?

I just do some amount of work while I'm interested, 2-3 times a week.

How has your grip routine changed since you first started training your grip?
Now I have 10 times more grippers :D Seriously, the first few years I only had Coc 1 and Coc 3

There seems to be a significant variation in the frequency of grip workouts among trainees. Have you experimented with workout frequency and its effect on your training?

I trained both 1 time in 2 weeks and 5 times a week. My opinion is that more often is always better, but you need to properly distribute the load. You can't just take your workout that you do once a week and do it three times))

What are your favorite grip exercises?

I only do classic closures with different widths and axle deadlifts.

What kind of starting routine would you recommend for a trainee new to grip training?
Work out in the gym, it will give a good increase in grip strength.

Who do you most admire in gripdom?

I'm very hard to impress. I think Nathan Holle showed the most interesting results for me

If you were to start over again with your grip training, what would you do differently?

I would start to train the grip more versatile, at the moment I significantly lack the strength of the extensors and pinch

What do you believe is the most difficult grip exercise?

Among the doable and interesting to me is clean Inch dumbbell and closing GHP 10

What are some of your personal bests in grip exercises?

The best I would call 88kg Coc 4 CCS, 94kg GHP 9 2 reps with 20mm block, 95.5kg BB GE MMS. Deadlift 210kg axle 

What do you believe is the most common mistake made by new grip trainees?

Rare, but very heavy training.

What do you consider to be the greatest grip feats of all time?

Honestly, I don't know.

Do you have any parting advice for readers?  

The regularity and moderate the diversity - the way to success

• Like 3